Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2019, 01:22 PM

10,213 posts, read 15,914,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Exactly! If you're an American it's this country you should be loyal not to your own ethnic group or the country of your ancestors. Then the left wonders why Trump made the remark "go back to your countries" if you don't like it here. Then the left falls all over themselves to defend these anti-American traitors.

It irks me that so many Hispanic-Americans are more loyal to Mexico and Mexicans here illegally than their fellow Americans. It reeks of supremacy and racism.
Absolutely true! Many on the left of all colors think its weird that I am an assimilated Asian American who speaks English with a Southern accent, has an American first name, am a Christian and conservative and identify culturally as American. I've never been less than fully accepted by the Southern culture around me. Once I was traveling in the Northeast and someone actually asked me what it was like being originally from Louisiana and "being around those people". I just told him "I AM one of those people."

Nothing wrong with pride in your roots, but if being black or Mexican is more important to you than just being American then there's a problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2019, 01:23 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,093,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snebarekim View Post
I read through your ADL link, and it only confirms the ADL is a clueless mouthpiece for the western left.
You should educate yourself on the history of the Anti-Defamation League. This statement demonstrates your lack of knowledge about them.

Quote:
It severely glosses over many things (the per capita radicalization of muslims vice other religions, the treatment of women in Islam, etc.....)
It addressed both of these issues.

Old 08-09-2019, 01:34 PM

2,414 posts, read 2,986,472 times
[quote=Tom Lennox 70;55888605]And she is making exucses about being caught between two worlds???? Maybe that's because she herself has divided loyalties, with many loyalties to Islam and Somalia and isn't totally assimilated into American culture by the way and sympathizes heavily with radical Islam./QUOTE]
I don't know enough about the terrorist to comment on that part of this, but I often feel that there are some evangelical Christians who are caught between two worlds, have divided loyalties, and often have sympathies that go against our Constitution and yet they are not called out for being un-American. Why is this worse?

Old 08-09-2019, 01:47 PM

3,976 posts, read 1,989,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
You should educate yourself on the history of the Anti-Defamation League. This statement demonstrates your lack of knowledge about them.
I know who the ADL is, and why they exist. BTW, I also lived in Israel for 3 years, as the ADL is a Jewish started org (far left) and supports Israel (Israelis themselves often have different opinions on the ADL).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
It addressed both of these issues.
It does not address, but glosses over the realities. It is a biased, tilted piece of propoganda at best. This I know for a fact. Your link is crap.

Old 08-09-2019, 01:49 PM

7,078 posts, read 4,517,580 times
I think it’s a tough case because she was a teenager when she left and now has a baby and realized she made a huge mistake. I honestly don’t know the answer but it’s not a cut and dried case.

Old 08-09-2019, 02:10 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,093,031 times
Quote:
I read through your ADL link, and it only confirms the ADL is a clueless mouthpiece for the western left.

It severely glosses over many things (the per capita radicalization of muslims vice other religions, the treatment of women in Islam, etc.....)

The ADL can kiss my butt. You should have them kiss your butt also.
Quote:
I know who the ADL is, and why they exist. BTW, I also lived in Israel for 3 years, as the ADL is a Jewish started org (far left) and supports Israel (Israelis themselves often have different opinions on the ADL).

It does not address, but glosses over the realities. It is a biased, tilted piece of propoganda at best. This I know for a fact. Your link is crap.
When Omar was attacked in March for “invoking the anti-Semitic trope of ‘dual loyalty’” in her criticisms of AIPAC, The ADL was among the first to call on Congressional leaders to “take immediate action” against her.

Old 08-09-2019, 02:22 PM

4,336 posts, read 1,553,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
https://www.fox9.com/news/minnesota-...pMTjfCmp4uTlv4

Here we have Omar writing a letter to a judge pleading for leniency in the sentencing of a Somali Muslim terrorist from Minnesota who tried to join ISIS and fight against America in Syria!!!!

And she is making exucses about being caught between two worlds???? Maybe that's because she herself has divided loyalties, with many loyalties to Islam and Somalia and isn't totally assimilated into American culture by the way and sympathizes heavily with radical Islam. Same is true of Rashida Tlaib, and many of the Mexican Democrats making a scene in El Paso who maybe more loyal to the Mexican community than to the USA.
She is most welcome, dare I say, to go back to where she came from. Her anti-American attitudes have no place in this country.

Old 08-09-2019, 06:21 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,818,209 times
Hey, he just "did something."

Old 08-09-2019, 07:16 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,827,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
The whole squad is bringing too much negative attention to the Dem party. I can't believe the higher ups including Pelosi haven't got them under control. Pelosi sorta had AOC quieted down but just a day or two ago she started up with her everyone is racist rhetoric.

Jeez, what a way to win people over. Call them all racist or subliminal racists or potential racists or whatever she exactly said.

you have to remember that the "squad" is a group of entitled idiots, and they think that teh louder they screech, the more attention they get, even if it is bad.

Old 08-09-2019, 09:45 PM

10,213 posts, read 15,914,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
A lot of white people enjoy being sadistic is the only explanation. I thought at first her district was one of those majority-minority districts but it turns out it's 67% White -> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnes...ional_district

Only white people will vote against our own interests like this. Imagine black people voting for David Duke.

Minorities know at least to vote for their own interests. I bet all the Somalis in her district voted for her. But it's these goofy white progressives - usually students and highly educated ivory tower elitists that seem to love being slapped in the face.
A lot of the white liberal elites despise working class white people but they love poorly educated Muslim refugees like Omar and illegal immigrants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies