Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2019, 07:54 AM

638 posts, read 241,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
If a person is that scared, they should not be a cop, muchless be carrying a firearm.
He needs to be locked away from society. Domestic terrorist.
I too would be scared in that situation... should I also be locked away from society??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2019, 07:58 AM

1,881 posts, read 1,012,505 times
Don't even see how this is a debate, unless you want to bring up the neighbor..

Old 10-15-2019, 08:02 AM

10,785 posts, read 5,702,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon998877 View Post
I too would be scared in that situation... should I also be locked away from society??
If you aim your gun at someone, shoot and kill them for no reason, yes. You should be locked away.

Just stop. Continually trying to defend this thug just makes you look really bad.

Old 10-15-2019, 08:03 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,981,405 times
Quote:
I don't think anyone has a problem with him losing his job, obviously wasn't fit to be an officer in the hell hole area he was working in.. the problem is, the outrage at this person for was very likely an error caused by a variety of reasons, none which are criminal..

A certain segment of the left has been saying that we have too many blacks locked up for too long, but now those same people are saying this cop should be locked up for life??? The real societal issue here is the lack of respect for the police and for human life, these cops are on edge in ALL situations in some of the crappy neighborhoods.. what happened here is a symptom of a MUCH bigger problem and its a shame this guy is going to suffer because of it. Violence is considered cool in these areas, up until the point that a cop screws up and the outrage is out of control. If this lady was killed by a street thug, nobody outside of FW ever hears about it, its just no big deal in these areas..
Outrage is out of control? Violence is cool in Fort Worth? You have no idea what you're talking about. Have you even been to Texas? This is a state that bleeds red and we have a population very sympathetic to our men/women in blue. In Houston where I live, we are still mourning the terrible loss of Deputy Sandeep Dhaliwal, who was cruelly gunned down during a routine traffic stop a few weeks ago. I can't believe you're even bringing up politics. But since you are, murder is wrong, no matter who is at the trigger end of the gun.

I appreciate cops more than the average citizen. Two of my closest friends are constables and they have the hardest jobs in the world. But wrong is wrong, and assuming the body cam footage and articles are accurate, and it's all over the news where I live, this cop murdered this lady. Murdered. End of story. The fact that he is/was a policeman makes no difference. He basically broke into her home and shot her to death in the presence of the child. Barring any surprise evidence, he should be punished as any other killer is. I feel sorry for the neighbor. He said, "I feel guilty. If I hadn't called the police to have them check on her, she would still be alive today."

Old 10-15-2019, 08:03 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,575,982 times
Why are you guys even engaging with him?

Old 10-15-2019, 08:06 AM

41,991 posts, read 75,279,142 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Why are you guys even engaging with him?
I'm procrastinating on a deadline. Dunno about everyone else.

Old 10-15-2019, 08:08 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,405,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
So why was his finger on the trigger?
Indeed. Pretty certain they teach indexing at every police academy in the modern era.

You don't place your finger on the trigger until you have decided to engage a target.

Old 10-15-2019, 08:10 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,405,478 times
Quote:
You certainly shouldn't be an LEO based on your responses here. So, there's that.

Old 10-15-2019, 08:14 AM

15,063 posts, read 6,188,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prairiestate View Post
About halfway through the article, the FWPD admits the gun had absolutely nothing to do with what happened, and they never should have released that photo. Another strawman down. I think the apologists are down to arguing that if you have your door open at 2:30 am, you should expect to be shot by the police. Oh, and she was a bad aunt for letting her nephew stay up so late.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/l...236195198.html
Exactly. And a child who was already going through so much because he had sick mother in the hospital. Who knows if he just couldn’t sleep and she stayed up and played games with him to keep him happy. Can’t imagine what he is going through now.

Old 10-15-2019, 08:24 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,453,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
What if she couldn't hear him? Many people are hard of hearing or wear headphones or earbuds when playing video games. Of course we'll never know.
The child in the house told the family's attorney that he could hear shouting but couldn't make out what was being said. Probably the same for her, but not sure we will ever know that. In any case, he didn't identify himself as police whether she could have heard him or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies