Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2019, 06:36 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,223,112 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
I have the same opinion Seacove does about access to abortion, but my reaction to her post was still the same as your response above.
here's another angle (possibly, I've been on vacation. perhaps it's been said already) ....

the proponents of Planned Parenthood are welcome to expend their funds to ensure that any woman doesn't need a dime to obtain an abortion within the legal parameters they face.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2019, 07:21 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,223,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
When women have education, options, and opportunities, the birth rate goes down. Happens around the world. Welfare or no welfare.

Republicans are hell bent on making it difficult if not impossible for poor American women to get abortions or birth control, then despises them for having babies.

If you limit options for women -- education, opportunities, birth control, abortions, -- you end up with a bunch of babies.

Hard to figure out what the Republican end game is here.
nope, not even close.

Old 09-02-2019, 09:38 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,598,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
Because the article included that the decrease in migrants also impact the population to reproduce itself, you want to just talk about migrants? Did you know they too are having fewer babies? So there you go ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
The "logic" exhibited by liberals is just mind-blowing.

Let's break it down into an analogy that even you might understand: Let's say that 100 people are staying at a hotel, and the cost per person is $150 a night - or a total of $15,000. Of those people, only half are paying, so the paying half has to pay $300 each to cover themselves as well as the non-payers.

OK....you with me so far? How would it help the paying half to import another 20 people who can't pay for their hotel room? NOw you have 50 people supporting 70, rather than 50. So now instead of paying $300 a night, the paying half (now it's less than half) have to pay $360 a night.

When you open the hotel doors to people who cannot afford to pay, the cost will go upon those that can.

I can't simplify it anymore than that. It's equivalent to the 3rd grade "word problems" I did as an 8-year-old.
The math is actually easier than you think ...
Quote:
How would it help the paying half to import another 20 people who can't pay for their hotel room?
And how would it help to not? 0 births and no migrants, how does that bill look now?
Quote:
exhibited by liberals
Humanitarian ... No, l, no c, no r, no d ... just human.

Old 09-02-2019, 09:40 PM

Quote:
And I am the sadistic person who is hoping that the citizens of the u.s. get that which they so richly deserve ... poetic justice, is sweet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
They rather than we.

Are you someone who isn't a U.S. citizen ?
I'm someone watching people cut their noses off to spite their face.

Old 09-02-2019, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Reading this post made me think about something. Of the top 10 states with the highest out of wedlock births, 6 are in what we would call "conservative" states (the states with an *asterick next to it). This is data as of 2017.

Mississippi*
Louisiana*
New Mexico
Nevada
Delaware
Alabama*
Florida
South Carolina*
West Virginia*
Arkansas*

Source: Center of Disease Control, headquarted near Atlanta,GA. By the way, Georgia ranks #11 in the USA for out of wedlock births.
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/pressroom/s.../unmarried.htm

States with the highest out of wedlock birth rates in 2005.
New Mexico
Mississippi*
Louisiana*
Delaware
South Carolina*
Arizona*
Florida
Nevada
Georgia*
Tennessee*

Alabama, West Virginia, Arkansas, those states have seen spikes in their out of wedlock birth rates.
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Now, refine that by race/ethnicity. Produces a clearer picture of what's going on.
Yes, looked at it the other night:
Total fertility rate in the United States in 2017, by ethnicity of mother (births per 1,000 women)

"Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander women had the highest fertility rate of any ethnicity in the United States in 2017, with about 2,085.5 births per 1,000 women. The fertility rate for all ethnicities in the U.S. was 1,765.5 births per 1,000 women."

Old 09-02-2019, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Neither is 0 births, so now what?
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Exponentially adding to the population that is a net drain on society (take more than they contribute) is not sustainable. It will implode.
Slaves have more slaves to pay into the tax system ... or not, as this seems to imply is the preference. So ... ask me if I really care, that you all are left working the fields, alone.

Last edited by Ellis Bell; 09-02-2019 at 10:45 PM..

Old 09-03-2019, 12:19 AM

6,115 posts, read 3,090,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
I don't get the mindset of having children when you can't afford them, I can't relate at all.
That’s the whole idea.
You don’t “afford” them. The government and tax payer does.

The babies, till they turn 18, are trophies for these women to get a healthy welfare check every moth and free living in section 8 buildings.

These particular women don’t give a flying flock as to how their children are raised, and whether schooling, good morals, good upbringing even exist? As long as the monthly welfare check is received and housing expense is paid by the tax payer, it’s all good.

Reward the lazy n crook, and punish the hard working tax payer. That’s the name of the game.

And this game has resulted and will continue to result in millions of kids who are brought up in crime ridden environments. This is the only way of life they know. Crime and drugs.

Old 09-03-2019, 12:38 AM

6,326 posts, read 6,593,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoCardinals View Post
That’s the whole idea.
You don’t “afford” them. The government and tax payer does.

The babies, till they turn 18, are trophies for these women to get a healthy welfare check every moth and free living in section 8 buildings.

These particular women don’t give a flying flock as to how their children are raised, and whether schooling, good morals, good upbringing even exist? As long as the monthly welfare check is received and housing expense is paid by the tax payer, it’s all good.

Reward the lazy n crook, and punish the hard working tax payer. That’s the name of the game.

And this game has resulted and will continue to result in millions of kids who are brought up in crime ridden environments. This is the only way of life they know. Crime and drugs.
Nice theory from the Reagan days gone by but welfare payments per kid are rather laughable or extremely insanely laughable, depending on state. Medicaid and maybe Chapter 8, subsidized childcare, food, etc. those items provide the bulk of welfare "value". It is not straight profit for a mother. There is no evidence low income mothers are in rush to capitalize on welfare generosity, fertility rates are fairly similar across all incomes. Reading this thread one could expect some major fertility rate spike for low income brackets and there is none.

Old 09-03-2019, 06:05 AM

9,375 posts, read 6,982,208 times
the whole thing is a system of bad incentives.

NSFW but an appropriate commentary:

https://twitter.com/JerryDunleavy/st...19943981547520

Last edited by SWFL_Native; 09-03-2019 at 06:14 AM..

Old 09-03-2019, 06:57 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,879,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I don't think any right leaning people want to 'do away with all government assistance' and it's disingenuous for you to say that. They just want personal accountability.

I have been broker than broke in my life but alway figured out a way to not get pregnant.
I did not say right leaning people want to do away with all government assistance. I actually was talking about personal accountability, but I realize we will never have 100% personal accountability and there will always be people who need assistance. I believe we have gone overboard on assistance for pregnancy and birth. It should not be 100% free, there should be some accountability for the mother and father.

I have been poor as well and I did have a child. Back in those days there was a thing called work and pay your bills by setting up monthly payments.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies