Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 11:52 AM

31,848 posts, read 17,624,362 times

Advertisements

Damn Visigoths.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2019, 11:52 AM

16,603 posts, read 8,622,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
no description of the 20-on-1 attackers. odd..

https://www.kcrg.com/content/news/Po...563139471.html
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Yeah... pretty sure that group is not comprised of the type of people goodthinkers are supposed to be concerned about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacommonwealth View Post
I don't think I saw anything on the national news about the Minneapolis attack. races reversed FBI civil rights investigation
While I know what you'll are assuming (bunch of black or minority kids attacking a white kid), neither video report nor the written portion said that was the case.
That of course would be part of what you'll are getting at, but do we know for certain (from some source) that it was a black on white crime?

`

Old 10-18-2019, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
While I know what you'll are assuming (bunch of black or minority kids attacking a white kid), neither video report nor the written portion said that was the case.
That of course would be part of what you'll are getting at, but do we know for certain (from some source) that it was a black on white crime?

`
Is it lost on you that if they were white kids - it would have been reported as '20 white kids attacked a white boy'???

Old 10-18-2019, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
No, we're protesting against the blatant double-standard of liberals and the media (but I repeat myself). If 20 black people attack 2 white people, the attackers are described as "youths." But if 20 white people attack 2 black people, the attackers are described as "a mob of racist white people committing a hate crime." Everyone knows that these two scenarios would be reported dramatically differently, and we are frustrated that the media steadfastly refuses to admit it.
Serious question.

Why do you think that is?

`

Old 10-18-2019, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Is it lost on you that if they were white kids - it would have been reported as '20 white kids attacked a white boy'???
That aside, that is not what I asked now, is it?

`

Old 10-18-2019, 01:34 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,643,864 times
Quote:
Serious question.

Why do you think that is?

`

You answered your own question in your post right above this one. Journalists don't want to state the races involved when it's black-on-white crime because they don't want to stigmatize black people as being criminals. They prefer to maintain the narrative that white people are irredeemably racist and black people are perpetual victims. Maybe that was true 100 years ago, or even 50 years ago; but the evidence that stares us in the face concerning the relative frequency of black-on-white versus white-on-black crime suggests that things have undergone a dramatic change. But for whatever reason, liberals (of which most journalists are) just can't bring themselves to admit this.

Old 10-18-2019, 01:36 PM

Quote:
That aside, that is not what I asked now, is it?

`
Here's my answer to your question.

No, we do not know with certainly that this is black on white crime. But we can be pretty sure the attackers were not white or it would have been mentioned.

Old 10-18-2019, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bus man View Post
You answered your own question in your post right above this one. Journalists don't want to state the races involved when it's black-on-white crime because they don't want to stigmatize black people as being criminals. They prefer to maintain the narrative that white people are irredeemably racist and black people are perpetual victims. Maybe that was true 100 years ago, or even 50 years ago; but the evidence that stares us in the face concerning the relative frequency of black-on-white versus white-on-black crime suggests that things have undergone a dramatic change. But for whatever reason, liberals (of which most journalists are) just can't bring themselves to admit this.
Actually I should have been more specific with my question.

I am not asking why most of the MSM is liberal in their reporting, as that is self evident (though obviously not professional).

I was asking if you can think of other reasons they report such incidents in the manner they do. I can think of at least two others, both interrelated.

`

Old 10-18-2019, 01:52 PM

16,560 posts, read 10,643,864 times
Quote:
Actually I should have been more specific with my question.

I am not asking why most of the MSM is liberal in their reporting, as that is self evident (though obviously not professional).

I was asking if you can think of other reasons they report such incidents in the manner they do. I can think of at least two others, both interrelated.

`

The only other thing I can think of is that there is a segment of the white population that seems to be ashamed of their whiteness. It's as if they assume responsibility for all the bad things that white people have done in history, without realizing that they are not to blame for the actions of their ancestors, and without taking credit for the good things that white people have done. I really can't understand this form of self-loathing, but it does seem be a rather common trait amongst some on the Left.

Old 10-18-2019, 01:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Here's my answer to your question.

No, we do not know with certainly that this is black on white crime. But we can be pretty sure the attackers were not white or it would have been mentioned.
I am not disagreeing in general with the principle of why most MSM outlets exclude race with it is black on white crime.
However I am saying that before we jump to such conclusions (like knee-jerk liberals do), we should get the facts first.

BTW - I know you mis-typed your reply, as the report most likely would not have mentioned race if the attackers were all white either.
Just as they do not mention race when it is black on black or brown on brown crime.
It is only when white people attack minorities is race prominently mentioned, even when the crime has nothing to do with race.

`
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies