Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2019, 08:43 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,589,174 times

Advertisements

Trump's window of opportunity for keeping his tax returns under wraps is shrinking rapidly.

No spin, read the opinion yourself here.

And before anyone starts telling me Trump's tax return are a nothingburger, I will say in advance I have no idea what's in them, nor will I venture a guess. However, Trump sure seems concerned about revealing them, so draw your own conclusions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2019, 08:48 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,088,583 times
This is HUGE.

https://twitter.com/jbendery/status/1182666731921301506

Old 10-11-2019, 08:50 AM

In losing this appeal, Donald Trump DOES NOT HAVE ANY AUTHORITY OR POWER to stop his accounting firm from handing over his tax documents. There is nothing else Trump can do to drag this out any longer.

Trump's accounting firm is a private entity and as President, Trump has no power over them. He cannot force the firm not to comply or block them from handing over his tax documents.

It's time, folks. We're going to get Trump's tax returns soon.

https://twitter.com/jmichaelswriter/...69114147528707

Old 10-11-2019, 08:51 AM

46,313 posts, read 27,117,053 times
You got him NOWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW...REALLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YYYY...really really GOT HIM NOW...........................

Just like madcow did.....

Old 10-11-2019, 08:51 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,589,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeutralParty View Post
In losing this appeal, Donald Trump DOES NOT HAVE ANY AUTHORITY OR POWER to stop his accounting firm from handing over his tax documents. There is nothing else Trump can do to drag this out any longer.

It's time, folks. We're going to get Trump's tax returns soon.
Since the decision was 2-1, he can ask the full Circuit panel to review. He can also file a writ of cert. and ask the Supreme Court to review. He still has legal options, but as I said, they are starting to become more and more limited.

Old 10-11-2019, 08:52 AM

6,933 posts, read 2,392,354 times
Dems going full Soviet over Trump. Sickening!

Old 10-11-2019, 08:53 AM

17,804 posts, read 13,703,655 times
Shouldn't be an issue...........

MAY 20, 2014:

More than a year before he announced his presidential campaign, Trump told an Irish television station that he would "absolutely" release his tax returns if he entered the race.

"If I decide to run for office, I'll produce my tax returns, absolutely," he said. "And I would love to do that."
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FEBRUARY 25, 2015:

Trump told radio host Hugh Hewitt that he would "certainly show tax returns if it was necessary."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

JANUARY 24, 2016:

Trump told NBC's Chuck Todd that he had "very big returns."

Asked if he would release them publicly, Trump said, "we're working on that now."

"I have very big returns, as you know, and I have everything all approved and very beautiful and we'll be working that over in the next period of time, Chuck," Trump said. "Absolutely."
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There are about seven or eight more times Trump claimed he would turn his tax returns over so this should be no biggie.

Last edited by eddie gein; 10-11-2019 at 09:13 AM..

Old 10-11-2019, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Shouldn't be an issue...........

MAY 20, 2014:

More than a year before he announced his presidential campaign, Trump told an Irish television station that he would "absolutely" release his tax returns if he entered the race.

"If I decide to run for office, I'll produce my tax returns, absolutely," he said. "And I would love to do that."
11 times, to be exact. Between 2014 and 2016, Trump said, in 11 different situations to press/reporters, that he would release his tax returns.

Then he backpedaled a bit, saying "after the audit was done." That was over three years ago now.

Again, it cannot be stressed enough that tax returns for previous presidents aren't even a "thing," because they hand them over willingly, to provide full transparency.

Trump said he would run the most transparent administration ever....yet he has refused to hand over tax documents that reveal his personal financial interests.......documents that every other president hands over willingly. And Trump supporters don't even bother trying to defend it logically, because they can't.

Oh, Trump. It's been a fun(ny) few years, but your time is coming, you fat orange turd.

Old 10-11-2019, 08:59 AM

19,219 posts, read 17,099,287 times
Almost 3 years in office and they still haven't passed a law requiring candidates to disclose their tax returns, guess its not such a concern with the upcoming election. Seems ironic trying to force it on POTUS when nothing requires the disclosure..

Old 10-11-2019, 09:04 AM

15,850 posts, read 6,551,421 times
Even if we get the tax returns, it is unclear that anything will come of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies