Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2019, 07:11 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,597,574 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post

So, why aren't you snowbirding in Mexico or one of the banana republics? You seem to be very concerned with illegals who come from those places. Don't you think that you would enjoying living among them instead of Americans who are sick of illegal immigration? After all, it's very clear that you hate the US. How do you live with the shame of being a snowbird in this country?

How is it "bigoted" to expect those who want to immigrate here to do so in accordance with our laws and not file fake asylum claims? Besides, I'm surprised that you don't know that there is no such race as "illegal alien".
What is bigoted is to presuppose that their asylum claims are fake. There is a process in law; follow it.

What is bigoted is the heartless number of people who have no concern that children are torn from their families and put in concentration camps, even though the asylum claims have not been processed.

What is bigoted is to cancel visas issued to children and their parents for medical reasons, before the treatment regime is finished.

The USA used to be an example of humanitarianism. It is no longer. Are you proud?

Old 09-04-2019, 07:30 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,672,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
You don't know much about tax law, that is clear. Stick with something you know, rather than proving your ignorance of that you know little.
Ignorant? You're ignorant at just about anything USA related. You're not even a citizen.

And fine, explain to us all in detail how much tax you pay here in the USA and exactly what it's for.

You've skirted away from that repeatedly. No, I'm not a tax attorney but if you own property you pay taxes on it. You also pay sales tax. If you are half intelligent, you would avoid paying income taxes here by not staying a certain amount of time. You're not a dual citizen so I'm not seeing just how you're paying so much tax. I never claimed to be a tax professional but you keep harping on about how you have a "right" to say whatever just because you pay taxes. Sure, you can say whatever but I just hope you realize that complaining about the country you use and enjoy half of the year looks pretty freakin stupid. Don't come here if it's so bad.

What am I missing? Explain to us these taxes that give you a right to complain about America (while living half of your life here as a guest).

Why do you even come here if you hate it so much?

Quote:
What is bigoted is to presuppose that their asylum claims are fake. There is a process in law; follow it.

What is bigoted is the heartless number of people who have no concern that children are torn from their families and put in concentration camps,
You've got to be kidding me. I guess you watch all of AOC's video podcasts. You claim to know about history; CLEARLY you don't know a thing about WW2 or history or what an actual concentration camp was.

Old 09-04-2019, 07:36 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,188,782 times
I wonder how Canada and the Canadian people would respond if they were in American shoes. if hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens from South and Central America we're trying to get through their borders. How would Canada respond? Wouldn't be pretty I bet.

Old 09-04-2019, 07:37 PM

Quote:

Your current administration acts in a racist and bigoted manner. It's not what the world expects of the USA. .
So, enforcing the law is racist and bigoted? Finally having a President who takes no mess and will not stand for America being walked all over and a pushover like it has been for decades is racist, too?

Really couldn't care less what the world thinks of us, we protect all of our allies, waste tons of money on foreign aid, and everyone needs the USA for something.

Old 09-04-2019, 07:43 PM

1,016 posts, read 787,543 times
I work in the ER and deal with health insurance inputting them into the Computer system. You be amazed how many Americans don't have any health insurance. My heart hurts when an American child doesn't have any health insurance nobody cares or bats an eye but when it's Illegal immigrants people act like we should sell our homes and cars to pay for them. Try telling a parent that their kid's health insurance came back ineligible.

I said it thousand times we need to focus on AMERICAN CITIZENS before anybody else we are not the world's homeless shelter we can not take in everyone in and their problems.

Old 09-04-2019, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banksock View Post

I said it thousand times we need to focus on AMERICAN CITIZENS before anybody else we are not the world's homeless shelter we can not take in everyone in and their problems.
According to Joe Canada, having a President who also feels this way makes him and our whole government "racist and bigoted."

Old 09-04-2019, 08:12 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
I wonder how Canada and the Canadian people would respond if they were in American shoes. if hundreds of thousands of illegal aliens from South and Central America we're trying to get through their borders. How would Canada respond? Wouldn't be pretty I bet.
That is an excellent question. Now I happen to know a lot of Canadians and none of the Canadians that I know would be thrilled to be invaded by 11+ million illegals lowballing wages etc. They would not be thrilled to absorb the tax burden that comes with such an invasion.

Old 09-04-2019, 08:39 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,598,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
NIMBY

Canada is selective with their immigrants. They have points system for their immigrants based on skills (english proficient, education, etc)

I doubt they are going to take 400,000+ poor and uneducated immigrants from central america in less than a year.

Basically it's NIMBY

Old 09-04-2019, 09:59 PM

14,232 posts, read 4,598,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banksock View Post
I work in the ER and deal with health insurance inputting them into the Computer system. You be amazed how many Americans don't have any health insurance. My heart hurts when an American child doesn't have any health insurance nobody cares or bats an eye but when it's Illegal immigrants people act like we should sell our homes and cars to pay for them. Try telling a parent that their kid's health insurance came back ineligible.

Well, some canadians on C-D think that we should put health and welfare of foreigners before US citizens otherwise it's racism
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies