Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2019, 01:03 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,559,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
With Mulvaney's comments today, so far the White House/Trump has said:

1) We don't know why the strategic aid was held up.
2) The strategic aid was held up because we wanted Europe to contribute more first.
3) The strategic aid was held up because we wanted Ukraine to root out more corruption first.
4) The strategic aid was held up but not to compel Ukraine to do anything first.
5) The strategic aid was held up to get Ukraine to investigate Democrats and the DNC server in 2016.

Am I missing any?
Well 3 and 5 are the same thing and 1 and 4 were talking specifically as it related to the phone call. 2 wasn't talking about aid being withheld, it was comments made in the phone call that continues to be lied about despite the contents of the call being public record.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2019, 01:04 PM

996 posts, read 379,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Keep wishing on that star. Politics has never been like that in my lifetime. I don't expect it to change any time soon. His opening statement, and any of his testimony that gets leaked is news. Period.

Sorry, that's not how Congressional Committee investigations work. This isn't new. We can talk about how things "should be" all day long.

Who says she's acting with "power not conveyed to her"? Everything currently happening is within the Constitution and the rules of the House of Reps. That you or I might not like it is irrelevant. The Constitution is silent on impeachment inquiries - thus the majority part in the House can conduct it in any manner they wish.

No, you want it to be different. It's not actually different.

Sorry, it isn't " news". It is part of a political action , part of propaganda and selective " reporting" by the media to fit their agenda. Leaks are cowardly displays of weakness and fear of the truth.

What " should be" is what is best for the people. When you lose sight of that objective the lines of discretion become blurred.

Nancy Pelosi is not the " House of Representatives ? Why? Simple. Because you do not have to be a member of the House to be a Speaker. That's in the Constitution. You can be a Dog Catcher or a Manager of an Ice Cream shop. She does not have the power of the House of Reprenattives, she only " speaks " FOR them.

We don't know what the " majority " of the House on this issue is without a vote.

Old 10-17-2019, 01:07 PM

37,222 posts, read 19,219,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuele View Post
Sorry, it isn't " news". It is part of a political action , part of propaganda and selective " reporting" by the media to fit their agenda. Leaks are cowardly displays of weakness and fear of the truth.

What " should be" is what is best for the people. When you lose sight of that objective the lines of discretion become blurred.

Nancy Pelosi is not the " House of Representatives ? Why? Simple. Because you do not have to be a member of the House to be a Speaker. That's in the Constitution. You can be a Dog Catcher or a Manager of an Ice Cream shop. She does not have the power of the House of Reprenattives, she only " speaks " FOR them.

We don't know what the " majority " of the House on this issue is without a vote.
My guess is, the majority approves of the proceedings, or they would have filed a motion to stop them.

Old 10-17-2019, 01:08 PM

25,447 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuele View Post

However, she has a Constitutionally-mandated right to hold this inquiry without taking a formal vote.

Old 10-17-2019, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
My guess is, the majority approves of the proceedings, or they would have filed a motion to stop them.
Absolutely what a rapist would say, "She consented by not stopping me, she'd have fought harder if she didn't want it"

Old 10-17-2019, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbythegreat View Post
Absolutely what a rapist would say, "She consented by not stopping me, she'd have fought harder if she didn't want it"
This ain't rape. Terrible analogy.

Old 10-17-2019, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
This ain't rape. Terrible analogy.
I didn't say it was, I merely pointed out that it was rapist logic.... which it is.

If you are fine using the logic of a rapist then have at it.

Old 10-17-2019, 01:21 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,279,548 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeaMaj7 View Post
"American patriotic democrats"?

You can lie to yourself all you want, but don't try to feed that line of CRAP to me.
That is what I am. And anyone saying different is full of CRAP.

Old 10-17-2019, 01:23 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,389,243 times
Quote:
I didn't say it was, I merely pointed out that it was rapist logic.... which it is.

Weak.

Old 10-17-2019, 01:23 PM

Quote:

I'm not the one who posted the rapist logic. Where do you even get this stuff?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies