Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 12:24 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,687,494 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
They can't even clean up the inner cities across the country.. SMH
And , as some have pointed out. Most of the major Federal firearms legislation has been pushed through by the GOP. More proof the Dems, can't get squat done, at least on the Federal level.
Dems are worthless. All they want is to take our freedoms away and flood the country with illegals, and spend other peoples’ money. And Orange Man Bad.

Old 09-16-2019, 12:24 PM

14,067 posts, read 5,684,065 times
In a confiscatory/draconian anti-gun future, there would be no actual door-to-door confiscation. They would simply enact a law that reads something like "if found in possession of XYZ type weapon, or found using XYZ type weapon, the penalty shall be no less than 25 years in prison and/or $1,000,000 fine."

Then you'd be "allowed" to have your guns, provided you don't mind going to prison for ever using them, being found in possession of them, etc.

That's what the anti-gun jerkweeds aren't telling you when thy try to offer the "nobody is coming for your guns...all we are saying is..." nonsense. They won't come for your guns, that is true. They'll just wait by the shooting range and pounce when you get out of the car to use the gun, or wat for your home to be invaded, and along with cleaning up the body of the intruder, they haul you off to jail for defending yourself, in a win-win for them. Just have some ridiculous law like CA's 3 strikes drug laws that serve up massive prison sentences for exercising your rights protected under the 2A, and that "solves" the problem.

Except no it doesn't, since criminals bent on mass murder still DGAFF about gun laws, and the law doesn't make the weapons disappear. All it does is transform perfectly law abiding citizens into criminals with the stroke of a pen. Nothing else changes.

PS - and to make this even remotely constitutional, the 2A must be repealed or superseded by another amendment, bare minimum.

Old 09-16-2019, 12:27 PM

23,652 posts, read 14,112,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
OT. Are you willing to have nothing to do with your own children, their spouses, and your grandchildren for your guns to take anywhere you want? Years ago our adult children and their spouses told Dad you are not allowed to visit us on our property and in our homes if you bring a gun with you. They cannot do this? Give up seeing your adult children and grandsons just so you can carry around your gun wherever you go? Husband complies with this.

How about in your own home? I will grant my husband his "constitutional 2nd Amendment rights", but I demand that his guns be locked up in a combination safe, even as empty nesters, and not in in nightstands or around the house. Do I HAVE THAT RIGHT? It isn't just HIS property and home, but MINE as well. We have been married for 45 years, and this is his compromise for me and our children. Do you think he is in the wrong with this? I suppose he is not a good enough supporter of the 2nd Amendment to DEMAND his "rights" in opposition to his own family. Blank, blank you wife, children, and in-laws? I RULE. No, you don't. Cuddle and kiss you guns instead of your own family.
Depends on the family. My ex sister in law knew I carried and when I told her I was carrying something extra, she told me she always expected me to be carrying something after.

Equally, I have been a guest in a home where they were not surprised of the fire power I carried....and had me do the manual of arms and check my guns at their place.

Further, A and B. A: There are some places that I detest going there for they will not allow me to have my gun there, no place to check it, but it seems they think of nothing at putting me at risk for the 3 hours to travel there and then the 3 hours back. B: There are some family members I limit my visits to for they think it is okay to smoke grass. I will not allow their nonchalance of what is right and what is not to threaten my security standing.

Old 09-16-2019, 12:31 PM

29,741 posts, read 14,807,398 times
Quote:
OT. Are you willing to have nothing to do with your own children, their spouses, and your grandchildren for your guns to take anywhere you want? Years ago our adult children and their spouses told Dad you are not allowed to visit us on our property and in our homes if you bring a gun with you. They cannot do this? Give up seeing your adult children and grandsons just so you can carry around your gun wherever you go? Husband complies with this.

How about in your own home? I will grant my husband his "constitutional 2nd Amendment rights", but I demand that his guns be locked up in a combination safe, even as empty nesters, and not in in nightstands or around the house. Do I HAVE THAT RIGHT? It isn't just HIS property and home, but MINE as well. We have been married for 45 years, and this is his compromise for me and our children. Do you think he is in the wrong with this? I suppose he is not a good enough supporter of the 2nd Amendment to DEMAND his "rights" in opposition to his own family. Blank, blank you wife, children, and in-laws? I RULE. No, you don't. Cuddle and kiss you guns instead of your own family.
Your choice, hopefully your door never gets kicked in and a bunch of thugs overtake your house. The police are just minutes away , when seconds count.
Although, as emotional as you sound, I don't think I'd even have a firearm in the house with you. Probably a good choice your husband keeps them locked up.

My wife, my daughter, myself , my parents all take full advantage of our 2A rights. This is our choice to make, not anyone else.

Old 09-16-2019, 12:33 PM

50,533 posts, read 47,317,846 times
Quote:

Why would you have a gun at all if it's locked up? Useless. It's a freakin piece of metal. Nothing to be living in fear about. Sheesh. SHTF my wife will be first one out the bedroom carrying. She's quick like that.

Old 09-16-2019, 12:36 PM

29,741 posts, read 14,807,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Why would you have a gun at all if it's locked up? Useless. It's a freakin piece of metal. Nothing to be living in fear about. Sheesh. SHTF my wife will be first one out the bedroom carrying. She's quick like that.
The obsessive fear of an inanimate object is disturbing. Unless she's afraid of her husband or something, it makes no sense to me.
I'm more concerned with criminals and their activities, I guess that is just me though.

Old 09-16-2019, 12:43 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,687,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Lol I know right?

My 9mm is under my couch downstairs within arm’s reach and my 12 gauge is under the bed, ready to go.

Obviously if I had children it would be different.

Old 09-16-2019, 12:43 PM

34,299 posts, read 18,680,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scarabchuck View Post
The obsessive fear of an inanimate object is disturbing. Unless she's afraid of her husband or something, it makes no sense to me.
I'm more concerned with criminals and their activities, I guess that is just me though.
Rational people know it is not the tool (inanimate object) to fear. It is always the person, as objects can't act on their own. Liberal/Progressives don't trust themselves, so they project that insecurity on to others.

Old 09-16-2019, 12:48 PM

19,751 posts, read 10,191,208 times
Quote:

My children and grandchildren love to go to the range and shoot. They like to hunt. My wife carries. My sister carries. They are all as pro gun as I am. They also know that carrying a gun saved my life twice.
They understand that guns are just a tool.

Old 09-16-2019, 12:58 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,050,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Should a mass shooting occur near you, who would have to die before you would say, "ENOUGH !" and fight for gun control?

-your friend

-your co-worker/partner

-your neighbor

-your parents

-your brother/sister

-your spouse

-your children
Will the gun lovers flee the place with thier families or go after the shooter? They will be the first to flee . They just have a false sense of pride that they are god for having a gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies