Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2019, 08:58 AM

26,694 posts, read 14,569,031 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
It must really suck to be so afraid of living that you feel the need to carry a gun all the time. What causes all your fear?
Right back at you. Why do you want to ban guns? What are you so afraid of?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2019, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
With that rationale, there’s no point in everyone else having the guns. If no one is shooting at an active shooter, no one is protecting anybody, so concealed carry is useless.
How did you miss “myself and my family “ part???

Reading comprehension or deliberate blindness?

Old 08-04-2019, 09:00 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
According to you guys, in the past posts the good guy isn’t the police because you don’t want to depend on them. So police don’t count, it’s their jobs. So the good guys are supposed to be guys like you that won’t approach a shooter if hes not pointing it at you. You just run the other way. In the majority of the last shootings the shooter killed himself or the police did it. So there’s no good guys with guns if they all think like you and will only defend themselves. So you can stop saying everyone needs a gun now.

What you can say now, since people don’t shoot at people that aren’t pointing guns directly at them, and they run instead. You can say when there’s an active situation in a state with open carry laws, you duck the bullets and run like everyone else and let the police take care of it. You help yourself only.
A good guy is any person who is not the bad guy.

Most good guys with guns, who aren't good guys working as police, carry to protect themselves and their families.

If you don't want to carry, that's your CHOICE.

The 2nd guarantees my right to carry, and I CHOOSE. To do so.

If you're ever in the scenario of a mass shooting, your only hope is that the police arrive before a bullet arrives in you.

My hope is that either the police arrive or tgat I can shoot him before he shoots me.

My odds would be better than yours.

Old 08-04-2019, 09:01 AM

5,111 posts, read 2,052,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Funny, how Blk folks (Blk on Blk crime) accounting for most of the mass shootings and gun crime, but our society has deemed that “normal” everyday incidents and do nothing about it.
Yes and even Family Guy once mentionned black on black crime and the hypocrisy of the medias about that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2amS4-1dS0c

Old 08-04-2019, 09:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
As far as the criteria for "oble-bodied [sic]", there are a lot of people who would be of questionable minds when it comes to having that kind of weaponry in common everyday situations, and on the edge of snapping and using a weapon in a way that wasn't going to protect anyone, but would be a threat to anyone they're around. Even if someone supports the right of gun ownership, it doesn't take a whole lot of common sense to understand that but that's lacking among a lot of people who say more guns is always better.

With the US's very liberal gun culture (liberal as in ease of access), I haven't seen this be an effective strategy so far compared to other cultures abroad. If this changes and these things aren't happening anymore like they have been in recent years, get back to me on that. I feel like I'm going to be waiting a long time though.
They aren’t able-bodied if they have mental illness.

Old 08-04-2019, 09:03 AM

Quote:
No. The vast bulk of the drugs coming into the United States do not come across the Mexican border. Only amateurs take that route, because you can't move enough product either going through the checkpoints with drugs in the nose of a semi or carrying them across through the desert.

That's why they make airplanes and speedboats.
Lol. you don't think airplanes, ships or trucks pass our borders when entering our country?

You believe our only border is between us and Mexico?

ROFLMAO!!!

Do all you liberals believe this? Do you all believe our only border is between us and Mexico?

Old 08-04-2019, 09:03 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
While I have no issue with Universal Background Checks, it would not have prevented most sensational mass shootings. The exception that comes to mind is the Charleston Church shooting whereby there was a breakdown in communication between the county court and the database.

Old 08-04-2019, 09:04 AM

2,260 posts, read 1,138,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
Funny, how Blk folks (Blk on Blk crime) accounting for most of the mass shootings and gun crime, but our society has deemed that “normal” everyday incidents and do nothing about it.
It’s because people like you don’t care when black folks die unless you can politicize their deaths. Also you use black on black crime as the usual deflection from the issue of the gun problem in this country.
So don’t act concerned all of a sudden.

Old 08-04-2019, 09:05 AM

Quote:
According to you guys, in the past posts the good guy isn’t the police because you don’t want to depend on them. So police don’t count, it’s their jobs. So the good guys are supposed to be guys like you that won’t approach a shooter if hes not pointing it at you. You just run the other way. In the majority of the last shootings the shooter killed himself or the police did it. So there’s no good guys with guns if they all think like you and will only defend themselves. So you can stop saying everyone needs a gun now.

What you can say now, since people don’t shoot at people that aren’t pointing guns directly at them, and they run instead. You can say when there’s an active situation in a state with open carry laws, you duck the bullets and run like everyone else and let the police take care of it. You help yourself only.
Once again, if you aren’t willing to carry and protect yourself or your family, why should anybody care?

Nobody including the police has the obligation to protect you. The courts have ruled unanimously on this multiple times.

Old 08-04-2019, 09:05 AM

Quote:
It must really suck to be so afraid of living that you feel the need to carry a gun all the time. What causes all your fear?
I'd argue you're more fearful.

You want to restrict other's rights due to your fear.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies