Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2019, 06:53 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times

Advertisements

It doesn't matter if someone uses their gun to protect an innocent or not. A gun is property and property rights are absolute. I still don't understand why Team Red insists on using this as a talking point. Probably because they are closet Marxists who want the State to legislate freedom just like Team Blue (devout and admitted Marxists).

When I lived in states that allowed me to carry and I did so (I'm in California now which means I have to fill out 6 billion forms to use a plastic butter knife on a waffle) I never once thought of drawing my weapon unless my life or the life of the person(s) I was with were in danger. The State ain't going to save you and neither is Bob 5 blocks down the street if the SHTF while both of you happen to be in a Wal Mart at the same time.

You are on your own in this world, my friends. Property rights are absolute. Defend yourself, respect the non-aggression principle, and respect property rights. It won't be 100% smooth sailing because bad guys exist but it will be a moral & logical life on your feet instead of in shackles on your knees. The end can happen at anytime. That's the only guarantee. Good luck.

Old 09-01-2019, 06:58 PM

8,179 posts, read 6,929,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Good guy with a gun + 1

Mass shooters, 2019 + 290 and counting....
What an utterly bizarre response.

Old 09-01-2019, 07:01 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:
I suspect the number surprises you. Am I correct?

-297 mass shootings

duing which:

-335 killed

-1219 wounded

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...019#Statistics
Yeah I looked that up and the authors of those numbers like to blur the lines just a tad.

Old 09-01-2019, 07:04 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
335 people were shot to death as they were just going about their business and paid the ultimate sacrifice for that one good guy with a gun to protect his money.

Old 09-01-2019, 07:05 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Yeah I looked that up and the authors of those numbers like to blur the lines just a tad.
Your statement above needs to be followed with facts to demonstrate exactly what you meant by "blur the lines just a tad."

Old 09-01-2019, 07:05 PM

2,985 posts, read 1,751,384 times
Quote:
335 people were shot to death as they were just going about their business and paid the ultimate sacrifice for that one good guy with a gun to protect his money.
What the hell are you babbling about??? That good guy was an employee that was protecting his LIFE!!

Old 09-01-2019, 07:08 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:
I think you need a more accurate source and this is time which is absolutely a left leaning rag.

https://time.com/4965022/deadliest-m...ng-us-history/

The numbers are horrendous enough. No need for embellishment or questionable sources.

Old 09-01-2019, 07:09 PM

16,960 posts, read 17,348,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
It’s not bizarre, it’s stupid. Lol

Old 09-01-2019, 07:12 PM

8,179 posts, read 6,929,698 times
Quote:
This response makes even less sense, to me. What are you referring to?

Ok, maybe you're trying to say that more people should carry a firearm (take responsibility for their safety and protection)? If that is what you're trying to say (in an odd way) then I completely agree with you. More good guys (and women, whatever) with guns, the LESS innocent deaths.

Crazy people will ALWAYS be around. This is not a fairytale world.
The only thing that CAN and WILL stop a person from inflicting great bodily harm or death upon another person is FORCE. What do people not understand about this?

ALL people have a God-given right to self-protection.
That is just basic common sense.

Old 09-01-2019, 07:13 PM

10,800 posts, read 3,597,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
It doesn't matter if someone uses their gun to protect an innocent or not. A gun is property and property rights are absolute. I still don't understand why Team Red insists on using this as a talking point. Probably because they are closet Marxists who want the State to legislate freedom just like Team Blue (devout and admitted Marxists).

When I lived in states that allowed me to carry and I did so (I'm in California now which means I have to fill out 6 billion forms to use a plastic butter knife on a waffle) I never once thought of drawing my weapon unless my life or the life of the person(s) I was with were in danger. The State ain't going to save you and neither is Bob 5 blocks down the street if the SHTF while both of you happen to be in a Wal Mart at the same time.

You are on your own in this world, my friends. Property rights are absolute. Defend yourself, respect the non-aggression principle, and respect property rights. It won't be 100% smooth sailing because bad guys exist but it will be a moral & logical life on your feet instead of in shackles on your knees. The end can happen at anytime. That's the only guarantee. Good luck.
Would these be the same absolute property rights which landowners along the Mexican border want to invoke if they don't want any wall built on their land? Or is that OK for the government to take it from them?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies