Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2019, 12:03 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,817,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
Are you really going to try pinning this on a president you don't like? The trend has been going upward I suspect for this entire century.

Try again: Why the Left Is Consumed With Hate
I don't know anyone on the left who is consumed with hate. However, I do know a certain someone occupying the Oval Office who is entirely consumed by hate.

Old 10-18-2019, 12:04 PM

10,098 posts, read 4,092,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
I know he's the AG. A Trump lackey for sure. Shame we can't have an AG who actually works for the country.
Barr was a Bush guy. The Bush's have zero use for Trump. Yet you claim he is a Trump lackey.

Old 10-18-2019, 12:05 PM

17,311 posts, read 12,263,996 times
Quote:
Are you really going to try pinning this on a president you don't like? The trend has been going upward I suspect for this entire century.

Try again: Why the Left Is Consumed With Hate
No, it's not the president's fault we elected him. It's ours. He's just a symptom.

Do you deny that he is a bully? Think he's a good role model, especially in a Christian context?

All the talk about things being too politically correct, losing religion, etc is just code for people being upset that they can't irrationally and publicly hate people without consequences.

Is someone telling you that you can't be religious? Or are you just upset that a rainbow flag is allowed to exist?

"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."

Live your own life, stop caring about how others want to live theirs. That should be a very conservative position. Religious right has corrupted the Republican party.

Last edited by notnamed; 10-18-2019 at 12:27 PM..

Old 10-18-2019, 12:15 PM

25,449 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Barr was a Bush guy. The Bush's have zero use for Trump. Yet you claim he is a Trump lackey.
He absolutely is. Seeing what he did with the Mueller report cemented it.

Old 10-18-2019, 12:28 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,819,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notnamed View Post

Live your own life, stop caring about how others want to live theirs. That should be a very conservative position. Religious right has corrupted the Republican party.
Not only do they believe they have the "freedom" to tell everyone else what they can and cannot do and control every aspect of everyone's private lives, they believe they are "persecuted" and a victim if anybody questions their authority.

I can't wait until this way of thinking no longer dominates politics in the USA. This is a big part of why people are so outraged about Trump. A few years ago, the authoritarian Christian Right was widely thought and perceived to be on its last legs. Now, in backlash against the same-sex marriage decision, legalization of marijuana, transgender visibility, etc it has sprung back to life and it's out for revenge. The radical religious right now dominates everything and is really the only voice that matters.

Old 10-18-2019, 12:35 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,469,729 times
"Look over here, not over there!"

Old 10-18-2019, 01:29 PM

4,195 posts, read 1,602,221 times
the Christian rights own behavior is alienating them from others period....look at their history the got into politics because of school busing (integration)..NOT over roe v wade..one of the few times Jesus got mad he threw out the "money changers" from the temple because a religious tax had to be paid with certain monies and other religious types cornered the market and price gouged them Jesus threw them out...the "prosperity gospel" is NOW not only a big deal but is endorsed by our fearless leader...pullllese..jesus in name only JINOs i believe behavior should also count and distrust those only good as a fear of hell...I am a christian but also believe a persons religion is about as personal as it gets..organizations are about control and power as the evangelicals are avidly demonstrating

Old 10-18-2019, 01:33 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
As expected, this article is vague and does not touch on true religious liberty. That is quite likely because Barr, like many, has a warped understanding of what religious liberty means, which does nothing more than jeopardize it further.

Old 10-18-2019, 01:34 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,181,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elvis44102 View Post
the Christian rights own behavior is alienating them from others period....look at their history the got into politics because of school busing (integration)..NOT over roe v wade..one of the few times Jesus got mad he threw out the "money changers" from the temple because a religious tax had to be paid with certain monies and other religious types cornered the market and price gouged them Jesus threw them out...the "prosperity gospel" is NOW not only a big deal but is endorsed by our fearless leader...pullllese..jesus in name only JINOs i believe behavior should also count and distrust those only good as a fear of hell...I am a christian but also believe a persons religion is about as personal as it gets..organizations are about control and power as the evangelicals are avidly demonstrating
Repped. Well said.

Old 10-18-2019, 02:03 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
Quote:
His actions - like the unsolicited love letter/job application to Trump - speak far louder than any previous work history could.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies