Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-25-2019, 08:06 PM

30,651 posts, read 18,255,332 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
It's right there on the video when he's dragging her, unwillingly, back to the room.
How does that address/change anything that I wrote? I acknowledge what the video shows. On the other hand, I also have challenged others who claim the video shows something it clearly does not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2019, 08:08 PM

3,255 posts, read 1,722,670 times
This is why I always keep saying hypergamy has been weaponized for the worse by not feminists, but celebreties and corporations.

Old 08-25-2019, 08:28 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 11 days ago)

35,637 posts, read 17,994,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciano700 View Post
This is why I always keep saying hypergamy has been weaponized for the worse by not feminists, but celebreties and corporations.
Did you post this in the wrong thread?

Old 08-25-2019, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Did you post this in the wrong thread?
Nope, it literally goes with the point people are prefacing about being a person of importance

Old 08-25-2019, 09:51 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonaos View Post
I am interested in the makeup of the jury more than anything since that video is an open and shut case. He literally chased her down and then dragged her to his motel room to rape her; witnesses backed her story up because they saw this happening and she was screaming for help. I know that the jury was selected from the local population and Flint Michigan is majority black, only 2% or so of the population is non-Hispanic white. I would like to assume that a all-black or all-white jury can be fair but in situations like this, if a all-white jury was selected in a case between a black person and a white person then there would be riots over it if the verdict found the black person guilty. I see no reason why an all-black jury in a case between a white person and a black shouldn’t be equally scrutinized if that happened.

I am just pondering here as I don’t know the make up of the jury, I just know that the video is clear as day and something was going on for him to be acquitted. Perhaps the jury was diverse and his money / fame did it? Something smells worse than the lead polluted water in Flint i know that...
Why did the original old white woman judge dismiss the case?

So we’ve had an old white woman judge dismiss the case and a jury of twelve come to a quick acquittal. That’s enough for me to figure there is at least reasonable doubt here.

Old 08-25-2019, 10:07 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,883,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Why did the original old white woman judge dismiss the case?

So we’ve had an old white woman judge dismiss the case and a jury of twelve come to a quick acquittal. That’s enough for me to figure there is at least reasonable doubt here.
She may have had a pro-celebrity athlete bias. Who knows what her motivation could've been, but being old an old white woman doesn't mean you're not a liberal with a bias in favor of a black defendant.

Quote:
"You put them in jail and all you're going to do is hibernate the problem, so my goal to seek treatment and not jail time," Dowd said.
http://www.deadlinedetroit.com/artic...n_cleaves_case
Quote:
She issued a protective order May 20 to block MLive and The Flint Journal from publishing details from the search warrant affidavit involving rape charges against former Michigan State University basketball star Mateen Cleaves.
Sounds like she might've been a soft on crime liberal judge.

Old 08-25-2019, 10:16 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,902,520 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
She may have had a pro-celebrity athlete bias. Who knows what her motivation could've been, but being old an old white woman doesn't mean you're not a liberal with a bias in favor of a black defendant.

Deadline Detroit - Lengel: Judge's Ridiculous Order to Block MLive from Publishing Cleaves Case Info

Sounds like she might've been a soft on crime liberal judge.
Sounds like she has a problem with drug penalties not rape penalties.

She turned out to be right. A waste of taxpayers money trying Cleaves.

But, hey,we can’t have black men with good looking white women.

The score is 13-0. I know some of them jurors might have been black.

Old 08-25-2019, 10:21 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,883,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Sounds like she has a problem with drug penalties not rape penalties.

She turned out to be right. A waste of taxpayers money trying Cleaves.

But, hey,we can’t have black men with good looking white women.
More like we can't have a black sports celebrity man going to jail for raping a white woman.

Old 08-25-2019, 11:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
More like we can't have a black sports celebrity man going to jail for raping a white woman.
Cough cough Mike Tyson and Kobe Bryant???

Old 08-26-2019, 04:59 AM

4,062 posts, read 2,141,661 times
At first glance the video looks terrible---naked woman escapes from the motel room and is pulled back forcefully so she could be sexually assaulted. But....if she didn't want sex, why were her clothes removed? I actually didn't read anywhere she said he removed her clothes/underwear---just that he began to touch her over her underwear and then pushed it to the side to assault her. Of course she has the right to take her clothes off and kiss him and then want to stop. But who knows? She reportedly was drunk and on pain pills.

Don't understand why she waited the next day to go to the hospital. They did find bruises and scratches and I think DNA evidence. So it does seem that there was sex and most likely rough sex---but the judge wasn't sure it was an assault:

Citing that the woman invited Cleaves to the bar, and that she "was not concerned enough to let her boyfriend answer the phone when it was ringing" in the gas station, Dowd said she didn't have enough probable cause to bind over the unlawful imprisonment charge.

In the case of criminal sexual conduct, Dowd said she "hadn't heard enough," based on the woman's "dancing all around the questions" and the two male sperm donors found on the woman despite her statement she hadn't had consensual sex in the past 96 hours.

https://www.mlive.com/news/flint/201...ult_cas_1.html

The cop says she denied that she was assaulted when he got to the motel---but of course there are crooked cops---and this one didn't file the report right away and gave the defendant special treatment, even driving him home that night and after he refused a breathlyzer test didn't charge him even though he was driving while smelling of alcohol...while the victim had to find her own way home. He stated:

She then said that she and the former basketball star began to "mess around," Johnson testified.
He said the woman told him that she took her own clothes off and had sexual relations with Cleaves. At one point in time, she told the officer that she "stepped out for air."
"In fact, you asked her specifically, 'were you assaulted?'" said Cleaves' defense lawyer, Frank J. Manley.
"That is correct. She said no," Johnson testified.

So---it is possible that she did step outside, even half/naked since she was so drunk and stoned. But according to the nurse who treated the alleged victim the next day, the victim said:

"He tried to kiss me. I just gave up. He gives our organization a lot of money," Most claimed the alleged victim told her. "I remember my clothes off, him on top of me, and he started to have sex. I think he had a condom on.
"I pushed him off, rolled off the bed and ran outside in my panties and bra. I fell trying to run, he tried to grab me."

This is the saddest part to me---if she honestly felt she had to submit to kissing because the defendant was a big donor to her employer. She has a mother. She has a boyfriend. It's not like she would be homeless if she got fired from her job.

I admit I'm kind of clueless as to casual hookups---but why do you take off your clothing if all you are willing to do is kiss?

Last edited by jazzcat22; 08-26-2019 at 05:35 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies