Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2019, 06:09 PM

15,074 posts, read 10,108,006 times

Advertisements

Raising the temp only burns your coils... Tastes like crap... Pretty disgusting.... And no it doesn't produce more vape. Most cloud chasers (for the most part are the minority) are using coils that match the higher wattages.

Smoking lower wattages isn't going to protect you from vape juice that is tainted with dangerous ingredients.

Let's not spread misinformation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-13-2019, 06:16 PM

9,639 posts, read 6,020,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthews678 View Post
Hello,

I have heard there have been a number of incidents in NJ along with a lot nationwide regarding people getting sick from vaping. Have they figured out if it's the actual THC/Nicotine product that is being smoked or is the problem the actual product that is being smoked (cartridge, pen, or whatever). Confusing to me and alarming at the same time because a couple of weeks ago I smoked one of those Silo cartridges with THC liquid straight from a medical marijuana facility in NY. Now I'm worried I'll get sick too.

If anyone has any additional knowledge or experience on this, I'd appreciate it. I have Googled it much but that's implicit as well and have not seen personal stories

Thanks
Some are being cut with either vitamin c or d, I can’t remember right now. Either way, when it’s heated in the vape it turns to arsenic.

This is mostly black market suppliers.

Old 11-14-2019, 12:46 AM

8,278 posts, read 6,277,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Here is the problem though, cigarettes we know what are in most unless you talk the mob cigarettes (which despite having higher and higher taxes has been largely nil.) Vape juice due to a vast amount of black market copies (unlike perfume, these do not say our inspiration of...) we see. I have a feeling most of these were the vape juices used regardless if they were THC or not. Is it possible the name brands are the culprit too, sure but the black market copies have far more harmful chemicals in them.

The other thing is it is certainly possible that those that vape vape at a higher temperature since a good number allow users to raise temperature. The "benefit" of it is the stupid smoke blazes that come from exhaling. That said raising the temperature puts more people at risk of inhaling more chemicals including the vitamin E oil.
It doesnt matter.

Look at the math.1300 deaths a day from one product, and according to the CDC 30 times more living with smoking related illnesses.
39 deaths total, 2000 illnesses from the other.

People with some knowledge have said from the beginning, vaping oil is bad for lung health. So as an additive it should be eliminated, water based and alcohol based flavorings are fine. Sure there may be other toxic contaminants, but one would hope that its unintended, not like adding vitamin E because it's a vitamin and therefore "healthy". Even so, some toxic contaminant risk is still better than known toxic contaminant exposure (vaping compared to smoking).

I don't even know why I'm trying to explain this, because the figures are so ridiculously one sided that to even suggest getting your nicotine fix from tobacco over vape needs a innumerate to choose tobacco. If that innumerate is going to be doing the math to determine my anesthesia by body weight, I want a different doc.

Old 11-14-2019, 02:33 AM

12,275 posts, read 7,144,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Let me help- don't consume products from china
Even Chinese people themselves avoid items made there whenever possible.

Old 11-14-2019, 04:06 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohhwanderlust View Post
Even Chinese people themselves avoid items made there whenever possible.

This is the biggest problem. People vaping counterfeit crap made in China and elsewhere. I've never smoked anything, nor vaped so I have no axe to grind, but what I have seen in the Media is a full blown smear campaign against vaping using the same old emotional "it's for the children" tactic the Left uses in most other fake news smear campaigns. Who is backing this? What financial interests are behind this smear campaign? Tobacco companies? Governmental efforts for more taxation?

Old 11-14-2019, 04:35 AM

8,382 posts, read 4,371,285 times
It might possibly be putting crap in your lungs that don't belong there.

Old 11-14-2019, 06:30 AM

13,966 posts, read 5,630,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Drawing toxins into their lungs.
Winner.

/golfclap

That is the beginning, middle and end of the story. Drawing toxins into your body is bad, m'kay. Don't do bad stuff to your body, m'kay.

Old 11-14-2019, 06:33 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,908,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gungnir View Post
It doesnt matter.

Look at the math.1300 deaths a day from one product, and according to the CDC 30 times more living with smoking related illnesses.
39 deaths total, 2000 illnesses from the other.

People with some knowledge have said from the beginning, vaping oil is bad for lung health. So as an additive it should be eliminated, water based and alcohol based flavorings are fine. Sure there may be other toxic contaminants, but one would hope that its unintended, not like adding vitamin E because it's a vitamin and therefore "healthy". Even so, some toxic contaminant risk is still better than known toxic contaminant exposure (vaping compared to smoking).

I don't even know why I'm trying to explain this, because the figures are so ridiculously one sided that to even suggest getting your nicotine fix from tobacco over vape needs a innumerate to choose tobacco. If that innumerate is going to be doing the math to determine my anesthesia by body weight, I want a different doc.
As I said, we largely know all the toxins in cigarettes and many people still think you don't actually die from smoking unless you talk an explosion or you light yourself on fire with it. Both are rather rare mind you. The issue with the vape illnesses is we finally realize what oil could do it, but because we now had to look at it, we realize that vape isn't all that safer, especially with the knock off copycat packages. I suggest tracking down last night's NBC Nightly News, they ran a pretty good story on these style vape juices and what is in them and how close to being real the packaging looks.

Old 11-14-2019, 06:35 AM

2,267 posts, read 1,946,248 times
I'd look at big tobacco, they surely have lost a lot of money here.

Old 11-14-2019, 07:44 AM

29,520 posts, read 22,668,047 times
Some 17 year old needed a lung transplant due to vaping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies