Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2019, 12:21 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,825,871 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
No, we should make more laws, that way those drug addicts really will listen to those laws.....

You blew your own narrative of more laws will do something.....you did not even know you did that.....
How come all those 2nd amendment vigilantes haven't enforced the laws of our country?

Old 09-02-2019, 12:23 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,627,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Why do we have laws at all?

Why not just have a country like Somalia where the person with the biggest gun rules?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...yone-else.html
Laws are meant to punish anti-social actions that harm or have the strong possibility of harming other members of society.

My ability to own a fully auto rifle is neither anti-social nor does it harm you. The fact that in the neighborhood of 300 million guns in the US aren't going to harm anyone proves that owning a gun does NOT have the strong possibility of harming anyone.

Driving drunk is against the law, but owning a car and owning alcohol are not against the law, nor should they. Same concept with guns.

Sure, 88,000 people in the US die from alcohol each year, but that's not something you hate.

Old 09-02-2019, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Did you ever think there maybe a reason for that?

What, don't like it that they are not all white nazi's?

You absolutely can play it both ways, you and your leftist buddies do it all the time.....

ANd ohhhh, the NRA meme....that's just as bad as RUSSIA COLLUSION, get a new talking point....

I don't know, but I do know there were 11 CHILDREN killed in drive by shootings within 3 months in St. Louis....<<<<<<<<Fix this and the possibility that gun violence goes down. But you don't care about that, those single killings don't matter to you.

Tell us wise one, what does the NRA have to do with those shootings?

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-area-n1041836

Then you agree with these statistics? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...019#Statistics

Old 09-02-2019, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Laws are meant to punish anti-social actions that harm or have the strong possibility of harming other members of society.

My ability to own a fully auto rifle is neither anti-social nor does it harm you. The fact that in the neighborhood of 300 million guns in the US aren't going to harm anyone proves that owning a gun does NOT have the strong possibility of harming anyone.

Driving drunk is against the law, but owning a car and owning alcohol are not against the law, nor should they. Same concept with guns.

Sure, 88,000 people in the US die from alcohol each year, but that's not something you hate.
Drivers' licenses and alcohol is highly regulated. I agree with you that guns need to also be highly regulated.

Old 09-02-2019, 12:35 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
One US city accounts for nearly 10% of the mass shootings in this country. What do you propose to do about that?

Old 09-02-2019, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Drivers' licenses and alcohol is highly regulated. I agree with you that guns need to also be highly regulated.
Great, let's have the same laws.

I can go out and just purchase a car with no background check, drivers license, insurance or anything else and drive it all around my property without breaking a single law. I can even take that car practically anywhere I want as long as it's not being started.

Any adult can buy as much alcohol as they choose. All that is needed is proof of age. No background check, no registering and no record who purchased it. An adult can give another adult alcohol without doing anything.

So, how about the exact same regulations for guns? Would that make you happy?

Old 09-02-2019, 12:53 PM

19,848 posts, read 12,110,307 times
Quote:
How come all those 2nd amendment vigilantes haven't enforced the laws of our country?
Over a 30 day period this summer Chicago had 11 mass shootings. You tell us why they aren’t enforcing the laws of our country.

Old 09-02-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
One US city accounts for nearly 10% of the mass shootings in this country. What do you propose to do about that?
I propose that common sense gun regulations are enacted and enforced including extensive background checks and waiting periods.

This gun violence will continue escalate. I recommend gun fanatics fight for common sense solutions before the Democrats regain control of congress and the white house. The Democrats will solve our gun violence problem for sure! If you want to wait for the Democrats to handle it, so be it.

Old 09-02-2019, 01:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Great, let's have the same laws.

I can go out and just purchase a car with no background check, drivers license, insurance or anything else and drive it all around my property without breaking a single law. I can even take that car practically anywhere I want as long as it's not being started.

Any adult can buy as much alcohol as they choose. All that is needed is proof of age. No background check, no registering and no record who purchased it. An adult can give another adult alcohol without doing anything.

So, how about the exact same regulations for guns? Would that make you happy?
That is a start.

I agree with the part that driving privileges can be terminated if driving regulations are not followed or a person is deemed physically/mentally unfit. I also like that a person can be charged for providing alcohol to a minor or to a customer who gets drunk and kills someone driving.

You are on to something for gun regulations.

Old 09-02-2019, 01:03 PM

Quote:
I propose that common sense gun regulations are enacted and enforced including extensive background checks and waiting periods.

This gun violence will continue escalate. I recommend gun fanatics fight for common sense solutions before the Democrats regain control of congress and the white house. The Democrats will solve our gun violence problem for sure! If you want to wait for the Democrats to handle it, so be it.
If they can get guns out of the hands of criminals with laws, why haven't they used those same laws on heroine and cocaine?

Yeah, just like drug laws don't keep drugs off the streets, gun laws won't keep them off the streets either.

I do like your idea of using the same regulations for cars and alcohol for guns.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies