Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2019, 12:10 PM

15,640 posts, read 10,398,506 times

Advertisements

attacks on the president in the press and by the opposing party are par for the course. they are part of the job.

what is different with trump is the democrat leaders have called the election of trump illegitimate. the Washington elite and the democrat politicians are trying to delegitimize the legal election of a president they don't like. I find that way of thinking scary. It sets a very bad precedent for future elections.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2019, 12:12 PM

1,896 posts, read 812,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post

As for your post above, it is barely coherent and ends with your rambling opinion based on you divining what other people think. I live in a medium sized town. NC is more than Raleigh, Charlotte, and Asheville.
It's pretty clear where the jobs have been created over the last several decades. No one is entitled to stay put and expect the same to remain the same.

Trump was the nostalgia candidate and he played on the past beautifully. However, we are in the midst of another tech boom. We will see if Trump wastes the domestic energy boom that started under Obama because manufacturing could use a shot in the arm or maybe a bailout like the farmers.

Old 10-05-2019, 12:12 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,055,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Majority of Americans don’t want Donald Trump, what about us? We are not real Americans in your eyes?
Not real Americans:

-People who don't respect freedom of speech (no matter how controversial)
-People who don't respect the 2nd amendment (right to bear arms)
-The 25+ million people who are here illegally
-People who don't respect the choices the American voters make (like the choice to elect Donald Trump as president)

Old 10-05-2019, 12:13 PM

1,896 posts, read 812,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
attacks on the president in the press and by the opposing party are par for the course. they are part of the job.

what is different with trump is the democrat leaders have called the election of trump illegitimate. the Washington elite and the democrat politicians are trying to delegitimize the legal election of a president they don't like. I find that way of thinking scary and it sets a very bad precedent for future elections.

Who would have thought the GOP were just globalist as the Dems? Nobody cares where the money comes from anymore, especially Trump.

Old 10-05-2019, 12:20 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,055,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post
We just want y'all to get some personal responsibility and stop bringing the country down to your level.

Down to what level?
How is trying to make America better and putting our own nation first a bad thing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by okcthunder1945 View Post
We also don't like how Trump put his family into positions of power with very little accountability.

I would have agreed with you on this point 1 year ago, but after seeing how much president Trump is regularly attacked, the guy probably can't trust very many people in Washington. He puts people he trusts, including family, into positions of power because he can't trust anyone else. Washington is full of liars, con-artists, political careerists & opportunists, and other ilk that aren't trustworthy.

Old 10-05-2019, 12:22 PM

17,311 posts, read 12,263,996 times
Trump showed us how he wanted to be treated as president based on how he treated Obama. Golden rule. Now he whines about being the worst treated president in history?

Old 10-05-2019, 12:22 PM

27,579 posts, read 28,687,607 times
Anybody who attacks Trump for building the Wall is in favor of illegal immigration and against the sovereignty of the United States of America.

That is what this is all about.

Old 10-05-2019, 12:30 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 5 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,602,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaliveinGreenville View Post
Remarks by President Trump at Young Black Leadership Summit 2019

MR. WILLIAMS: "Thank you, President Trump. Thank you. Yeah, let me — yeah, this is a little too tall for me. (Applause.)

First of all, I just want to say I love President Donald J. Trump. (Applause.) The media is attacking him. But when they attack him, they are attacking us. (Applause.) Because he is out here fighting for us. And they are harassing you, Mr. President, so they are harassing me. (Applause.)

And I want to say one more thing here. A while back, President Trump said, when he was talking to the black community, “If you vote for me, what do you have to lose?” Because the do-nothing Democrats have done nothing for the black community. 2020 is around the corner and we have a lot to lose now because President Donald J. Trump has done so much for the black community. Thank you, President Trump." (Applause.)

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefings...p-summit-2019/

Quote:
Originally Posted by ncguy50 View Post
That's right. Trump is just a proxy for leftists' burning hatred of YOU! And they have no qualms about persecuting you the same way they continually persecute Trump and his family.
Nope, my brothers are Trump supporters (not the fervent MAGA type, although they agree with some of his policies), and I distinguish between Trump and the average voters. My brothers even admit they detest his attitude and say they do not want their kids to turn out like Trump. Yet, I slam Trump when he dehumanizes his opponents. My remarks about him are aimed only at him. Only to those supporters who do support his vile remarks against "others" do my remarks about Trump extend to them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiftymh View Post
They don’t believe you should have had the right to vote for Trump so that’s what they are trying to take away.
Documentation from internationally credible sources, or this is slander.

Old 10-05-2019, 12:35 PM

2,919 posts, read 3,189,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TBMorgan View Post
Rep-
He'll try his best to drag the country down with him - he has never, ever even tried to be a President for all the people - never tried to unite the country. Always a divider. Will be that way until he's tossed out of office.
It's liberals who have chosen to despise and oppose him. They alone have created division in America... Based on the illusion that Trump does not represent them. It's simply their choice to be radical and hateful.

Old 10-05-2019, 12:39 PM

17,311 posts, read 12,263,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by folkguitarist555 View Post
It's liberals who have chosen to despise and oppose him. They alone have created division in America... Based on the illusion that Trump does not represent them. It's simply their choice to be radical and hateful.
Trump would not be president had he not so publicly and repeatedly despised and opposed Obama and spread conspiracy theories about him. People that bought into that are his unshakable base.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies