Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2019, 06:28 PM

2,899 posts, read 1,870,211 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Ban all guns. How about you move to Japan. Win win.
Japan is a homogenous civilized society, that is the main reason for their low crime rates.

12,970 posts, read 9,659,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
We've had mass shooters since the 80s. All Trumps fault? How retarded can we be?
Were they all based on racial hatred like this one?

37,222 posts, read 19,219,451 times
The shooter posted this to all of his social media accounts before his killing spree.
Attached Thumbnails
Breaking: At least 18 people were shot inside a Walmart. El Paso-67735736_2133926983573705_4630918997942992896_n.jpg  

2,801 posts, read 3,859,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecoalman View Post
The issue is there is no fundamental difference between what you define as a "weapon of war" and a semi auto hunting rifle other than the hunting rifle being far more deadly. The guns you are referring to as "weapons of war" like the ar-15 are not a particularly deadly weapon. The military version being the m-16 was chosen because it's a light gun, easy to handle and cheap to make. These are important attributes for the general military especially if you are trying to teach people how to handle one. If you are first time shooter this is a really good dun to learn with....

As I type this, the dead rises from 15 to 20

I didn't want to comment on this thread because I don't live in the US, so commenting on its 2nd Amendment laws is something I try to avoid as much as possible. It doesn't affect me, unlike other aspects of American foreign and domestic policy that do affect me as a citizen of Canada and the US. Where I live, gun violence is not a worry for me. I'm not in a gang or involved with OC so it is VERY unlikely I will ever be the victim of gun violence, because those are the people it mainly impacts here.

That said, I am a licensed gun owner and hunter. I'm not an expert but I have a pretty strong knowledge of firearms and their designs and history. To say that the AR-15 is not a "deadly weapon" compared to a hunting rifle is an intentional and tendentious distortion of the word "deadly" with the word "dangerous" or "lethal" The result is to try and portray semi-auto "combat" or "assault" style rifles as less dangerous to people than a higher caliber hunting rifle. That is nonsense and easily disproven simply by looking at statistics and design.

But first, ask yourself this...which kind of gun do you think has statistically killed more people: a high-caliber hunting weapon or a smaller-caliber AR or AK-type rifle? Which rifle would you rather be holding if you were surrounded by armed men? A 30.06 bold-action or an AR-type with a 30-round magazine?

The semi-auto AR is statistically and objectively a much more efficient way to kill humans in close quarters than a bloody hunting rifle, making it far more deadly and dangerous than a hunting rifle. Hunting rifles are designed to hunt GAME, from a distance, with high accuracy. These rifles typically have a limited ammunition capacity because of weight considerations (high-caliber ammunition is heavy and big), as well as their high lethality and ability to take down large animals with one or two well-placed rounds. High-caliber hunting rifles mostly use a bolt or lever actions to reload, which makes rapid fire difficult even if you are Lucas McCain.

By comparison, the lower-caliber AR-15 or AK-47 variant pops off up to ten rounds per second, allowing active shooters to achieve far deadlier results than they would if they relied on a hunting rifle. The AR-15 is a civilian copy of the military M16 which was designed as an infantry weapon for use in close combat with other humans. The AK...well, it's a bloody AK - it is perhaps the most famous human-killing tool in the world. So while a gunshot wound from a 30.06 or 30.30 hunting rifle is more likely to be lethal to a victim than a smaller bullet from an AR or AK-type, the AK and Armalite can pop off dozens of highly lethal ammunition in seconds.

I mean really. The way that some gun rights folk knowingly misrepresent how deadly these kinds of rifles are to people. They resent them being called "assault" rifles even though their design is identical to the military variant minus the fully automatic function. These weapons have caused and continue to cause tremendous suffering around the world and yet some people have the nerve to say that a hunting rifle is "deadlier."

Unbelievable

As an aside, from the photo-capture of this suspect, it looks like he was carrying a civilian AK-type, not an AR. Also very cheap and easy to buy in much of America.

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
Wow. This is an example of being consumed by paranoia and hatred. I feel bad for you
Yeah, there are some really weird people on here. The far-right conservatives are pretty far out there LOL.

10,473 posts, read 4,042,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
His manifesto is like some 8th grade essay with bits and piece copy pasted from various sources. You won't learn much about him from it aside the fact that he wanted the notoriety of a manifesto.
Eh, somebody wanted to make notoriety of the manifesto, but I don't think it was him. I'm definitely leaning towards the idea that this was another manufactured shooting from someone who has a lot of money, power and an agenda to push. I've noticed most of the comments on youtube believe the same thing.

Old 08-03-2019, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Agree.

I really wish we could get a single C-D Trump supporter to say this. Just one.

Whether he's calling majority black inner-city neighborhoods "rat infested," calling Mexicans drug dealers and rapists, saying countries run by black people are "s-hole countries," etc, NOT ONCE have I seen a single Trump supporter on this forum say that they would like to see him tone down those types of comments.

Instead, they twist themselves into figure 8s trying to explain what Donny really meant and that saying __________________ (insert controversial quote here) wasn't offensive.

Maybe it's because He's not wrong.

Sorry you can't admit it.

Keep listening to the Democrat propoganda media wing spin everything he says to get simpletons all wired up on knee jerk reactions.

Old 08-03-2019, 06:30 PM

11,404 posts, read 4,087,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
Eh, somebody wanted to make notoriety of the manifesto, but I don't think it was him. I'm definitely leaning towards the idea that this was another manufactured shooting from someone who has a lot of money, power and an agenda to push. I've noticed most of the comments on youtube believe the same thing.
Well, if you read it in the YouTube comments section, it must be true.

Old 08-03-2019, 06:31 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,269,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Agree.

I really wish we could get a single C-D Trump supporter to say this. Just one.

Whether he's calling majority black inner-city neighborhoods "rat infested," calling Mexicans drug dealers and rapists, saying countries run by black people are "s-hole countries," etc, NOT ONCE have I seen a single Trump supporter on this forum say that they would like to see him tone down those types of comments.

Instead, they twist themselves into figure 8s trying to explain what Donny really meant and that saying __________________ (insert controversial quote here) wasn't offensive.
They like his policies...or at least that's the excuse.

(In reality, they love his rhetoric)

Old 08-03-2019, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The shooter posted this to all of his social media accounts before his killing spree.
This screams of a plant.

Deliberately trying to get the blame on trump.

The guy in Christchurch DID THE EXACT SAME THING.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies