Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2019, 06:22 AM

12,031 posts, read 6,563,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post

Before Trump folks continue with BUT OBAMA, if he had done anything worthy of impeachment or even inquiries of, the Republicans had 8 years to have done so, and did not. .
The R’s tried to expose Dem corruption, but Obama ran the most corrupt DOJ in my lifetime between Holder, Lynch, and the highly biased FBI we just witnessed in the Russian collusion hoax, the fake Hillary investigation along with a highly biased and corrupt liberal media.

Old 09-26-2019, 06:25 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,221,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
The R’s tried to expose Dem corruption, but Obama ran the most corrupt DOJ in my lifetime between Holder, Lynch, and the highly biased FBI we just witnessed in the Russian collusion hoax, the fake Hillary investigation along with a highly biased and corrupt liberal media.
Trumps DOJ is giving it a run for the money, right?

Hows this for your Obama deep state holdover?

The Ukraine Scandal Is Not One Phone Call. It's a Massive Plot. // Potential co-conspirators include: President Donald Trump, Vice President Mike Pence, Attorney General William Barr, Chief of Staff Mick Mulvaney, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Ambassador Kurt Volker, and Rudy Giuliani.

Old 09-26-2019, 06:46 AM

10,446 posts, read 4,032,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Wrong — it was a lot more than the stained dress and cigar.
—They remember the three different times he stopped the military from taking out Bin Laden— one of them because France complained their Muslims would riot.
—They think of all the sexual harassment, rape, and abuse of women. And then used character assassinations to discredit their rape and harassment allegations against him.
They think of NAFTA and how it brought down our manufacturing industry and more
—They think of all his lies, how he cheated at golf
—How he looked straight at the American people and shook his finger at us and shouted, “I did NOT sleep with that woman.”
NAFTA was actually designed by the Bush administration, and I think is one of those things that the corrupt Washington was going to make sure went through one way or another, because both parties were being heavily lobbied by the manufacturing industry to make it happen.

Same thing with the Affordable Care Act. It was actually based on Mitt Romney's Massachusetts state health care act, and would have gone through if either he or Obama had won the presidency. Big pharma is a big lobby to Washington, and nothing would please them more than a blank check by tax payers for doctors to write out endless and very expensive prescriptions.

It's also why we are still not out of these Middle Eastern wars, even though both Obama and Trump have promised to get us out. But then they are conveniently tied up by red tape to make it happen. And the real reason is because too many people are making mad money from the defense contracting business.

Old 09-26-2019, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
interesting point also. I use yahoo for my browser attached with IE. I also use AOL's news page. Tonight I read 5 posted stories in their "news" feed. All had that subtle twist about Trump being impeached and "rightly so" There were a lot of missing information bits which slanted an unbiased report of what is going on. I seldom do this but I googled the authors of these 5 stories. They were all contributors to MSNBC or the NYT's

The slanted and bordering on corrupt media has almost got me converted to holding my nose and voting for Trump. The democrats appear more each day to being the true danger to this country...…...
This should be a concern for everyone. The majority of our news is now owned and controlled by 6 corporations, with very wealthy and powerful billionaires at the helm of these corporations, and you have to wonder, what is in it for them to make sure the news is as anti-Trump, pro ultra left as possible? Don't think for a second these people care about the USA, or the little guy. They only care about money and power. So what is in it for them if Trump is gone?

Old 09-26-2019, 07:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawaiiancoconut View Post
I heard Democrats cycling back to his personal tax returns again.. It seems every witch hunt failure (Russian hoax, Stormy Daniel’s, etc, the Democrats automatically return to his taxes. Lol.
It's sad these people are making hundreds of thousand of dollars off of tax payers to just waste time while their districts are drowning in drugs, homelessness and feces. Anyone who keeps voting for these people are just as crazy.

Old 09-26-2019, 07:10 AM

996 posts, read 378,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
This should be a concern for everyone. The majority of our news is now owned and controlled by 6 corporations, with very wealthy and powerful billionaires at the helm of these corporations, and you have to wonder, what is in it for them to make sure the news is as anti-Trump, pro ultra left as possible? Don't think for a second these people care about the USA, or the little guy. They only care about money and power. So what is in it for them if Trump is gone?
Power, pure and simple. With certain people in power, so many others will profit.

Just released is the whistle blower complaint. It is basically an opinion of what was heard from other sources.
Just watch how certain media outlets will play up the opinion of one person as the " smoking gun" to finally do what they have been trying to do from the very beginning of this Presidency.

One person's opinion. That's what this boils down to. Just try to imagine if previous Presidential conversations going back through American history would have one person's opinion of their content be even remotely significant. . The fact that we are living in a media controlled performance era circus atmosphere with desperate people is the difference today.

Old 09-26-2019, 07:13 AM

Quote:
NAFTA was actually designed by the Bush administration, and I think is one of those things that the corrupt Washington was going to make sure went through one way or another, because both parties were being heavily lobbied by the manufacturing industry to make it happen.

Same thing with the Affordable Care Act. It was actually based on Mitt Romney's Massachusetts state health care act, and would have gone through if either he or Obama had won the presidency. Big pharma is a big lobby to Washington, and nothing would please them more than a blank check by tax payers for doctors to write out endless and very expensive prescriptions.

It's also why we are still not out of these Middle Eastern wars, even though both Obama and Trump have promised to get us out. But then they are conveniently tied up by red tape to make it happen. And the real reason is because too many people are making mad money from the defense contracting business.
You are correct, and I’ve said repeatedly the reason I’m an independent is BOTH parties are corrupt and more influenced by special interests than the welfare of American citizens.

But right now the democrats have created a whole new dimension to the concepts of corruption, bias, fake news, anarchy, disrespect for law and order, race baiting, character assassination, and hate mongering
You won’t see me voting for a democrat until they reform their party and become tethered to reality again.

Old 09-26-2019, 07:19 AM

43,052 posts, read 18,231,767 times
So now we have moved on to the next "this will for sure get him impeached" item ?

Maybe folks have forgotten but there were plenty of "questions" surrounding Biden's involvement with Ukraine way back when.

Old 09-26-2019, 07:19 AM

Quote:
I find it very enegmatic and disturbing that the republicans allowed liberals to take such complete control of our media, our complete education system, our entertainment industry and social media. Was it because they were only
focused on finance, business, and the military?
I know conservatives have deep control on some conservative media, but it’s a fraction compared to liberal media.

Old 09-26-2019, 07:21 AM

16,956 posts, read 16,748,451 times
What a JOKE! Schift is hateful and wants Trump gone. I hope Karma visits Schift and his clan soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.