Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you know a white supremist
Yes i know a real white supremist 58 25.66%
No 153 67.70%
Every white male is a white supremist so yes for that reason. 15 6.64%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2019, 02:36 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,646,469 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ipaper View Post
One correction, White Supremacists is no new boogeyman. They are more than a century old, they been at this a long time and only the boogeyman to people of color. This is not new in the history of this country, a very ugly part of a great country. I'm sure I have talked on one in my life time and just didn't know it, they blend in with society you know, not all of them are out about what they do.
Agreed. White supremacists, they are nothing new. Ku Klux Klan was formed in 1867. The American Nazi Party was founded in 1959 by George Lincoln Rockwell. David Duke was part of it until he went on to the KKK.

Old 08-13-2019, 02:40 PM

8,505 posts, read 4,567,713 times
I don't know any personally. That however may just be due to the fact that I don't have a lot of family or friends that are Trump voters.

Old 08-13-2019, 02:42 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,098,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I thought about this. "White" never had a definition until it was used to differentiate Europeans from Native Americans and Africans.

I think about this. Italy wasn't a unified country until the 1870s. Northern Italians were known to look down on Southern Italians. Look up Lega Nord.

Middle Easterners didn't call themselves White. I also think about this. Dearborn,Michigan, suburb of Detroit, has one of the largest Middle Eastern populations in the USA. Officially, Dearborn in 89% White. However, 41.7% of Dearborn's population is of Arab ancestry. Blacks make up about 4% or 5% of Dearborn's population today. However, there was a time when Blacks were all but kept out of Dearborn, thanks to former Mayor Orville L. Hubbard. Arabs are not typically seen as White, but they were allowed to move to Dearborn during the mid 20th century at a time when Blacks couldn't. It was because they were counted as "White", in spite of the fact that Arabs didn't refer to themselves as such in the homeland.
Interesting.

Old 08-13-2019, 02:44 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I'm half jewish and half southern italian.

According to Klan types I am definitely not white.
I don't know you, but regardless, your heritage is one on the periphery of Europe with S. Italian alone and Jewish could mean very white to fairly middle eastern. I could see where even the average person could assume middle eastern, white but not necessarily of European origin. Even us ancestral to the British Isle can be pretty dark though especially tanned.

Old 08-13-2019, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshaBrady1968 View Post
Yes, my cousin is in federal prison for a knock out hate crime that nearly killed an elderly man.
As someone married to a black man and having mixed kids, I say buh-bye.
Oddly, my black husband is far more forgiving, and assumes he "just went crazy"
Well, it serves him right for committing a hate crime.

It doesn't surprise me that there are white supremacists in prison. Prison is basically like a warehouse of violence. I've never been to prison, and I never want to go there. I would have to adopt the tribalistic way of doing things. Alot of prisons tend to be segregated along racial lines, and if you cross those lines, you might get killed. I'll hang with anyone who is decent and honest. Black, White, Hispanic, Asian, Multiracial, Pacific Islander, Middle Eastern, etc, it doesn't matter to me. I don't have that tribalistic way of thinking. This is why I would never survive in prison. For the racial crap I dealt with in my teenage years, I was always someone who didn't care what race someone was. At lunch, I sat with whomever I could relate to. Black, white, didn't matter to me. I was that Black kid who didn't mind sitting with a bunch of White kids.

And I think about who you are married to. White supremacists hate people like you and me. You're married to a Black man. I'm the kind of Black man, if given the opportunity, would date and marry outside of my race. I actually would consider dating a White woman (I am picky, so I won't date just anyone, regardless of race), or women other other ethnicities. I'm not the "stick to your own kind" sort of person.

Old 08-13-2019, 02:51 PM

4,204 posts, read 2,343,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0618 View Post
I am curious if anyone actually knows a white supremist?
I hate Trump, but nobody on these boards knows a white supremacist. Come on, be real.

Old 08-13-2019, 02:52 PM

7,293 posts, read 4,098,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
I hate Trump, but nobody on these boards knows a white supremacist. Come on, be real.
Is this a joke?

We have been discussing the topic with admitted white supremacists.

Old 08-13-2019, 02:53 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Agreed. White supremacists, they are nothing new. Ku Klux Klan was formed in 1867. The American Nazi Party was founded in 1959 by George Lincoln Rockwell. David Duke was part of it until he went on to the KKK.
They are well depicted in the "Gangs of New York" set in about 1855.

The "Butcher" was a "Nationalist" and based on Poole:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/William_Poole

Poole was born 1821, so we can assume these White Nationalists started in the 1830 period.....which really means they likely have been a thing since the country was founded.

They were called "know nothings" at some point and the group today fit that to a T. That is why "non-college educated whites" are Trumps strongest base.

"a common thread was the belief that the country was pretty well full up up so that newcomers were not welcomed."

Hmmmmm...so the country was "full up" in 1830? That seems to be the same words that many righties are using in these threads even today. I guess it was full up at 5 million, at 10 million and at every point since....

These people are arguably responsible for untold horrors in this land....for a LONG time. They continue today with assault weapons....against Hispanics, Elders in a House of Worship and innocents.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLKbcrC0krQ

Old 08-13-2019, 03:03 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Is this a joke?

We have been discussing the topic with admitted white supremacists.
You mean accused white supremacists. You democrats accuse everyone.

I don't know if or how many whites are white supremacists. But I assume there are many supremacists who are not white. I see them on this forum. I see whites who argue for non-white supremacy too.

Old 08-13-2019, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
Interesting.
Interesting, and in some ways, this can bring in alot of confusion. In America, defining who was White was often about keeping Blacks away or keeping Blacks disenfranchised. In Mississippi, there were some Chinese immigrants who lived in the Delta region. They came as laborers, but many either became grocers, or left Mississippi for points west. Because Mississippi was basically Black and White, the racial line was "Blacks over here, Whites over there". The Chinese were neither Black or White. One had to figure out how to navigate that. At one time, Chinese in Mississippi were not allowed to attend schools reserved for Whites or buy homes. They could lease the store, but not own property. They had to go to the Chinese schools built for them in Greenville,MS and Cleveland,MS. After WWII, Chinese students were allowed to attend Mississippi's White schools and universities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies