Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2019, 08:22 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterful_Man View Post
And this comes just two years after they purchased an $8,100,000 mansion in a fancy Washington D.C. neighborhood:

LINK:
https://nypost.com/2019/08/22/barack...thas-vineyard/

I guess all those talks about reducing carbon footprints and rich people living too extravagantly was all just B.S.? They're definitely the most disingenuous liars to ever leech off our political system.

"Do as I say but not as I do" - This should be the motto for the modern day democrat party.
Yeah, they're a bunch of jerk-offs. He fooled a lot of people back in 2007 and 08, including me I am sorry to say. He gets more and more disgusting as time goes on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2019, 08:32 PM

7,934 posts, read 8,593,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by movedintime View Post
Wonder if it's possible for the mods to make a sticky where all who are still crying about Trump will be automatically rerouted.
To be fair, Trump was wealthy before going anywhere near the white house, and I am sure he is not above using his newfound clout to profit handsomely, but who he was wasn't any secret. A guy like Obama goes from practically being a nobody to a cushy $180k or so job as a US Senator...that's fine...upward mobility and all. Now he is ultra wealthy and buying $15M estates in Massachusetts and it is one more great example of what a corrupt place the United States is.

Old 08-23-2019, 08:37 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,496,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
To be fair, Trump was wealthy before going anywhere near the white house, and I am sure he is not above using his newfound clout to profit handsomely, but who he was wasn't any secret. A guy like Obama goes from practically being a nobody to a cushy $180k or so job as a US Senator...that's fine...upward mobility and all. Now he is ultra wealthy and buying $15M estates in Massachusetts and it is one more great example of what a corrupt place the United States is.
What corruption? That he gets paid for speeches or memoirs? All POTUS get that treatment, To be fair their was a lot of corruption regarding Trump before Donnie. And it had to do with Fred.

Old 08-23-2019, 09:13 PM

8,558 posts, read 10,981,308 times
Quote:
The security of a beautiful and highly exclusive 20+ acre estate by the seashore in Martha's Vineyard!
Maybe he'll be protected by all the pleasant beach sand, the nice ocean breeze, and the flocks of seagulls gently flapping their wings?
In unison with Obama flapping his gums.
Bob.

Old 08-23-2019, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
In unison with Obama flapping his gums.
Bob.
Obamas gum flapping beats any GOP POTUS I can think of.

Old 08-23-2019, 09:40 PM

52,693 posts, read 47,963,336 times
Quote:
And this comes just two years after they purchased an $8,100,000 mansion in a fancy Washington D.C. neighborhood:

LINK:
https://nypost.com/2019/08/22/barack...thas-vineyard/

I guess all those talks about reducing carbon footprints and rich people living too extravagantly was all just B.S.? They're definitely the most disingenuous liars to ever leech off our political system.

"Do as I say but not as I do" - This should be the motto for the modern day democrat party.

Well, so much for the left's nutty prediction that the world will end in 12 years because of "climate change". I guess Darth Barry has decided that the oceans aren't really going to rise, so he has put faith into some beachfront property. Remember this at the next "climate change" debate....

Old 08-23-2019, 10:04 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Well, so much for the left's nutty prediction that the world will end in 12 years because of "climate change". I guess Darth Barry has decided that the oceans aren't really going to rise, so he has put faith into some beachfront property. Remember this at the next "climate change" debate....
I'm sure that debate will be somewhere with an airport that can handle quite a few private jets.

Old 08-23-2019, 10:14 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,596,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
How is signing a $65 million book deal corrupt?

Old 08-23-2019, 10:20 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,621,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
How is signing a $65 million book deal corrupt?
Because the books aren't actually making that money.

If you, as an elected official, do me political favors, it can be a big issue if I write you a check.

However, if you write a book, and I spend millions of dollars ordering them, it's just a book deal.

Old 08-23-2019, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Because the books aren't actually making that money.

If you, as an elected official, do me political favors, it can be a big issue if I write you a check.

However, if you write a book, and I spend millions of dollars ordering them, it's just a book deal.
And we know Trump will take full advantage of this. So what is the answer?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies