Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-16-2019, 09:40 AM

29,887 posts, read 14,927,285 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
The Dayton shooter killed 9 people and injured 27 others within 30 seconds! That carnage was accomplished before any "good guy with a gun" could as much as aim!
Yeah, what does that have to do with my reply to you ? A sick individual did a sick thing. The question is why are people doing this ?

Also, the Dayton shooting was in a gun free zone. Regardless, a "good guy with a gun" isn't you or anyone else's protector. Their only responsibility is to their family and themselves. Had their been one there that day, and had they had an opportunity , hopefully they would have taken a shot. Nothing is guaranteed though.

Old 09-16-2019, 09:44 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,918,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
You really have no idea what you are talking about do you ?

The Dayton shooter had a run of the mill semi auto magazine fed rifle, yes it was in a pistol or SBR (not sure since they never disclosed length) configuration.

And what the **** is an 8m3 bullet ? Please explain that one.
This: It is known as the 8m3 effect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrS-kya8xVA

Old 09-16-2019, 09:47 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,918,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
No you don't understand guns. So that makes you the idiot.
I understand that a man easily killed 9 people and injured 27 other people within 30 seconds. That is an act of war and we are providing the enemy with the weapons!

Old 09-16-2019, 09:49 AM

Quote:
This: It is known as the 8m3 effect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QrS-kya8xVA
Lol... it's just a hollow point bullet like so many others out there. Nothing special about it.

Old 09-16-2019, 09:49 AM

23,649 posts, read 14,209,652 times
Quote:
Let me get this straight, you don't seem to understand that there are guns capable of killing 9 people and injuring 27 others within 30 seconds!

Don't give this Mattel style play set description for your hunting rifles. If you need to fire over 36 rounds within 30 seconds to hunt, you are an idiot!

Once again.....the 2nd amendment is not about hunting.

Old 09-16-2019, 09:53 AM

Quote:
I understand that a man easily killed 9 people and injured 27 other people within 30 seconds. That is an act of war and we are providing the enemy with the weapons!
You gave the Dayton shooter a weapon ? Now i'm confused. I didn't give him one, did anyone on this thread give him one ?

I was under the assumption he bought one, and he decided to kill people with it. Myself personally, I'd like to see these types of attacks stop. We need to figure out why, after the same types of firearms have been available for the last 50 years, are we having an increase in these attacks.
Only a dolt can't see something has changed in society , and it isn't the firearms.

Old 09-16-2019, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Let me get this straight, you don't seem to understand that there are guns capable of killing 9 people and injuring 27 others within 30 seconds!

Don't give this Mattel style play set description for your hunting rifles. If you need to fire over 36 rounds within 30 seconds to hunt, you are an idiot!
Only an idiot , especially one that has been told over and over, doesn't realize any semi auto firearm has the ability to do this. ANY.

Old 09-16-2019, 10:07 AM

133 posts, read 76,321 times
Quote:
Should a mass shooting occur near you, who would have to die before you would say, "ENOUGH !" and fight for gun control?

-your friend

-your co-worker/partner

-your neighbor

-your parents

-your brother/sister

-your spouse

-your children
What if your life or the life one of your family members or friends has been saved by because they had a gun to protect themselves? It goes both ways. Many people's lives have been saved by someone with a gun.

I'm all for sensible gun control, i.e., keep the guns out of the hands of criminals and average citizens don't need arsenals, but total gun control—no way.

Besides, those mass murderers will just use other methods to kill people.

Old 09-16-2019, 10:10 AM

133 posts, read 76,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
You gave the Dayton shooter a weapon ? Now i'm confused. I didn't give him one, did anyone on this thread give him one ?

I was under the assumption he bought one, and he decided to kill people with it. Myself personally, I'd like to see these types of attacks stop. We need to figure out why, after the same types of firearms have been available for the last 50 years, are we having an increase in these attacks.
Only a dolt can't see something has changed in society , and it isn't the firearms.
Yes, this. ^^^^^^^^

Old 09-16-2019, 10:14 AM

14,182 posts, read 5,751,418 times
Quote:
It was indeed an initiation of force, and the person who perpetrated it sacrificed any and all of their natural rights in doing so. Shame on them. But the weapon didn't perpetrate the crime, the person holding the weapon did.

As to the specific weapon, in almost every mass shooting incident, had the shooter used a pistol (still the number 1 choice of mass shooters) instead of a rifle, they have a similar rate of fire, easier magazine reload ad ability to carry more ammunition. In the case of things like Vegas, i.e., the very rare long range mass shooting, had that idiot LOWERED his rate of fire and taken advantage of the tactical scenario better, he would have wildly upped his body count. That he chose to waste ammo by spewing with a bump stock actually SAVED lives.

Now, to killing 9 and injuring 27 inside 30 seconds. Any semiauto pistol can do the same thing, inside 30 yards. All a rifle does is extend the accurate range.

Is it the total dead/injured, or is it the 30 seconds part that bugs you? Because given the tactical situation of say...Marjory Stoneman Douglas HS...that shooter had like 10 minutes of unopposed operating time before the first police officer showed up. With a clunky bolt action yard sale rifle, 10 minutes and a box of rounds next to you, firing into a panicky herd can result in lots and lots of death. Cruz plans his day a bit better, and seriously, Grandpa's rusty old varmint rifle would kick ass and take names. Because law enforcement is 10 minutes away before they eve begin assessing the situation, much less acting on whatever assessment.

It isn't the gun. It just isn't. It is herds of unarmed cattle being forced into buildings that were designed around keeping people in and not allowing them free access to the outside, which is like taking a speargun to the public aquarium...the fishing is rather easy there.

Taking away my natural rights doesn't help you solve that problem. Presenting false dilemmas about my loved ones doesn't solve that problem. Punishing me for something someone else did does not solve that problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies