Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2019, 02:25 PM

30,404 posts, read 19,191,759 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Th FBI is calling the attack in El Paso by its proper name - Domestic Terrorism.

Mass shooters are America's version of suicide bombers, many driven by ideology and leaving manifestos, intending to kill as many people at random as they can before they are stopped. So the question refocuses not to simply "What doe we need to do about gun control?", but "What can we do in the United States to stop our home grown terrorists before they have a chance to act out?", with gun control still being a major topic of discussion.

What sort of mental health program would have foretold this shooter's possible intentions and called attention to his problems, if you believe this is a mental health issue?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/20-dead-m...083507188.html
Yep, the Alt Left is motivating domestic terrorism.

Old 08-04-2019, 02:45 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,345,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post

For heaven's sake, the only reason there are so many guns in the ghetto is because righties and the NRA's campaign contributions won't let us even discuss sensible regs.
So true. Everyone in the ghetto buys their guns at legal gun shops. They would never, for example, buy stolen guns. Change the regs and ghetto guns will disappear. Presto!

You need to spread the word!

Old 08-04-2019, 02:58 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,728,690 times
Trump supporters are calling Mayor Pete a huge jerk? Seriously? There are even some conservatives calling him a fake Christian because he's Episcopalian. Apparently some religions are better than others and since Episcopalians, Presbyterians and a few others allow gays and gay marriage, they are "less" than other Christian churches. I never knew there was a ranking so learning a lot here. As for what he's saying, that is absolutely nothing compared to the highly inflammatory things other, far more influential political leaders have said. Why isn't Mayor Pete being complimented for "just telling it like it is"? Hmm?

Old 08-04-2019, 03:17 PM

177 posts, read 108,198 times
I agree with Mayor Pete and appreciate that he tells the truth.

Old 08-04-2019, 03:42 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,281,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
So true. Everyone in the ghetto buys their guns at legal gun shops. They would never, for example, buy stolen guns. Change the regs and ghetto guns will disappear. Presto!

You need to spread the word!
Oh, is there a secret ghetto firearms manufacturing facility we're all unaware of?

Everyone one of them was purchased from a manufacturer at one point and dues forwarded to the NRA. They don't care anymore than the Opioid producers where and who illicitly gets their product so long as they get their money.

And no, no one is as simplistic as you suggest. But making more of them available isn't helping, is it? Each journey begins with a step.

Old 08-04-2019, 06:21 PM

37,146 posts, read 42,245,999 times
It's the left's way of turning people against white men since they need to get attention off black/brown people (that's their label, not mine) and Islam. They have an agenda and this is part of it.

Old 08-04-2019, 06:52 PM

12,971 posts, read 9,666,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
It's the left's way of turning people against white men since they need to get attention off black/brown people (that's their label, not mine) and Islam. They have an agenda and this is part of it.
The left is doing no such thing, their own actions are turning people against the one who are racist and hateful. Stop blaming all your problems on black and brown people. The racist have their own agenda as well, an agenda of hate.

Old 08-04-2019, 07:08 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,345,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TKO View Post
Oh, is there a secret ghetto firearms manufacturing facility we're all unaware of?

Everyone one of them was purchased from a manufacturer at one point and dues forwarded to the NRA. They don't care anymore than the Opioid producers where and who illicitly gets their product so long as they get their money.

And no, no one is as simplistic as you suggest. But making more of them available isn't helping, is it? Each journey begins with a step.
Dues forwarded to the NRA as a condition of purchase? That would be equivalent to paying NARAL before offing one’s offspring. tagging fetal body parts.

Yes, do eschew simplicity. Step into the ghetto and set them straight.

We’re right behind you.

Old 08-04-2019, 07:24 PM

41,979 posts, read 75,252,667 times
He's not wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
Most of the mass shootings in the USA over the last 48 months have been committed by white men. Are you saying that factual information is fake news?

If El Paso, Dayton, Las Vegas, Pittsburgh Synagogue, etc, had been committed by all brown Muslim men, I can only imagine what you and all the other conservative posters would be saying about terrorism being out of control.

But it's been mostly white men so the far-right just says "mental health" and "thoughts and prayers."
And then there's no support for mental health care, so nothing truly changes, and innocent people keep on getting killed by people who have no business owning guns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATX Wahine View Post
Just shut up. You talk too much.
Pot, kettle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
A white guy shooting a few people is RARE.
30 people in 13 hours is not "a few", nor is it rare.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
CNN was on when I first started my workout today. They wasted lil time blaming Trump for every mass shooting ever. I can't believe people watch AND believe that crap.
I can't believe you can't comprehend what CNN is saying, nor can I believe that your exaggeration is based on what actually was broadcast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Shootings are shootings. The fact is that black inner-city males murder exponentially more Americans than "white nationalists" every single year. Where is your outrage over these facts? Where is the media's outrage? Or does it just not fit the narrative/agenda properly?
Your outrage only over murders committed by black inner-city males is noted.

Old 08-04-2019, 07:39 PM

12,971 posts, read 9,666,867 times
Why every time these mass shooting takes place, people on the right just automatically start bringing up Antifa, abortions, and black on black crime? I mean it's like clock work around here. It's like when one child gets in trouble, he's going to start telling on the other kids because he got caught. Mass shooting is a specific topic, and have nothing to do with the others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies