Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2019, 09:07 PM

9,569 posts, read 5,628,150 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Anything the government gets too involved in becomes too expensive, inefficient, and the quality of service suffers greatly.
Tell that to those on Medicare & Medicaid and the VA who don't have these issues of it being "too expensive, inefficient, and the quality of service suffers greatly."

Old 10-16-2019, 09:09 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Yeah, they've got you suckers over a barrel good. If you are playing along with their game and plan to continue to play it by paying that exorbitant fee every month, you're allowing yourself to be conned. Otherwise healthy adults have no reason to continue paying the extortion and the individual mandate was dropped for 2019. Cancel the coverage, save the money and take personal responsibility to stay away from the pills, doctors, and hospitals as best you can.
Some people don't have the choice. They are enslaved to the Obamacare con game. People getting subsidies have not problem enslaving others to Ocare as long as they get the subsidies. Myself, thankfully I planned for my future a long time prior to Obamacare which helped my ability to be positioned not to play.

Old 10-16-2019, 09:11 PM

19,387 posts, read 6,508,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanAdventurer View Post
Yeah, they've got you suckers over a barrel good. If you are playing along with their game and plan to continue to play it by paying that exorbitant fee every month, you're allowing yourself to be conned. Otherwise healthy adults have no reason to continue paying the extortion and the individual mandate was dropped for 2019. Cancel the coverage, save the money and take personal responsibility to stay away from the pills, doctors, and hospitals as best you can.
But what happens if I'm driving tomorrow and someone - probably a liberal - crashes his car into me and I end up in the hospital with a $200,000 bill? I need to have insurance.

Old 10-16-2019, 09:11 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
It seems you misunderstood. Why would you need to replace it with anything at all? Explain why we can't simply repeal the ACA.
It would take healthcare away from 20 million at least. Health insurance plans would be able to deny anyone with pre existing issues. Repealing it is just not that simple as you like to believe.

Old 10-16-2019, 09:15 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,745,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
It would take healthcare away from 20 million at least. Health insurance plans would be able to deny anyone with pre existing issues. Repealing it is just not that simple as you like to believe.
Not denying pre-exising issues is one thing that even people who are against Obamacare agree with. Imagine paying for insurance for years and when you need it they deny you. That is exactly what happens with the safety net, we pay all their working lives for it but when needed we are denied, only poor people qualify. People don't understand Medicare/Medicaid until it's too late.

Obama and Dems didn't have to wipe out the entire system for the pre-existing issue. In fact, Obama and Dems gave insurance companies guaranteed business. Nothing like rewarding them for it.

Old 10-16-2019, 09:16 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,148,043 times
Quote:
Does your car insurance offer coverage on pre-existing damage? Health coverage was far better and cheaper than it is under the ACA. I remember very well.

Old 10-16-2019, 09:17 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Not denying pre-exising issues is one thing that even people who are against Obamacare agree with. Imagine paying for insurance for years and when you need it they deny you. That is exactly what happens with the safety net but people don't understand Medicare/Medicaid until it's too late.

But Obama and Dems didn't have to wipe out the entire system for the pre-existing issue. In fact, Obama and Dems gave insurance companies guaranteed business. Nothing like rewarding them for it.
So let's move on. What is the republican plan? No one has an answer for this.

Old 10-16-2019, 09:17 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,615,202 times
Quote:
Does your car insurance offer coverage on pre-existing damage? Health coverage was far better and cheaper than it is under the ACA. I remember very well.
That's a false equivalency. You can replace a car, you can't replace your body

Old 10-16-2019, 09:18 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,148,043 times
Quote:
So let's move on. What is the republican plan? No one has an answer for this.
I already answered. No replacement is needed.

Old 10-16-2019, 09:20 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,615,202 times
Quote:
I already answered. No replacement is needed.
Yes, it is. Single payer is needed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.