Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Climate change caused by humans is a real phenomenon
True 101 56.42%
False 78 43.58%
Voters: 179. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2019, 12:33 PM

18,724 posts, read 7,602,949 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Humans have to be having some impact.
TRANSLATION: I don't have any proof.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reed067 View Post
Since the start of the industrial Revolution we’ve been pumping stuff into the atmosphere it’s naive to think it hasn’t taken it toll on the planet.
TRANSLATION: Neither do I.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
The scientific evidence is that it is 100% human.
TRANSLATION: Me neither.

Even after more than 40 years of whining and caterwauling since the first Earth Day, and trying as hard as they can all that time, nobody has ever produced any proof that man's activities have any effect on the climate changes we are seeing. Just studies that refer to more studies that lead to even more studies. And not a bit of proof in any of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2019, 12:38 PM

9,911 posts, read 7,693,961 times
Still doesn't mean the U S. can work towards being the most environmentally friendly Nation in the World and be an example for other Countries.

Old 08-04-2019, 12:39 PM

31,025 posts, read 22,059,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leona Valley View Post
Idiots. In the 70’s it was Time magazine front page: The Big Freeze....and global cooling. Then it became global warming......then simply climate change. Next it’ll be global stagnation. Anything to make a buck.
I remember that as as child. The Liberal Teachers would tell us that we would be in an ice age by now. Now they are all saying that we will all be in an oven. Thank dog they came up with the term "Climate change" as it can't be disproved

Old 08-04-2019, 12:45 PM

31,025 posts, read 22,059,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Is the climate changing? -Yes, it always has and always will.

Is the climate warming?-Yes. On a macro scale we are still coming out of an ice age-a cyclic phenomenon.

Is the burning of fossil fuels a contributing factor? -Perhaps.

How much of a contributing factor is the burning of fossil fuels?-That is the real question-no one knows exactly.

Will destroying the US economy, putting millions out of work, perhaps leading to a global depression, do anything to reverse the impact of climate change? Not likely

Will the loudest proponents of "AGW" change their lifestyles, give up private jets, get rid of their luxury cars, live in a "tiny home" and sink their yachts to contribute to reversing the process?-get serious

Are some of the loudest proponents of "AGW" enriching themselves by promoting AGW?-absolutely. Look at Algore and his "carbon exchange" scheme-and the profits from fiction movies.
Toyman, don't be so practical. You know the Left needs to make all of their goals so urgent that we will blindly in trust them to fix all of our problems, AOC, abd her Jihadi Warriors will fix all the problems

Old 08-04-2019, 01:02 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,024,160 times
I'm sorry but you worded your poll incorrectly and you didn't include enough options to allow for more accurate results, so I won't vote in your poll and add more skewing to already skewed results.

If you had included the option that humans have contributed, not caused, but contributed to and all share some responsibility for this climate change and the highly unusual speed in which it's happening this time, then I would have voted for that.

But saying that humans have directly caused climate change is just nonsense, it isn't even possible. And saying that humans have nothing to do with climate change at all and it's normal the way it is happening this time is just as much nonsense. I think everybody knows that, even the deniers who won't admit it publically know in their hearts that humans have something to do with it this time round but they don't want to accept any personal responsibility for their own contributions to it.

Old 08-04-2019, 01:06 PM

18,432 posts, read 8,266,769 times
a few trillion AC's in the summer....a few trillion heaters in the winter....and trillions of miles of black asphalt

Old 08-04-2019, 01:27 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,529,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboteer View Post
TRANSLATION: I don't have any proof.

TRANSLATION: Neither do I.

TRANSLATION: Me neither.

Even after more than 40 years of whining and caterwauling since the first Earth Day, and trying as hard as they can all that time, nobody has ever produced any proof that man's activities have any effect on the climate changes we are seeing. Just studies that refer to more studies that lead to even more studies. And not a bit of proof in any of them.
I could post 1,000 links stating that global warming is real, would that change your mind? No.
So I’ll say this instead which I have before.

I lived in North Carolina has a kid in the winters they were much harsher and colder then they are now not to mention more snow then we get here now. But none of that matters to you because truthfully you don’t care either way.

Old 08-04-2019, 01:52 PM

18,432 posts, read 8,266,769 times
....so global warming has made the winters a lot better

Old 08-04-2019, 02:00 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,208,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreggT View Post
We are having climate change, same as happened over the past millions of years. Humans are having minimal impact.
so, the climate change is real (and expected). and of course, human activity has some effect.

that's what was asked. Probably not as intended, but it's what was asked.

Old 08-04-2019, 02:04 PM

2,339 posts, read 2,070,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
I'm sorry but you worded your poll incorrectly and you didn't include enough options to allow for more accurate results, so I won't vote in your poll and add more skewing to already skewed results.

If you had included the option that humans have contributed, not caused, but contributed to and all share some responsibility for this climate change and the highly unusual speed in which it's happening this time, then I would have voted for that.

But saying that humans have directly caused climate change is just nonsense, it isn't even possible. And saying that humans have nothing to do with climate change at all and it's normal the way it is happening this time is just as much nonsense. I think everybody knows that, even the deniers who won't admit it publically know in their hearts that humans have something to do with it this time round but they don't want to accept any personal responsibility for their own contributions to it.
I think that we are the chief cause of present climate change, so I totally disagree. Scientists are telling us that it is changing at the most rapid rate in history. What other factor would be contributing more than us?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies