Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2019, 06:15 PM

62,975 posts, read 29,170,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ContraPagan View Post
No, but he's the one who is going to be on the hook for child support whether or not he went into the sexual encounter looking to come out it as a father.

I was on the phone today discussing health insurance with a guy who was whining about how he qualified for a health insurance plan where *gasp* he has to pay out a premium, a deductible, and copays/co-insurance. The guy makes $70,000 yet pays out child support to his girlfriend for their 2-year-old (he also claims them both on his income taxes). He was whining because the Marketplace considers gross income, not net pay, so "oh, the bills I pay, the child support..."

If I wanted to chance getting fired I could have told him not to make kids that he can't afford to pay for, and be more prudent about his overall expenses. Women aren't the only ones who need to learn how to keep their pants zipped up.
Not necessarily if he takes off or the woman has had multiple sex partners. At any rate, he isn't the one that will have to carry the unwanted child for 9 months and raise it (and no, I'm not for abortion) so there should still be more responsibility on the part of the female, IMO. Birth control pills are more reliable than condoms also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2019, 09:05 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
You're working in an office with 5 other people. 4 of those people quit and you get to do those 4 people's work load along with yours because the CEO announced they are not hiring 4 more people, as you are doing just find incorporating their workload into yours.

What does America's falling birth rate mean to the economy? Just look at Arizona

"According to Jim Chang, Arizona's state demographer, public school grade sizes are starting to shrink, which could mean that the education system will need to contract in coming years. The state will also have to pay less for Medicaid for poor children.

"Clearly, it will take pressure off the welfare system if women have delayed childbirth and they're in the labor force," says Elliott Pollack, a Scottsdale-based economics consultant.

Since most of the decline in Arizona's births were likely unintended pregnancies, the state's children may be better prepared for success in the future, says Elizabeth Wildsmith, a family demographer at Child Trends, a non-profit research group that studies youth well-being."
-------------
Again at least some one is having babies ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Who exactly do you think funds the 50% of births paid for by Medicaid and the 70% of such offspring who never rise above the poverty level and are life-long public assistance dependents? All adding more poor to the mix in highly disproportionate amounts results in is MUCH higher taxpayer funding needed to provide their public assistance benefits. That's a BIG problem when only 55% of US 1040 filers pay any federal income tax at all.
You left this out, 'The state will also have to pay less for Medicaid for poor children. ' That's okay, I put it back, you know the economics of it all.
Quote:
That's a BIG problem when only 55% of US 1040 filers pay any federal income tax at all.
So you're saying you are use to doing the work of 5 people in your office anyway so the CEO's decision, not to hire to replace the other 4 workers, is okay with you, because if he hired 4 other people chances are they couldn't do the work anyway.

What happens when you can not keep up the pace and production begins to fail ... the company closes and you are out of a job? Maybe then you might reconsider and give 4 other people a shot in order to help keep up the production, keep the business going and keep your job. It's a risk, I know.

You know through out all of this, I'm not sure who has less faith in people, you or I.

Old 09-03-2019, 09:43 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,600,694 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
Not at all. Those who use medicaid to pay for their voluntary pregnancies and birth did come to me (me being government "we the people") asking for help because they did something they were not prepared for. So yes it is the business of "we the people" how tax dollars are spent.
Just like when one takes out a loan or applies for a government grant, your business becomes the lenders/givers business. Just like how a corporation conducts business is the business of its shareholder via the board of directors.
Quote:
You know I said it is the citizens business what taxes are being used for. I did not say I want to tell the government what I want my tax money to go for, right. Do you see the difference.
Quote:
^^ you just did. The tax system in your opinion, gives you the right to tell other people when they can and can not procreate ... They have to ask your permission.
Quote:
Thats rich. You point your finger at me because I said citizens should have the right to an opinion and influence on how the government spends tax revenue. And you are telling me what my opinion is? Seems to me you are the one who feels they have a right to others autonomy.

I'll say again, although you are not listening, I did not say nor is it my opinion that myself, you or the government has the right to tell other people when they can and can not procreate. My opinion is that we the people should have the right to have our voices heard by our representatives when it comes to how they vote to spend our tax dollars. If we the people disagree or feel there needs to be an amendment we should be heard. Its called lobbying.
Lobby for increase funding for education in impoverished areas then ... or would you rather assume people are having voluntary pregnancies, because you believe they think they can, using your (slave) dollars. By voicing your opinion, you believe you can put a stop to this, if you didn't, it would never come up.
Quote:
Seems to me you are the one who feels they have a right to others autonomy.
When I first came of age to look at things such as this, it dawned on me that people will say they gave at the office, when in reality not a penny left their pocket. The government tried to fix that, but in so doing opened up a whole other can of worms. People with big opinions showed up.

Old 09-03-2019, 10:20 PM

412 posts, read 145,707 times
Wrap your penis up with more than one condom.

Old 09-04-2019, 06:43 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
And if women weren't deciding when and with who sex happens, there really wouldn't be a concept of rape to begin with.
Your a perfect example of why there are so many single mothers and strict child support enforcement.

Old 09-04-2019, 06:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
That's all well and good but he's still not the one that will get pregnant so there's less risk for him. It is the woman that is at risk and has a lot more to lose therefore she more so than her male partner should take the most precautions to see that it doesn't happen. What part of that aren't you getting?
Well of course a woman should worry about her own reproduction and take every precaution not to become pregnant if she is not ready. But I don't think more so than her male partner. Men often have a of risk as well.

Men are constantly complaining about paying child support, being incarcerated and/or losing license if they fail to do so, not getting custody or visitation, while the mother of their child gets child support, food stamps, section 8 housing, etc. and how the courts are biased towards women.

If both men and women would step up their game the number of single mothers dependent on welfare would decrease. It doesn't help to send men the message that the responsibility falls on women and they dont need to be equally responsible for BC whether that be personal BC or abstaining from intercourse if and when his partner is not protected.

Old 09-04-2019, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Lobby for increase funding for education in impoverished areas then ... or would you rather assume people are having voluntary pregnancies, because you believe they think they can, using your (slave) dollars. By voicing your opinion, you believe you can put a stop to this, if you didn't, it would never come up.
When I first came of age to look at things such as this, it dawned on me that people will say they gave at the office, when in reality not a penny left their pocket. The government tried to fix that, but in so doing opened up a whole other can of worms. People with big opinions showed up.
Again, I believe citizens should have a voice in how tax dollars are spent. Its that simple.

I believe most people can pay for their pregnancies. I believe for most they should be required to pay at least some of that expense. I realize in some cases a single women may just not be able to but medicaid was expanded to cover more pregnancies under ACA. What were people doing before medicaid started paying 100% of prenatal care, including ultrasounds and hospital expenses?

In 30 states a family of 3 can make 40,840 to 62,340/year and have an additional pregnancy/birth paid for 100% by medicaid, in 19 states a family of three can make 62,340 or more and have an additional pregnancy paid for 100% by medicaid, in only 2 states a family of 3 can make 29,000 to 40,840/year and have an additional pregnancy paid 100% for by medicaid. A woman who has access to employer sponsored insurance but chooses not to take that insurance is eligible for comprehensive pregnancy related medicaid.
Do you still believe that 50% of all pregnancies and births are to single, unattached impoverished women who were sleeping around and accidentally got pregnant by some guy who ghosted?

Old 09-04-2019, 08:17 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RememberMee View Post
You just cannot entice your typical low income woman into birthing with modest welfare support. Conservatives should relax. Sure, she'll take the money but she'll not make any more babies with welfare or without. It is hard work and they have better things to do. Besides even low income people do not want give birth to the future janitors and such. This massive society wide shaming of work that does not pay got under their skulls, they do not want to make slaves for more opulent crowd, but luckily their latina sisters down South fill the void.
That's total BS. Women on public assistance have a 3 times higher birth rate than women who receive no public assistance. Documented by the US Census Bureau.

Old 09-04-2019, 08:20 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
You left this out, 'The state will also have to pay less for Medicaid for poor children. ' That's okay, I put it back, you know the economics of it all.
Nope. Here's why... Women who receive public assistance benefits have a 3 times higher birth rate than women who don't receive public assistance. Documented by the US Census Bureau.

Old 09-04-2019, 09:35 AM

62,975 posts, read 29,170,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
That's total BS. Women on public assistance have a 3 times higher birth rate than women who receive no public assistance. Documented by the US Census Bureau.

What void is that poster talking about? We don't need Latinas here illegally making babies at our expense. We should be stabilizing our population growth not increasing it and especially not from those in poverty breeding more poverty welfare users and that have no right to even been in this country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies