Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 11:21 AM

29,822 posts, read 14,871,126 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I notice how everyone totally deflected the question. Predictable. I also notice how those same people demonstrated brilliantly how much they care only for their guns & not for people.
Because it's a complete bull**** question. Gun control isn't going to solve these issues. Not sure how people aren't getting this.

Old 09-16-2019, 11:43 AM

18,781 posts, read 7,696,974 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Should a mass shooting occur near you, who would have to die before you would say, "ENOUGH !" and fight for gun control?
You seem to feel that a lot of people should die before we waste more time enacting "gun control" programs. Schemes that have already been tried time and again, and proven to not work.

You are a very confused person. To put it kindly.

Old 09-16-2019, 11:48 AM

37,495 posts, read 19,377,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
And.... still changes nothing about what needs done to modify or eliminate the constitution.
As long as muzzleloaders are available to the public, 2A is still entirely intact. Read the Heller Decision for details.

You also assume that a new crop of representatives would not call for a Constitutional Convention.

Old 09-16-2019, 11:51 AM

37,495 posts, read 19,377,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
Laughable. The new generation is going to end inner city violence and mass shootings ?!? Right... what they will do eventually change legislation and take rights away from the law abiding... and still have the same results.

Problems only get solved when the root causes are addressed, and firearms are down on that list.
I don't know what "root causes" you have in mind, but every other First-world country has already dealt with those causes decisively, and while they have not entirely eliminated mass shootings (more than four victims in one occurrence), they have certainly whittled them down. Australia has had three since their new laws went into effect in 1996.

We will do it here as well. It's just a matter of time.

Old 09-16-2019, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
As long as muzzleloaders are available to the public, 2A is still entirely intact. Read the Heller Decision for details.

You also assume that a new crop of representatives would not call for a Constitutional Convention.
The Heller decision references M16's and rifles that are most useful in military service. It states nothing about mag fed semi auto rifles. It also protects handguns. Since AR's can also be configured as a pistol, I guess they are covered.

Is there something else that I missed ?

Old 09-16-2019, 12:06 PM

Quote:
I don't know what "root causes" you have in mind, but every other First-world country has already dealt with those causes decisively, and while they have not entirely eliminated mass shootings (more than four victims in one occurrence), they have certainly whittled them down. Australia has had three since their new laws went into effect in 1996.

We will do it here as well. It's just a matter of time.
This has been asked so many times... and people such as yourself seem to ignore it. These same firearms have been available for 50 years, with much less restrictions. One could order rifles through the Sears catalog and have them delivered home. High school kids in rural areas used to have gun racks in their pickups with guns in them, on campus. I remember a time when we would bring in our guns to work like show and tell. And make weekly trips to the range at lunchtime.
Now, firearms are an issue ? Come on, open your eyes. Think with some logic, not emotion for a change.

And don't even bring up the AU thing. The violence rate there was never an issue bother before the ban and after. And there are still plenty of firearms there. If you can't see the issues we have in our society that are causing this, you are blind or ignorant. Or just anti firearm. I'm more anti violence , I can see that is the issue, not the tool.

If your logic was true, we would not see places like Maine that have very few firearms restrictions and a firearms violence rate of 1.2 per 100k compared to the District of Colombia , that has very strict firearms laws and a violence rate of 18 per 100k.

Can you explain that to me ? If it was the guns, per your logic, there would be not be these large discrepancies.

You are most likely right. And eventually our rights will be whittled away, and when there is still violence the people such as yourself, always looking to blame something , will move on to the next thing. Just like in the UK , where they don't trust their subjects with knives.

Old 09-16-2019, 12:09 PM

10,284 posts, read 6,379,438 times
OT. Are you willing to have nothing to do with your own children, their spouses, and your grandchildren for your guns to take anywhere you want? Years ago our adult children and their spouses told Dad you are not allowed to visit us on our property and in our homes if you bring a gun with you. They cannot do this? Give up seeing your adult children and grandsons just so you can carry around your gun wherever you go? Husband complies with this.

How about in your own home? I will grant my husband his "constitutional 2nd Amendment rights", but I demand that his guns be locked up in a combination safe, even as empty nesters, and not in in nightstands or around the house. Do I HAVE THAT RIGHT? It isn't just HIS property and home, but MINE as well. We have been married for 45 years, and this is his compromise for me and our children. Do you think he is in the wrong with this? I suppose he is not a good enough supporter of the 2nd Amendment to DEMAND his "rights" in opposition to his own family. Blank, blank you wife, children, and in-laws? I RULE. No, you don't. Cuddle and kiss you guns instead of your own family.

Old 09-16-2019, 12:13 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,693,378 times
Quote:
All semiautos, all handguns, unless they are carried in the line of duty. If it doesnt happen after the election in 2020, it most certainly will by 2028.
You kidding? There are 400 million firearms in the USA.

This isn’t Nazi Germany, if anyone wants to come take my guns they’ll be shot dead before they even get into my house.

Old 09-16-2019, 12:19 PM

34,348 posts, read 18,729,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post

This isn’t Nazi Germany, if anyone wants to come take my guns they’ll be shot dead before they even get into my house.
And more than half of them are semi automatic firearms. American will not comply with gun bans and confiscation of these COMMON USE firearms.

Anyway, the Supreme Court will strike down bans and confiscation due to the Heller and Miller decisions.

Old 09-16-2019, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post

They can't even clean up the inner cities across the country.. SMH
And , as some have pointed out. Most of the major Federal firearms legislation has been pushed through by the GOP. More proof the Dems, can't get squat done, at least on the Federal level.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies