Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you know a white supremist
Yes i know a real white supremist 58 25.66%
No 153 67.70%
Every white male is a white supremist so yes for that reason. 15 6.64%
Voters: 226. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2019, 04:23 PM

732 posts, read 391,295 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
I have not redefined the term.
So who here wants to 'dominate' other races or thinks that 'whites' are superior to all other races?

I expect your worst case scenario is that some people want to ignore other races and think of some races as having innate tendencies. It's not the same thing as 'supremacist'.

Old 08-13-2019, 04:25 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,242,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Just as when I tell you I'm a white American. I have a great deal of Irish ancestry btw.

But I'm not going to play your game that those of European descent don't really exist and don't have more similarities, commonalities and affinity for each other than they do with others.
What similarities, commonalities do those of European descent have with one another?

Language...No
Religion.....No
Geographic origin.....Not really
History.....No
Historical struggle.....No
Culture.......No

So what is it?

Old 08-13-2019, 04:26 PM

732 posts, read 391,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyafd View Post
I was at the rest stop on the New York State Thruway in their cafeteria area. I was with a church group with two kids at my table. I started talking about the Spanish Inquisition and used the term grand inquisitor. All of a sudden a skin head sitting with his family started staring at me and continued staring through his meal.

You know, if you want to hide something from a stupid person just put it under a stack of books.
Maybe the 'grand inquisitor' is an elected post in his local skin head lodge.

Old 08-13-2019, 04:26 PM

24,005 posts, read 15,096,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
And you don't have to White to have the white supremacist mindset. I remember being at a party a few years ago. I was introduced to a Black woman (I'm a Black man). We started talking. She bluntly told me that she wasn't into Black men and that she only dates White males. I was kind of shocked. I thought "I didn't need to know that". Looking back, I figure she has that kind of mindset.
You probably wouldn't have liked her anyway.

Bet she had other characteristics that would have been a giveaway if she hadn't told ya.

Old 08-13-2019, 04:31 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
There clearly should have been a 4th option-

(4) Yes. I am a white supremacist.
Or, a 5th one.....

I want to be one, but why are Asians and Jews so much smarter than I am?
:-)
(How can one be Supreme when the entire populations of certain countries are massively ahead of the "whitest"?).......

Japanese average IQ is 105
Hong Kong = 109
Russian = 97

German, Norwegian, etc = 100

Strangely enough, Israel and Greece....often considered advanced for various reasons (Greeks developed western civilization, etc) are closer to 95.

(Note- IMHO, this is all proof positive of the EDUCATION and nurture angle....In Japan they made an actual national effort to be smarter, which involved things "real American men" would reject such as the way mothers and children bond and no spanking, allowing children leeway, etc.).

Those are massive differences over a population....somewhat the difference between "average" or "bright"....and even more important at the top end and when a society actually values those who are more supreme at certain work (medicine, research, engineering, etc)....

I can see a person being proud of THEIR family smarts or survival tendencies...even of a extended family and tribe. But my guess is that the majority of Americans "white suprematists" (Klan, Charlottesville Types, etc.) are either low intelligence or mentally unbalanced.

That doesn't mean there are not a million of them...of course.

Old 08-13-2019, 04:32 PM

73,048 posts, read 62,646,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
You probably wouldn't have liked her anyway.

Bet she had other characteristics that would have been a giveaway if she hadn't told ya.
I wouldn't have liked her. However, the fact that she thinks in such a way is sad. Obviously, the KKK won't let her in, and would go after her as quickly as they would go after me. On the other hand, her thinking of "white people are better than Black people" was every bit as disturbing.

Old 08-13-2019, 04:32 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
This is hilarious...shared Christian values??? Oh like the Troubles in Ireland, or the Thirty Years War... Do you even know any European history?

What cultural similarities do Russians have with the Spanish? How about the the Greeks with the Finnish?

There are loads of non-Europeans who have a very fair complexion and plenty of Europeans who have a darker complexion. Its a meaningless to divide people as such.

Which further proves how idiotic the concept of being "white" actual is.
They're still Europeans and you're not. Is that the problem you have? I think so.

Old 08-13-2019, 04:35 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,452,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Just as when I tell you I'm a white American. I have a great deal of Irish ancestry btw.

But I'm not going to play your game that those of European descent don't really exist and don't have more similarities, commonalities and affinity for each other than they do with others.

American Black as a construct holds up because of slave heritage. I.E. most people from slave heritage can't identify which countries their family came from the way that I can and there is a distinct cultural identity around that. It's also a different identity than someone who is Haitian or Nigerian with more recent immigration history.

My ethnic background is white - Ashkenazi Jewish, Puritan English, and Scandinavian. What similarities, commonalities, and affinity for each other do we have other than the way I offer sunscreen to similarly hued strangers at baseball games?

Old 08-13-2019, 04:37 PM

2,594 posts, read 1,242,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
Being White (aka European) means your ancestors originated somewhere on the European continent within the last 5,000-10,000 years.
So you would consider Jews and Gypsies to be "white"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenPineTree View Post
There are cultural differences amongst Europeans, but also similarities we don't share with other people. It's an identity, meaningful in its own context. If I go to a European nation, saying I'm European has no meaning. There it will matter if I'm English or French or something like this. But if I'm in the USA, or Australia or Canada then being a European-descendent has meaning.
What similarities?

Old 08-13-2019, 04:39 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
What similarities, commonalities do those of European descent have with one another?

Language...No
Religion.....No
Geographic origin.....Not really
History.....No
Historical struggle.....No
Culture.......No

So what is it?
In every example you give they have more in common with each other than non-Europeans which they have less in common. But were not talking about Europe. We are talking about Americans of European descent. You are example of what I'm talking about. You are in America and are not of European descent and have a very obvious bias against those that are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies