Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2019, 08:51 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,096,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
I guess this makes him homophobic too...

“Speaking of failing badly, has anyone seen what is happening to Nancy Pelosi’s district in San Francisco.” Trump wrote on Twitter. “It is not even recognizable lately. Something must be done before it is too late.”
Did he called the area a “ rat infested, **** hole”?. Do you really believe San Francisco is mostly homosexuals?

Do you think all Republican led areas don’t have any problems.? When do you think he will call one out?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

17,616 posts, read 6,898,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Baltimore residents and politicians would be the first to admit there are problems.

It is NOT what you say -- it is HOW you say it.

I don't expect Trump fans to get that.

Trump is the worst communicator in the world and these people are able to spin the crazy stuff he says into anything that fits the narrative in their heads.

Trump, as President of all of the states, is as responsible as OUR elected official for the problems in this country, as the elected officials from the troubled communities.

Instead of addressing the criticism Cummings provided, Trump chose to imply Cummings should 'go back'.....and again using language that has been explained a million times why it has racist connotations. He then basically told all the people that live in the community - -their community is not worth living in.

So Mr. President - you know that and the only thing you are going to do about is attack someone else.

What a great leader he is.

For the record, I have lived in mainly upper middle subdivisions all my life....and every one of them has had an issue with car breaks in.
Actually, Baltimore's idiotic politicians are the last people who will admit there is a problem. They haven't done ONE SINGLE THING to address the increased crime since the riots. They're all Democrats who are catering to their incredibly naïve and stupid base who think Trump matters more to their quality of life than crime, squeegee boys, homeless panhandlers, taxes, and infrastructure/road construction. I won't even get into the recent ransomware debacle.

The politicians running this city, all of whom are Democrats and almost all of whom are black, are the worst collection of incompetent ideologues I've ever had the displeasure of encountering. Their response to Trump's tweets has been more organized and efficient than anything else they've ever done on any issue.

14,480 posts, read 11,275,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopchop0 View Post
Parroting right wing talking points. How cute.

You may want to update them

https://www.latimes.com/business/hil...521-story.html
You should read your own article. Even the author admits that it's only a few months of data showing this decline and that it doesn't mean that it is a trend. In fact, I cannot even understand why this article was written beyond anti-Trumpist idiocy.

6,793 posts, read 5,659,752 times
Quote:
Trump isn't being call a racist for identifying the problems in Baltimore.

It is how he described them, and why.

He isn't bringing it up because he cares about the people -- most of who are good people (keeping it in Trump terms)......but because he was lashing out at someone who criticized his govt.'s policies on border control.
That is directly from the Politicians handbook..

Old 07-28-2019, 08:52 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,997,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
I guess this makes him homophobic too...

“Speaking of failing badly, has anyone seen what is happening to Nancy Pelosi’s district in San Francisco.” Trump wrote on Twitter. “It is not even recognizable lately. Something must be done before it is too late.”
I wonder why he didn't tell her to go back.
I wonder why he didn't use his favorite description for most communities issues 'infest, infestation, infested."

Old 07-28-2019, 08:52 AM

4,445 posts, read 1,448,717 times
Quote:
Trump isn't being call a racist for identifying the problems in Baltimore.

It is how he described them, and why.

He isn't bringing it up because he cares about the people -- most of who are good people (keeping it in Trump terms)......but because he was lashing out at someone who criticized his govt.'s policies on border control.
Why should pols weigh-in on national policies when they can't even manage the local areas they represent?

Old 07-28-2019, 08:53 AM

3,930 posts, read 2,096,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Racist. Everything is racist. Knew that was coming soon. When you don't like the facts about something call it......wait for it.......RACIST!

I posted facts. Then you called me a racist. The FACTS are that the top-50 rat infested cities are run by Democrats according to the Orkin list. Contact Orkin and rats and tell them they are all racist.
Oh relax. Did I call you a racist? No I did not.

Secondly of course there will be more rats in cities. So your link proves nothing

As I said you believe that no such areas exists in Republican led white majority areas?

Old 07-28-2019, 08:54 AM

3,372 posts, read 1,565,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
Did he called the area a “ rat infested, **** hole”?. Do you really believe San Francisco is mostly homosexuals?

Do you think all Republican led areas don’t have any problems.? When do you think he will call one out?
San Francisco is #5 on the "rattiest cities" in America. So yes, it is extremely rat-infested as well. San Francisco also has a tremendous problem with human excrement left everywhere on the street. Another Democratic-run "utopia."

Don't let facts get in your way though!

https://www.orkin.com/press-room/rattiest-cities-2018

27,555 posts, read 28,636,675 times
Quote:
Baltimore residents and politicians would be the first to admit there are problems.

It is NOT what you say -- it is HOW you say it.

I don't expect Trump fans to get that.
Politicians of both parties have been "saying" things way too kindly about cities like Baltimore for several decades. This clearly has not worked.

Time to try a different approach.

34,228 posts, read 18,565,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
Why should pols weigh-in on national policies when they can't even manage the local areas they represent?
^^^^This! They shouldn't, but they do to get National, Media attention and bash Trump. Grandstanding and lying about conditions at the border.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies