Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2019, 05:05 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,643,046 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
There are very young children with life-threatening illnesses, and only certain hospitals here have the equipment to keep them alive. This isn’t the same as people coming over the southern border. These families came here legally to save their child’s life, but apparently their time is up. How cruel can a president be to send letters informing them that they have 33 days to get out of the US?
Besides personal greed, what is stopping you and all the others like you from sending money to their countries to buy equipment and train doctors?

Do you want to fly all the sick children from Africa here for treatment or would their skin color be too dark to justify that?

Old 08-29-2019, 05:07 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,643,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Um, because some humans have lost their sense of compassion for other less fortunate people ?

Compassion is what separates us from barbarians, when we lose that, we become one of them.
Should we be flying alll sick third world children here for treatment or do you not have compassion for them?

It's a very simple question.

Old 08-29-2019, 05:09 AM

30,463 posts, read 21,316,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
Um because it's not our problem and I don't want to pay for it.
I agree, send them packing. All of them. I can't get anything for free so why should they?

Old 08-29-2019, 05:16 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,387,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKJ1988 View Post
I agree, send them packing. All of them. I can't get anything for free so why should they?
Unfortunately, the word is out that they can come here and get a lot of free services. It's human nature to be self-interested, so one can't really blame them - the Democrats are the ones to blame for not understanding human nature and perpetuating such a system.

Old 08-29-2019, 05:42 AM

59,170 posts, read 27,371,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hapa1 View Post
There are very young children with life-threatening illnesses, and only certain hospitals here have the equipment to keep them alive. This isn’t the same as people coming over the southern border. These families came here legally to save their child’s life, but apparently their time is up. How cruel can a president be to send letters informing them that they have 33 days to get out of the US?
And how many checks and how much have YOU sent for their care? Or are you just another "all mouth and no action"

Old 08-29-2019, 05:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spottednikes View Post
There are American citizens needing expensive health care that can't get it...lets take care of our own first. Didn't we have a couple of threads on people dying because they couldn't afford ibsulin? And people dying because they can't afford cancer treatment?
" needing expensive health care" What happened to the AFFORDIBLE Care Act obama and the dems passed?

Old 08-29-2019, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Or you could say i realize staying in your own country is a death sentence, glad we could help your family to survive in our country, welcome.
How many have YOU taken into YOUR house?

Old 08-29-2019, 05:56 AM

78,481 posts, read 60,679,264 times
Hapa1 has definitely raised the bar on Universal healthcare to truly mean "universal".

Apparently it is a US obligation to provide top level healthcare to everyone on the planet.

Old 08-29-2019, 06:01 AM

19,829 posts, read 9,392,703 times
I am reminded of a story that hardened my heart against these cases. This was MANY years ago -- at least 20 and probably more than 30, I think -- and there was a case of people here illegally from Mexico and their daughter was born with most of his or her brain missing, and the doctors said there was NO chance she would survive for more than a few days, as most. Well, the parents were very religious and insisted that s/he be kept on life support that cost thousands of dollars a day because they were praying for a "miracle". Well, the child did live - for about a month -- and ended up costing the taxpayers I don't know how much because the parents were poor and so, of course, they had no medical insurance and no way they could pay for their daughter's care.

I do feel sorry for those children and their parents, but life is not fair and, unfortunately, infants die every day.

Now, if we are talking about emergency care (like broken limbs) due to a serious car crash or vaccinations, that is entirely different. But spending millions of tax dollars to care for children who are here -- or would be here --illegally? I don't think so.

Old 08-29-2019, 06:01 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,679,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Thats the measure of trumps character an evil vindictive little coward who takes delight in people suffering.
He feels no empathy. He is an abomination.

I will say, this is a difficult situation. Much needs to be done to alter what has gone on for too long, but what has been created and occurred in recent months is NOT the answer and is unimaginable what others have had to endure and is not how our country would normally operate. Though I feel that change still needs to occur and believe that there are those competing for the next election to create positive change, hoping to do something about this system, that would not allow these current conditions to exist.

It would be good if something could be altered for those from elsewhere to have incentives to remain in their country...though is not happening, but cannot continue for this to fall upon others, endlessly. One thing that is bothersome about it, I hate to say, is how some continue to overpopulate, yet already struggling, making it more difficult on everyone (not being the only ones contributing to this). I would like to see this aspect be able to change. Though compassionate about others and what they experience, I do feel that something needs to be done to not continue endlessly overflooding the country, contributing to issues.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.