Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2019, 09:56 AM

37,982 posts, read 22,157,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
What I, or you, or anyone else, "think" is irrelevant.

I have seen no evidence of a DOJ investigation into "corruption" where the Bidens are concerned. If you have, I'd love to see it.
We will, in due time. Unless you think Barr and Durham are just twiddling their thumbs.

Barr and Durham are following the crumbs of corruption, to wherever they take them. Just a few weeks ago i read an article which stated that Durham was already investigating corruption by US officials in Ukraine. This isn't the one i read, but it covers the same information:

US Attorney John Durham looking into Ukrainian involvement in 2016 election

Curious don't you think, that Trump is asking the newly elected president of Ukraine to assist his DOJ in investigating the possible corruption of Biden, and look into Crowdstrike, etc... at the same time our DOJ is actively investigating events that took place in Ukraine? And yet you think that we are not investigating corruption by US officials in Ukraine?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2019, 09:56 AM

18,561 posts, read 7,375,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
If Congress has followed the Constitutional process (which you acknowledge), then it is legitimate and the cooperation is required. Getting the full House to authorize it would not make it any more "legitimate" than getting TEPLimey to authorize it.
The Constitution does not require the Executive to cooperate with the impeachment process. The Supreme Court, however, has ruled that if the full House authorizes the impeachment inquiry, then the Executive has to cooperate. That's only their opinion, take it for what it's worth, but it's all you've got.

You need full House authorization of the process if you want to require or compel cooperation with it.

Old 10-17-2019, 09:57 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
Or, translated to the real world:

I don't care if the President asks another national leader to look into an instance of possible corruption.
Well Sondland and Hill apparently testified that it wasn't related to "corruption" but Biden specifically. There is a huge difference between the two. But I suspect you are well aware of that fact.

Old 10-17-2019, 10:18 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,798,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
We will, in due time. Unless you think Barr and Durham are just twiddling their thumbs.

Barr and Durham are following the crumbs of corruption, to wherever they take them. Just a few weeks ago i read an article which stated that Durham was already investigating corruption by US officials in Ukraine. This isn't the one i read, but it covers the same information:

Curious don't you think, that Trump is asking the newly elected president of Ukraine to assist his DOJ in investigating the possible corruption of Biden, and look into Crowdstrike, etc... at the same time our DOJ is actively investigating events that took place in Ukraine? And yet you think that we are not investigating corruption by US officials in Ukraine?
The Washington Examiner? Yet another right wing conspiracy theory.
Meanwhile Sondland is on the hill singing like a canary to save his own hide. Isn't he the one that gave Trump a million bucks to become ambassador?

"I did not understand until much later, that Mr. Giuliani's agenda might have also included an effort to prompt the Ukrainian's to investigate Vice President Biden or his son or to involve Ukraine's, directly or indirectly , in the presidents 2020 re-election campaign." He also stated that Pompeo knew about it. Hasn't Pompeo's aid just quit and testified or is about to testify?

So you go back with you high hopes of digging up dirt in the right wing media. The dirt is right on my plate now and is far more interesting in the constant wait for it in right wing media. Want to talk about Uranium One? No? Clinton's emails? No? The Strzock text messages? No? The Nunes memo that was supposed to exonerate Trump? No? Yeah me neither. Reality is far more interesting and I see a lot more people going to jail.

Old 10-17-2019, 10:21 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
you think it's proper to exclude the Republicans in the House from participating in the impeachment process, until after the fact? This is not supposed to be a politically partisan affair.
This is just the inquiry. The impeachment hasn't begun until the House votes. The Republicans will get their chance to distract and stonewall, don't worry.

Quote:
Prior impeachment precedent has indeed treated impeachment of our president as a very serious undertaking, and they treated it with due process. Pelosi has tossed out two hundred years of precedent, and has tuned everything on its head.
If you don't think the Dems are serious, I don't know what to tell you.

Pelosi is following the Constitution and the House rules. If either of those need to be changed, there are processes for that.

Quote:
The hyper-partisanship commenced immediately after Trump was elected, when elected Democratic Party House members were already calling for Trump to be impeached.
Laughable.

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell summed up his plan to National Journal: “The single most important thing we want to achieve is for President Obama to be a one-term president.”

https://www.politico.com/story/2010/...-pledge-044311

I'm certain it started before then, even.

Old 10-17-2019, 10:24 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:

And how does Biden removing Shokin equate to "election interference" - which is the subject of that investigation?

Old 10-17-2019, 10:38 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,738,569 times
Perfect, the Democrats are finally taking a page from the Republican playbook!

Old 10-17-2019, 10:53 AM

37,222 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
DC is a complete embarrassment, how does Nancy think this makes anybody look good? Nancy supported Obama withdrawing from Iraq, now she wants to “make a stand” for Trump doing the same in Syria. These people will never solve our problems. USMCA, a trade deal that will benefit our economy, sits and rots on Pelosi’s desk while she makes a show. People are tired of it
Obama continued W's policy and timetable on withdrawal from Iraq in an orderly fashion, leaving units in place to train the Iraqis to take over for themselves. Trump abruptly abandoned the Kurds, who have long been our friends and allies, without so much as a "good bye".

One of these actions was honorable. The one someone picks as honorable says more about them than it does the action or the president involved.

Old 10-17-2019, 10:55 AM

996 posts, read 379,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Obama continued W's policy and timetable on withdrawal from Iraq in an orderly fashion, leaving units in place to train the Iraqis to take over for themselves. Trump abruptly abandoned the Kurds, who have long been our friends and allies, without so much as a "good bye".

One of these actions was honorable. The one someone picks as honorable says more about them than it does the action or the president involved.
What is most honorable is not to have to meet the family of a US Service member when the coffin is carried off the plane.

What is less honorable is authorizing killing after killing by drone from high in the sky.

Old 10-17-2019, 10:57 AM

37,222 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
So it's not a "House impeachment inquiry" at all, since 'the House' will not have any say in it. This is just Pelosi's get-Trump-witch-hunt, disguised as a House impeachment inquiry.
Call it what you want - a tea party, a barn raising, an air show, a circus - Fact remains that the witnesses are still lining up to testify about what they know. Some have approached the House and requested they be allowed to testify.

Most of America thinks the House impeachment inquiry is a real thing, and they overwhelmingly approve of it.

Last edited by cuebald; 10-17-2019 at 11:18 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies