Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2019, 09:51 AM

Location: Close to Pittsburgh, but NOT Pittsburgh ('cause I don't pay CoP taxes)
252 posts, read 236,315 times

Advertisements

Stupid is as stupid does.

Old 08-07-2019, 09:51 AM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tipsyguam View Post
I'm not a liberal by any stretch, but I can not stand spelling and grammatical errors even though I'm sure I make plenty every day but I know the difference between their/there/they're and to/too/two as those are the ones that really make me cringe.

You have a comma, two buts and two ands in single sentence. Should I use apostrophe with my criticism? Do I care?

Old 08-07-2019, 09:52 AM

159 posts, read 61,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
A defining characteristic of most liberals is their obsession with spelling errors. It is quite amusing, yet a very consistent characteristic of liberals- they just cannot help themselves.

It is a symptom of intolerance, which appears to be pervasive among the left.

Witness on this site how many times liberals point out spelling errors. It is rather amusing, as it happens all the time and nearly 100% of the time the error is pointed out by a lib.

https://www.sciencealert.com/people-...cientists-find
Grammer-Nazis are on both sides of thr extreme political wings. Nothing we can do about them at the moment. Grammar-Nazis checking peoples grammar, syntax and prononciation are just another form of censorship.

Old 08-07-2019, 09:52 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Is OP going to go on about Dijon Mustard next?

Old 08-07-2019, 09:54 AM

18,739 posts, read 7,613,748 times
Quote:
A defining characteristic of most liberals is their obsession with spelling errors. It is quite amusing, yet a very consistent characteristic of liberals- they just cannot help themselves.
It enables them to avoid discussion of the actual subject of the post.

Old 08-07-2019, 10:00 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:

It is a symptom of intolerance, which appears to be pervasive among the left.

Witness on this site how many times liberals point out spelling errors. It is rather amusing, as it happens all the time and nearly 100% of the time the error is pointed out by a lib.

https://www.sciencealert.com/people-...cientists-find

Well, I guess you could call me liberal, but I could care less about how well people spell or punctuate. I am not that great at it myself, and always had assistants who corrected my correspondence before it went out, and thank God for autocorrect on my computer.

So, how did you determine that it was only liberals who take others to task. You do have proof to give us, don't you ?

Old 08-07-2019, 10:02 AM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
It's part of their madness. Being stuck in a perpetual state of adolescent hood, they continue to behave as children would, including point out tiny errors of others in order to make themselves feel better.

Wow, with those qualification, we could some day become President.......much like.................

Old 08-07-2019, 10:18 AM

15,844 posts, read 6,547,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
It's part of their madness. Being stuck in a perpetual state of adolescent hood, they continue to behave as children would, including point out tiny errors of others in order to make themselves feel better.

From my little knothole, this statement applies to both political extremes. The attacks on the other wing get downright silly at times. Most likely it's a product of confirmation bias.

Old 08-07-2019, 10:23 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,096,706 times
I rarely call out spelling and grammar errors. I just couldn't resist because it was in the title of your thread, which was created for one reason--to bash "Dems."

Your response is to create a new liberal-bashing thread, so you could complain about "grammar Nazis" and assert that ONLY THE LEFT cares about spelling and grammar?

This is sad/amusing.

Old 08-07-2019, 10:26 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Wow, with those qualification, we could some day become President.......much like.................
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
From my little knothole, this statement applies to both political extremes. The attacks on the other wing get downright silly at times. Most likely it's a product of confirmation bias.
It's quite clear that liberals are indeed perpetually stuck in their later childhoods, with their sniffling complaining, victimhood mentality. Most of them will never grow up and take responsibility for their own actions, or even come to understand that such a thing is possible. That is why, instead of debating policy points on their merits, they rely on calling their opponents names.

We, serious adults, have tuned them all out and are going to march on with our own agenda, as they clearly have no interest in seriously doing what is correct for this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies