Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2019, 10:13 AM

15,074 posts, read 10,108,006 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
How fast did the open carry guys in Texas lose " hope " before they ran?
Let's not imply that they lost hope or cowards... it is stupidity to play hero with all the unknowns and chaos at an active shooter situation. They did exactly what they are suppose to do...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2019, 10:13 AM

6,119 posts, read 4,609,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
The solution is not less arms. The solution is everyone be armed.
Only you are responsible for your life. NO ONE ELSE.
I see the NRA bots are at it again.

Old 08-04-2019, 10:14 AM

3,674 posts, read 3,036,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
American exceptionalism on display again.....we should all be ashamed.
Speak for yourself! I'm not ashamed as I didn't do it and never would do such a thing!!!!!

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
It did at this Walmart shooting:

Shoppers pulled guns in response to Thornton Walmart shooting, but police say that slowed investigation

Authorities had to eliminate possible suspects from surveillance video
Similar thing happened in Dallas.

Except that the armed ran for their lives with everyone else. It added to the perception of multiple shooters.
Photos of some of them were broadcasted as being wanted for questioning. I believe most surrendered and were cleared.

18,504 posts, read 15,560,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
If folks are all safer if everyone is armed, why are NRA meetings no-gun zones?

"* PLEASE NOTE: Due to the attendance of the President of the United States at the NRA-ILA Leadership Forum on Friday, April 26, the U.S. Secret Service will be responsible for event security around the Arena at the Lucas Oil Stadium. As a result, firearms and firearm accessories, knives or weapons of any kind will be prohibited in the forum prior to and during his attendance. "

https://www.nraam.org/attend/firearms-policy/
The very definition of irony.

Old 08-04-2019, 10:15 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,560,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by usayit View Post
Let's not imply that they lost hope or cowards... it is stupidity to play hero with all the unknowns and chaos at an active shooter situation. They did exactly what they are suppose to do...
Not according to some of the pro open carry people here on CD.

Old 08-04-2019, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjseliga View Post
Or there's just a lot more mentally ill people in Texas?
I aint goin to touch that... .

Old 08-04-2019, 10:17 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
The very definition of irony.
It was just the leadership forum. Please note I went back and edited that change in.

It does seem like Trump would be safer if everyone was armed. Or at least that's the premise.

Old 08-04-2019, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Not according to some of the pro open carry people here on CD.
There are many pro concealed and open carry people in this thread and the El-Paso thread that have been correcting them and injecting a bit of reality. I say this often... CD isn't a reflection of reality. Way too many people living in a movie fantasy and need to step away from CD.. they need to get out and live more.... most probably have zero experience.

Just yesterday, a poster in the other thread claimed that a silenced firearm was "silent". lol. Obviously a person that obtains knowledge from the movies.

I say this again... most owners buy for personal safety and not to play hero. In a active shooter situation, people don't know me, cops don't me, no idea who is shooter, no idea how many shooters, and no way I'm going to live with the fact that I shot an innocent person by mistake. There are just too many factors and unknowns. There's only one reason I would brandish my weapon, if directly threatened.... my focus would be to get myself and family out of harms way. That is not being a coward.. that is being smart.

Old 08-04-2019, 10:18 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aileesic View Post
That would be great but NO ONE is addressing or doing a thing about the root cause, and we all know what that is.... And of course, the reason no one will do anything has much to do with cost. Instead it's either shouting for more guns or no guns.
Mental illness?

Mass shooters don’t perceive themselves to be mentally ill.

Anyone who is experiencing suicide and/ or murder ideation can call 911 and be taken off the street, chop- chop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies