Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2019, 10:19 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,816,095 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Gun or no gun jojo?

https://twitter.com/stillgray/status...77318415454208

This is what you support OP.....sad, yet here you are....
Animals.

Old 09-16-2019, 10:23 AM

19,731 posts, read 10,158,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer'sBreeze View Post
What if your life or the life one of your family members or friends has been saved by because they had a gun to protect themselves? It goes both ways. Many people's lives have been saved by someone with a gun.

The OP doesn't care about that estimated 500,000 people. Only the ones who were not allowed to protect themselves in a gun-free zone.

Old 09-16-2019, 10:26 AM

50,449 posts, read 47,177,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
You really have no idea what you are talking about do you ?

The Dayton shooter had a run of the mill semi auto magazine fed rifle, yes it was in a pistol or SBR (not sure since they never disclosed length) configuration.

And what the **** is an 8m3 bullet ? Please explain that one.
Now they are trolling random youtube videos. It is on boobtube so must be true.

Old 09-16-2019, 10:43 AM

37,170 posts, read 19,262,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
I will die fighting if the government dares to come after my guns and my rights. So I am willing to sacrifice myself. When teh government wants to go after guns if will get ugly. What happened in Waco was only a small preview.
Your choice as an American. You are free to incriminate yourself and commit suidice by cop if that is your desire.

Ain't America Great?

Old 09-16-2019, 10:46 AM

37,170 posts, read 19,262,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Volobjectitarian View Post

You live in a world of feverish dreams.
I live in a world where kids have been trained in active shooter drills, and quite frankly, they are sick as hell of it. In the next eight years they will all be voting age, more Boomers will die off, and the new generation will become the majority which elect representatives who will handle this problem definitively, finally, and for the future.

Old 09-16-2019, 10:47 AM

50,449 posts, read 47,177,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I live in a world where kids have been trained in active shooter drills, and quite frankly, they are sick as hell of it. In the next eight years they will all be voting age, more Boomers will die off, and the new generation will become the majority which elect representatives who will handle this problem definitively, finally, and for the future.
And.... still changes nothing about what needs done to modify or eliminate the constitution.

Old 09-16-2019, 10:51 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,580,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Should a mass shooting occur near you, who would have to die before you would say, "ENOUGH !" and fight for gun control?

-your friend

-your co-worker/partner

-your neighbor

-your parents

-your brother/sister

-your spouse

-your children
I notice how everyone totally deflected the question. Predictable. I also notice how those same people demonstrated brilliantly how much they care only for their guns & not for people.

Old 09-16-2019, 10:52 AM

13,985 posts, read 5,650,251 times
Quote:
And they'll never confiscate firearms in the US.

You can believe whatever, but the reality is that firearms outnumber people in our country, and the firearm itself is the best tool available for presenting a compelling case to be left alone by those who seek to harm you.

Elected representatives can't wish those firearms out of existence, they are bound by the 2nd, 4th and 5th Amendments, and they don't have the number of agents of tyranny needed even if the Constitution didn't bind them.

Voting doesn't create a new reality. It simply shuffles the plutocrat deck, like 5-10% of the incumbency at a time. There will be no gun confiscations in the US. It simply won't happen. Not in whatever years I have left anyway, and I am only 52.

Old 09-16-2019, 10:59 AM

19,731 posts, read 10,158,315 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
I notice how everyone totally deflected the question. Predictable. I also notice how those same people demonstrated brilliantly how much they care only for their guns & not for people.
It was a stupid question. Without guns, we can't protect our families. And no law is going to stop crazy people from getting guns.
The more mass shootings, the more we realize we need our guns for protection.

Old 09-16-2019, 11:19 AM

29,568 posts, read 14,720,164 times
Quote:
Laughable. The new generation is going to end inner city violence and mass shootings ?!? Right... what they will do eventually change legislation and take rights away from the law abiding... and still have the same results.

Problems only get solved when the root causes are addressed, and firearms are down on that list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies