Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2019, 06:44 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,100,100 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don’t blame Trump but his hate filled rhetoric doesn’t help, time for him to show some leadership.
What hate filled rhetoric?

37,222 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
When you have Donald Trump spewing hate against Mexicans by saying they are "rapists and killers", White Supremacists are listening and becoming motivated to act in a violent manner.
And this is the result of his hate speech:

https://newsone.com/3883517/el-paso-...2WX2O9gYKYSujo

3,500 posts, read 2,788,649 times
Unbelievable. Another far right terrorism attack.

It's time for people on both sides of the political divide to speak up against violent white supremacy which has been expanding in the past few years.

Other wise there will likely be more domestic terrorism attacks in America.

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudy Dayz View Post
And enough ammo to take on a mass shooter? I don't think so. Now you are assuming they are concealed carrying specifically to take on a mass shooter. There have been many people concealed carrying at mass-shooting incidents. Some have even been interviewed as to their reasons for not getting involved. They all said that their gun was for their personal protection, and they had no intention of using it to take on a mass shooter, or get between the shooter and arriving LEOs.

I've tested the USP, .45, out to 100 yards on the silhouette, rapid shooting on one magazine in the car coming to get me scenario.

Now, do I think it would be that easy? Of course not but if I were to pick a pistol to engage a target at 100 yards, that's it..............

..........the catch is, the USP is a full size battle pistol and unless you are wearing a field jacket, it's a bit tough to conceal.

Old 08-03-2019, 06:45 PM

15,421 posts, read 9,083,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMSRetired View Post
There were 8 mass shooting incidents while Obama was President.
Did you blame him for them as well ?
I think Obama missed the opportunity to take as stand on it, and do something more meaningful than offer thoughts and prayers. He tried, but not very hard.

5,067 posts, read 1,667,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Jesus Christ, some of you posters are sick. Are you honestly so deranged that you think:

1) libs are happy about this?
2) it's Trumps fault?

Get help. Your political anger has gotten to a level where you're completely irrational in your thinking.

No, its not Trumps fault but probably the hate filled MSM and their rhetoric/hate towards Trump bears some blame.

I wouldnt be surprised is some libs are happy about this because now the narrative for the next week or 2 will be about gun control.....its as if they set up these things, they need something new to whine about since Mueller time actually lowered the number of people looking for impeachment.

2,899 posts, read 1,870,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
It just scream of racial hatred to me. You probably want it to be a plant but, I haven't seen anywhere this leaning towards any plant.
And guess what, Democrats and liberals are just as capable of racial hatred.

That's my point.

He is possibly (if that picture was genuine) trying to get people mad at trump to create more hatred and division when he himself isn't a trump supporter.

The Christchurch guy did the same thing. Read his manifesto.

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tillman7 View Post
When you have Donald Trump spewing hate against Mexicans by saying they are "rapists and killers", White Supremacists are listening and becoming motivated to act in a violent manner.
LOL so predictable. It's Trump's fault. Forget that these shootings started long before Trump even talked about running for office.

NO it is not Trump's fault. It is the individual's fault.

Trumps an idiot, but he doesn't own this and by the way our Prisons have many many individuals from south of the border, many of whom for rape, murder, drugs and gang violence.

37,222 posts, read 19,210,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
What you expect them to do about it? Like specifically, realistically.

Gun lobby is not near as influential as you give them credit for, and exactly what did the gun lobby do that caused this shooting?
Ask Moscow Mitch why he won't advance the gun bill the House passed a month or so back, and get back to us, would you...?

Realistically I expect us to follow Australia's lead. They solved their mass shooting and mental illness problems all in one fell swoop in 1996.

Old 08-03-2019, 06:46 PM

5,997 posts, read 3,734,817 times
From what I've read, the shooter's manifesto indicated that his personal quest was to combat the Hispanic "invasion" at the border. Sound familiar? How much you want to bet he's an avid Trump supporter?

Trump's vitriol is taking a toll on our society. People who otherwise would keep these feelings to themselves now think they have license to maim and kill at will because their hero, Trump, says it's okay. At least that's how these unstable people see it. I fear we are going to see more of this stuff as we near the election and Trump intensifies his rhetoric. This is the mentality of his base and he knows it. He plays them like a fiddle.

But, hey, there's good people on both sides. Remember?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies