Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2019, 07:25 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
You've made your double atandards about Israel clear in other threads.

So tell me, should all the Arab countries give back all our aid too? Or do you have special "treatment" for the Jewish state?
I would certainly accept it if they did.

Old 08-02-2019, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Wow. A thread about the contributions that Israel has given the world sure brings out the Israel-hating liberals, with one exception (and I'm hoping he will reconsider his vote, although in his state it's meaningless).
Whoa time out. Who is hating on Israel? Calling out Israel's many misdeeds that we would hammer anyone else for isn't hating on Israel. If you want folks like me to hammer Iran I am happy to. Start a thread about Iran.,....

Israel's many contributions? As if they wouldn't have happened otherwise? Yes they have made contributions both in medical science and electronics. No doubt about it.

They are also back stabbers, thieves and sell outs. How many times have we caught them spying on us? Selling stolen secrets to our enemies. Selling highly classified technology to our enemies?

You mentioned the double standard and I agree there is one and it favors Israel. It is why we have 0 credibility in the region.

We can't say that we are opposed to collateral damage when we support a nation that has no issue inflicting collateral damage to make a point.

Rachel I have no desire to attack you or beat up on you. I normally agree with you, but not when it comes to painting Israel as the good guys in the world. They aren't the good guys. They aren't the worst guys either. Be honest. If syria or Egypt bombed an Israeli hospital you would scream foul. Can't you hold Israel to that same standard?

Old 08-02-2019, 07:37 PM

12,282 posts, read 13,245,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Whoa time out. Who is hating on Israel? Calling out Israel's many misdeeds that we would hammer anyone else for isn't hating on Israel. If you want folks like me to hammer Iran I am happy to. Start a thread about Iran.,....

Israel's many contributions? As if they wouldn't have happened otherwise? Yes they have made contributions both in medical science and electronics. No doubt about it.

They are also back stabbers, thieves and sell outs. How many times have we caught them spying on us? Selling stolen secrets to our enemies. Selling highly classified technology to our enemies?

You mentioned the double standard and I agree there is one and it favors Israel. It is why we have 0 credibility in the region.

We can't say that we are opposed to collateral damage when we support a nation that has no issue inflicting collateral damage to make a point.

Rachel I have no desire to attack you or beat up on you. I normally agree with you, but not when it comes to painting Israel as the good guys in the world. They aren't the good guys. They aren't the worst guys either. Be honest. If syria or Egypt bombed an Israeli hospital you would scream foul. Can't you hold Israel to that same standard?
Agreed.

Old 08-02-2019, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Versatile View Post
REMEMBER THE LIBERTY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!
That was another. "Ah shucks those boats all look the same", moment. Forget the big American flag flying. Forget the repeated requests for help broadcast in the clear. Forget the repeated attempts to identify themselves. Forget the fact and I do mean fact that said radio traffic was picked up as far away as Germany.

It was those sneaky Egyptians. It was all their fault.

Old 08-02-2019, 07:58 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:

I've never said that Israel is all good. I have been critical of their settlement policies, for example.

What I object to (and you are NOT guilty of this, as evidenced by your post) are people who are unable to acknowledge any good deeds by Israel while simultaneously are unable to acknowledge any wrongdoings by Paelstinians.

And I do see a double standard in many ways. Countries that do far worse are never condemned, or if they are, far less frequently than is Israel. You see this especially in the U.N. votes by the Human Rights Council, that almost exclusively focuses its resolutions of condemnation on Israel with barely a passing mention of Syria, or Iraq, or Saudi Arabia. That double standard is clearly driven by anti-semitism.

And finally, as I've said repeatedly, criticism of Israel's current government is not necessarily antisemitic, but the relentless targeting of Israel for condemnation while other, much worse, countries are ignored, is often driven by hostility toward Jews in general. We've seen evidence of that in this very forum, where a discussion of Israel has posters criticizing the Old Testament and making snide, sarcastic remarks about "chosen people." There is clearly an overlap, in many cases, between negative feelings toward Jews and condemnation of Israel (while painting Palestinians as people who are completely innocent of any wrongdoing).

Old 08-02-2019, 08:53 PM

Quote:
That was another. "Ah shucks those boats all look the same", moment. Forget the big American flag flying. Forget the repeated requests for help broadcast in the clear. Forget the repeated attempts to identify themselves. Forget the fact and I do mean fact that said radio traffic was picked up as far away as Germany.

It was those sneaky Egyptians. It was all their fault.
Also a Israel pilot refused to attack tried to call it off and got court martialed for it. Forget the 34 AMERICAN SAILORS that were murdered by our ally.

Old 08-02-2019, 08:56 PM

Quote:
I've never said that Israel is all good. I have been critical of their settlement policies, for example.

What I object to (and you are NOT guilty of this, as evidenced by your post) are people who are unable to acknowledge any good deeds by Israel while simultaneously are unable to acknowledge any wrongdoings by Paelstinians.

And I do see a double standard in many ways. Countries that do far worse are never condemned, or if they are, far less frequently than is Israel. You see this especially in the U.N. votes by the Human Rights Council, that almost exclusively focuses its resolutions of condemnation on Israel with barely a passing mention of Syria, or Iraq, or Saudi Arabia. That double standard is clearly driven by anti-semitism.

And finally, as I've said repeatedly, criticism of Israel's current government is not necessarily antisemitic, but the relentless targeting of Israel for condemnation while other, much worse, countries are ignored, is often driven by hostility toward Jews in general. We've seen evidence of that in this very forum, where a discussion of Israel has posters criticizing the Old Testament and making snide, sarcastic remarks about "chosen people." There is clearly an overlap, in many cases, between negative feelings toward Jews and condemnation of Israel (while painting Palestinians as people who are completely innocent of any wrongdoing).

When you hold yourself out to be a top country in the world and want to run with us big dogs then you are going to take some hits as you run over others.

Old 08-02-2019, 11:39 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,363,103 times
Quote:
And that's just for starters. The list of technological and medical advancements by Israelis is long.

Good News From Israel: What They Would Lose by Boycotting Israel
So? That's like saying you should not criticize Henry Ford or the Ford Motor Company for pioneering automobiles to the masses, even though both the founder and the company have done deeds that can be criticized and condemned. In fact, Henry was a well know anti-Semite. And the Ford Motor Company willfully chose to produce Pintos with faulty fuel tanks back in the 1970s, for example.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies