Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 06:51 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
Well just look what they are doing then claiming to be better than those who's human rights are violated daily
....yet you never have a word of complaint for countries whose human rights are actually violated - like throwing gays off buildings or stoning women for adultery. I wonder what's different about Israel that makes it such a target for the haters when other countries are far worse.

Old 08-02-2019, 06:59 PM

Quote:
You are the one whining and acting so puffed up. I sure be glad to get back any of the money we give away from any country. I ask you if you would be willing to shoot a Palestinian child with rubber bullets?
Would you shoot DR's from DR's without Borders in the legs?
And once again, never a word about the atrocities that Palestinians perpetuate on Isrseli children. And they don't use rubber bullets. They use knives, and stab them to death.

And I have no idea about the DR without Borders incident, but clearly, you're digging up anti-Isrsel stuff while conveniently acting as if Palestinians do no wrong. If I had the inclination, I could dig up stories of Palestinians strapping bombs onto their children and sending them into cafes to kill innocent people. But again, interesting how you only attack one side.

"when Palestinians love their children more than they hate Jews, there will be peace in Israel."

Old 08-02-2019, 06:59 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,244,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Israel gets a free pass every time and it's because their sugar daddy, the USA, vetos any UN resolutions against Israel.
We hold our own troops to a much higher standard than we do Israel.

Remember the lies Israel told to justify that last invasion of Lebanon? Total and complete lies and they bombed a clearly marked hospital. WE took their side through the entire abortion.

Russia invaded Georgia for actual factual reasons and the USA condemned it all. Keep in mind that Russia killed far fewer people, did not bomb any hospitals and inflicted far less collateral damage.

If Israel wasn't our sugar baby. If Israel was Iran or Libya we would be hammering them for their human rights violations.

I remember.
Remember the lies Israel told to justify that last invasion of Lebanon? Total and complete lies and they bombed a clearly marked hospital. WE took their side through the entire abortion.

I remember reading about the Israeli's had about 5000 Muslim men women and children in a camp totally unarmed and the Israeli commander opened the gates for the Christian Militia to go in and mass murder/butcher them. IFRRC

Old 08-02-2019, 07:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
i cannot begin to understand the mindset that sees Israel as a bad actor and justifies the actions of wildly crazy despotic regimes.

we have no bases for understanding one another. you are just off the rails.

crazy despotic regimes.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is nothing crazy about shooting DR's from other counties in the legs for helping injured people. Definitely not a Christian thing to do.

Old 08-02-2019, 07:03 PM

Wow. A thread about the contributions that Israel has given the world sure brings out the Israel-hating liberals, with one exception (and I'm hoping he will reconsider his vote, although in his state it's meaningless).

Old 08-02-2019, 07:06 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Wow. A thread about the contributions that Israel has given the world sure brings out the Israel-hating liberals, with one exception (and I'm hoping he will reconsider his vote, although in his state it's meaningless).
I'm sure you started this thread to be fair. LOL

Old 08-02-2019, 07:11 PM

Quote:
crazy despotic regimes.!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! There is nothing crazy about shooting DR's from other counties in the legs for helping injured people. Definitely not a Christian thing to do.
Israel has rescued hundreds of Syrians near their border and saved their lives. How many Syrians would rescue Israelis? But you go back to cherry-picking your anti-Israel incidents.

(I can't believe what has happened to the Democratic Party.)

Old 08-02-2019, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
There is a big double standard. If Iran, Russia or China did half of what Israel has done the USA would have been calling for UN resolutions and an embargo. The US turns a blind eye to the misdeeds of Israel. That is why we have 0 credibility in the region.

No?

Ok lets compare apples to apples.
China runs over a protestor with a tank. We still hold that over China's head for human rights violations.

Israel runs over a protestor (an American no Less) with a bulldozer and we say ah shucks accidents happen.

Iran boards and captures a ship in international waters. Kills no one, injures no one (I really detest Iran by the way) and the US calls for sanctions.

Israel boards a ship trying to deliver food, and medical supplies to Palestine. They kill and injure unarmed people (some were Americans) and we say ah shucks it could have happened to anybody.

I agree with you. There is a huge double standard.

We don't even need to get into AIPACs influence over our elected officials.

REMEMBER THE LIBERTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!

Old 08-02-2019, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
The point is quite simple - and obvious.

If the modern Israel (the one that people boycott or not - I sure don't)...never existed, the world as we know it would be similar or exactly the same.

On the other hand....if we didn't steal some Nazis, it would be very different.....although the above is the real point.

In other words, the OP has faulty logic and reason.

People have a right to boycott or not...anything...in the consumer sense.

If the OP asked...instead "Hey, I don't understand why people would boycott Israel because....(lay out case)"....well, that seems more logical than "We wouldn't have Sabra hummus in the market if not for Israel" or other silly reasoning.
A lot of this is" We have done all this
' and some are so sure some think they are better than the rest of the world.

Old 08-02-2019, 07:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
....yet you never have a word of complaint for countries whose human rights are actually violated - like throwing gays off buildings or stoning women for adultery. I wonder what's different about Israel that makes it such a target for the haters when other countries are far worse.

The Iranian govt shot a family member of mine. Drained most of the blood (Iraq/Iran War)from his body and then shot him while he was on his knees. I see no need to whine about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies