Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-07-2019, 05:45 AM

59,113 posts, read 27,340,319 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
No of course not. The NRA is not the second amendment. It's a feckless, perverted gun lobbyist bent on buying politicians for the sake of profit. It's full of corruption and way too powerful. Common sense reform will never be in the picture as long as big money is pulling the puppet strings.
"for the sake of profit." Unlike the THOUSANDS of others groups with lobbyists!

We can start with the AFL-CIO, and the NEA and the AARP.

Do you even KNOW why Congress is lobbied?

Old 08-07-2019, 05:52 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,119,303 times
So what do we as responsible alcohol consumers do about duis?

Old 08-07-2019, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Promote the licensing of weapons like we do cars/trucks with levels of licensing standards.

My family are gun owners. I support licenses for all gun owners similar to having to obtain education and a license to drive a vehicle.

There should be levels of licensing depending on the type of weapons one intends to purchase. Some weapons should definitely be more difficult to obtain than others, especially the types that are typically used in mass shooting events.
"Promote the licensing of weapons like we do cars/trucks with levels of licensing standards."

I'm sure you have proposed this before and been told the difference between a RIGHT and a privilege because you DON'T KNOW!

As also been said, apply EVERY law on the books that applies to the 2nd amendment the the !st amendment.

Think about THAT for a while and let it sink in.

"There should be levels of licensing depending on the type of weapons one intends to purchase"

Read this real s l o w, "The RIGHT of the PEOPLE to KEEP and BEAR arms, shall NOT be INFRINGED"

You might want to look up what "infringed" means, if you don't already know. Then again, the left has changed the meaning of MANY words.

Old 08-07-2019, 05:59 AM

6,829 posts, read 2,119,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
Promote the licensing of weapons like we do cars/trucks with levels of licensing standards.

My family are gun owners. I support licenses for all gun owners similar to having to obtain education and a license to drive a vehicle.

There should be levels of licensing depending on the type of weapons one intends to purchase. Some weapons should definitely be more difficult to obtain than others, especially the types that are typically used in mass shooting events.
You do not need a license to own a vehicle. You just need a license to drive a vehicle on public roads. You can own a vehicle without a license, drive it on your property or private property without any license - and driving a vehicle is not protected by any amendment.

Most gun owners keep their gun in their homes and vehicles and don't take them into public. For people who CCW, I believe just about every state requires a license similar to the licenses one gets for driving a vehicle.

None of these licenses will prevent mass shootings. They're just a form of empty resolution. The mass shooter will apply for a license, get one,. and then go on a mass shooting. Start proposing legislation that doesn't violate the 2nd amendment AND will work. Not legislation that is not constitutional (ban "assault" rifles) or legislation that will have no effect (federal license program, universal background checks).

Old 08-07-2019, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
It's time for all good patriots to tell the NRA to go straight to hell. I mean that seriously.

It's time to pass a universal background check requirement. No loopholes, no gun show exceptions.

It's time to pass an assault weapons ban. No semi-automatic weapons.

I also believe in mandatory gun registration. If you have to register your car, there's no reason people can't register their guns.
It's time for peopl like you be FORCED to take class on the CONSTITUTION emphasizing the 2nd amendment.

Looks like CA does NOT teach the Constitution in their schools!

Old 08-07-2019, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
Clever!

Wasn't it you who asked the other day for an example and I gave you one? If so, now you have tighten up the question.

HOWEVER, since you asked nicely......
https://www.conservapedia.com/Mass_s...armed_citizens
.........there you go.
No anti-gun nut will open it, si I thought I would provide some of what it says.

"According to an analysis of FBI data by Jacob Paulsen in 2018, 94% of all mass shootings were thwarted by law-abiding armed citizens."

".[2][3][4] Additionally, "[o]f the 97 countries where we identified mass public shootings, the U.S. ranks 64th per capita in its rate of attacks and 65th in fatalities. Major European countries, such as Norway, Finland, France, Switzerland and Russia, all have at least 25 percent higher per capita murder rates from mass public shootings."[5] Student deaths by active-shooters are nine times more likely in gun-free zones.[6]

Old 08-07-2019, 06:06 AM

28,679 posts, read 18,806,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
You do not need a license to own a vehicle. You just need a license to drive a vehicle on public roads. You can own a vehicle without a license, drive it on your property or private property without any license - and driving a vehicle is not protected by any amendment.

Most gun owners keep their gun in their homes and vehicles and don't take them into public. For people who CCW, I believe just about every state requires a license similar to the licenses one gets for driving a vehicle.
These stated do not require any licensing, called "constitutional carry:"

Alaska
Arizona
Arkansas
Idaho
Kansas
Maine
Mississippi
Missouri
New Hampshire
North Dakota
Vermont
West Virginia
Wyoming

Old 08-07-2019, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
No, it wasn't me who you responded to and unless you give me a more reliable, non partisan source besides Conservapedia, I'm dismissing your post as propaganda perpetrated by the right.

Did a CCW take out the El Paso shooter among 3000 people? No
Did a CCW take out or at least return fire in Dayton? No
Did a CCW take out the shooter or return fire On July 28th in Chippewa Falls Wisconsin? No
Did a CCW take out the shooter or return fire on July 28th in Gilroy California? No
Did a CCW take out or return fire on May 31, in Virginia Beach, Va.? No

I could take this list way far back and bury you with mass shootings in public places where nobody tried to take out the attacker or return fire.
How come nobody among 3000 people in a retail environment IN TEXAS had a gun to shoot back..
I'll bet you a dollar to a donut that there were lots of guns there but nobody used them.

CCW doesn't work very well unless it's a one on one confrontation. If you're stalking the shooter with your CCW, you're more likely to get shot by the first officer who's on the scene and sees you with your weapon drawn.
" unless you give me a more reliable, non partisan source"

"According to an analysis of FBI data by Jacob Paulsen in 2018"

IF you had opened it and READ it you WOULD have KNOWN.

Do you like your crow baked or fried?

Old 08-07-2019, 06:12 AM

23,652 posts, read 14,008,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
Yes, you nerd you.

Well, I did see the movie repeatedly, the theater release not the director's cut, when it came out. So I probably know my way around the flick.

Old 08-07-2019, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Oh really? The Mall was a designated Gun Free Zone?

Would you verify that with a link of some sort and I will publicly eat my hat.

Waiting with a fresh bottle of Catsup.
Why are you too lazy to look it up yourself? Or maybe you don't know how!

"According to ABC News, El Paso law enforcement officials advise that," "his recon was also calculated to make sure that he would be attacking in a low-security area. In that regard, the Walmart store had no armed security guard, no police presence, and was located in a shopping mall that was a self-proclaimed “gun-free zone.”

https://spectator.org/mass-shootings-in-gun-free-zones/

"and I will publicly eat my hat." What size hat do you wear? And we want videos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies