Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2019, 07:25 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,810,838 times

Advertisements

Even if this latest accusation is true, what is there to sue him about?

By today’s standards that is indeed sexual harassment. But as someone who was in college in the 80s, back then that would have been called “drunk white guy antics”.

Ever see the movie Animal House? Remember how Belushi’s character was a drunken mess pulling outrageous sheangigans the whole move but then at the end, they reveal he went on to become a U.S. Senator? It was a joke, but it wasn’t.

Kavenaugh was his friend groups drunken mess who did arsehole stuff when he threw back a few. Entitled jerk behavior? Yes. Did anyone consider that criminal back then? No.

Now if they get a credible account of rape then nail him. But this story though gross, is stupid and I don’t think these candidates should be trying to grandstand off dumb crap from college.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2019, 08:09 AM

78,417 posts, read 60,593,823 times
Proper legal procedure in 2019

Step 1) Impeach
Step 2) Investigate

Lol.

Seriously though, I realize this is just grandstanding and won't go anywhere but I find it really ironic coming from someone with a law degree and past experience as a prosecutor.

Old 09-16-2019, 08:46 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post

By today’s standards that is indeed sexual harassment. But as someone who was in college in the 80s, back then that would have been called “drunk white guy antics”.

Ever see the movie Animal House? Remember how Belushi’s character was a drunken mess pulling outrageous sheangigans the whole move but then at the end, they reveal he went on to become a U.S. Senator? It was a joke, but it wasn’t.

Kavenaugh was his friend groups drunken mess who did arsehole stuff when he threw back a few. Entitled jerk behavior? Yes. Did anyone consider that criminal back then? No.

Now if they get a credible account of rape then nail him. But this story though gross, is stupid and I don’t think these candidates should be trying to grandstand off dumb crap from college.
Yes, I sure wouldn't want to be judged by what I did in college. However, IF I lied to Congress during my confirmation hearing - I would expect to be judged.

Old 09-16-2019, 08:55 AM

5,735 posts, read 3,252,971 times
Problem is democrats always seem to accuse conservative judges of lying every time because the judges don't tell them what they want to hear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Yes, I sure wouldn't want to be judged by what I did in college. However, IF I lied to Congress during my confirmation hearing - I would expect to be judged.

Old 09-16-2019, 09:03 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,755,587 times
The story is dead in the water already, concocted by Liberals. The "victim" says she does not remember anything and refuses to talk. They are trying to sell a book

Old 09-16-2019, 09:20 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,674,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post

None of this matters........while I agree that drunken behavior is not a crime, it appears Brett has LIED many times, even under oath. He apparently lied about a lot of things...and there is email proof of it (he lied about not contacting people to get the story changed, etc.).

THAT IS A VERY BIG DEAL........

I'm not pushing for this or that, but consider that Clinton was impeached for a single lie about sex. What type of standards about lying are we going to hold the SCOTUS to?

Old 09-16-2019, 09:44 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
None of this matters........while I agree that drunken behavior is not a crime, it appears Brett has LIED many times, even under oath. He apparently lied about a lot of things...and there is email proof of it (he lied about not contacting people to get the story changed, etc.).

I'm not pushing for this or that, but consider that Clinton was impeached for a single lie about sex. What type of standards about lying are we going to hold the SCOTUS to?
First step is to prove he even lied. That hasn't been done yet.

Old 09-16-2019, 09:55 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,810,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post

Okay these are fair points. We all know he wasn’t the choir boy he pretended to be. I full believe enough people confirmed he was the drunk guy who partied a bit too hard when he was younger, one who was... raunchy... to say the least in the midst of his partying.

I could see why he wouldn’t want to cop to that during the hearings though. LOL

Old 09-16-2019, 11:40 AM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
[quote=Tinawina;56189730]Okay these are fair points. We all know he wasn’t the choir boy he pretended to be. I full believe enough people confirmed he was the drunk guy who partied a bit too hard when he was younger, one who was... raunchy... to say the least in the midst of his partying.

I could see why he wouldn’t want to cop to that during the hearings though. LOL[/QUOTE

Impeach everyone that went to colleg e

Old 09-16-2019, 12:00 PM

10,214 posts, read 15,927,883 times
There will be no evidence to find him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt but in the liberal mindset that doesn't matter. For leftists a mere accusation should destroy someone, like in the Soviet Union.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies