Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 09:08 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,461,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ech-hits-sque/
Quote:
“This is not decay. It is organized destruction,” he said.

“Secularists and their allies among the ‘progressives’ have marshaled all the force of mass communications, popular culture, the entertainment industry and academia in an unremitting assault on religion and traditional values.”
Another conspiracy theory.

Nobody's marshalling anything, it's just organic change. Attitudes and norms swing one way, then swing another, it's always like that. Barr is trying to make some kind of sinister plot out of it, but there is no plot.

He needs to invent some boogeyman under the bed to scare people, that's what they do best, pitch fear.

Old 10-18-2019, 09:09 AM

25,451 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
It's one thing to welcome people in to your congregation you have differences - some times extreme differences - and an entirely other thing to celebrate a lifestyle that most Americans don't live.
If you don't want to embrace a certain lifestyle, then don't. You don't get to judge what the right lifestyle is for everybody else though. It's called acceptance and diversity.

Old 10-18-2019, 09:11 AM

17,311 posts, read 12,260,346 times
Quote:
I said the death of spirituality has had a profoundly negative overall effect - i said it's a big component to the insanity in America today. I didn't say it's the only component.

Go ahead and deny it...you know it's the truth.
How do you square that idea with the fact that crime rates are down? You must watch too much news that tells you about a stabbing on the other side of the country 5 minutes after it happens and thinking it affects you in any way.

Old 10-18-2019, 09:12 AM

25,451 posts, read 9,813,207 times
Quote:
I said the death of spirituality has had a profoundly negative overall effect - i said it's a big component to the insanity in America today. I didn't say it's the only component.

My friend, spirituality is not dead. So killing indigenous peoples, killing in the name of religion (i.e., Inquisition, burning "witches" at the stake), slavery, racism, etc. is spiritual life? Nah, not by a long shot. If having more acceptance and less judgment and allowing people to live their lives the way they see fit is death of spirituality, then bring it on. Believe me, America is insane today for sure, but it was equally or more insane during those horrific times.

Old 10-18-2019, 09:15 AM

10,275 posts, read 10,345,812 times
Quote:
The waning of organized religion is one of the best things that has happened on earth in my lifetime. I am thrilled to see that the vast majority of educated people have turned against fairy tales told by rapists and scam artists.

And society is much better off. Crime is down, people are healthier and happier, and they have more time to spend with their families than wasting time with fairy tales.

Old 10-18-2019, 09:16 AM

17,806 posts, read 13,703,655 times
All I know is that dude has grown some serious jowls since his first stint as AG. He looks like a bulldog without the underbite.

Old 10-18-2019, 09:16 AM

17,311 posts, read 12,260,346 times
Do you dispute that when society was most religious it was also much more brutal?

Old 10-18-2019, 09:18 AM

7,195 posts, read 5,729,801 times
The majority of people not choosing to attend the church of your choice and worship the way you'd like them to is not an attack on your religion.

Old 10-18-2019, 09:20 AM

5,984 posts, read 2,239,391 times
Quote:

I agree. Spirituality is a component but Spirituality does not have to mean Christian values. I separate spirituality and religion because the belief in a higher power is a human concept not a Christian value alone.

Spiritualty lives inside the person, religion is the gang affiliation and a label.

Old 10-18-2019, 09:23 AM

18,741 posts, read 7,617,731 times
Quote:
I think so. And some of the "christian" churches in the Twin Cities here now wave rainbow flags and have gone off in a very political direction - more about social engineering than they are about spiritual well-being.

And the Left wonders why we have people "going postal" and losing it. I think this is a very large component of it.
The 1st amendment says that government cannot influence religion. Not that religion can't influence govt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies