Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-26-2019, 05:45 PM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,680,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Yes especially after the ACA became law. The most misnamed law ever. hahaha
It should be known that I wanted true single payer, not the ACA. All the ACA was was a giveaway to the private insurance companies. It's still better than the old market where people with pre-existing conditions had to go without insurance altogether
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2019, 05:56 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,906,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
It should be known that I wanted true single payer, not the ACA. All the ACA was was a giveaway to the private insurance companies. It's still better than the old market where people with pre-existing conditions had to go without insurance altogether
Better for who? A select few? I agree with your post though. We could have had single payer but Pelosi and the Dems sold us out. As an Australian friend of mine laughingly says, "The Affordable care act helped a few million while screwing everyone else."

Vat tax and payroll tax to pay for a Universal single payer system. Just like Australia does...
Everyone has skin in the game.

Old 10-26-2019, 06:24 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,687,494 times
Quote:
People still get huge bills after insurance. How many people do you know that have zero deductible plans? The only one I knew is dead now
I paid 2 grand out of pocket for a 90k surgery. And lol my payment plan is $25 per month for 92 months, hahahaha. There's no interest so why not. It's billed to my card every month I don't even think about it. I could have come up with 2k to just pay it but screw it, hospitals will take anything payment wise.

This is what I mean....if you don't meet your deductible or whatever.....you're not going to die. You won't be thrown out on the street.

Old 10-26-2019, 06:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
I paid 2 grand out of pocket for a 90k surgery. And lol my payment plan is $25 per month for 92 months, hahahaha. There's no interest so why not. It's billed to my card every month I don't even think about it. I could have come up with 2k to just pay it but screw it, hospitals will take anything payment wise.

This is what I mean....if you don't meet your deductible or whatever.....you're not going to die. You won't be thrown out on the street.
92 months is almost 8 years, that's ridiculous. Btw, you know that if you don't pay your out of pocket portion in full at the time of billing, that even if you do make a payment arrangement, you can still be sent to collections and your credit ruined even if you made the arrangement

Old 10-26-2019, 06:44 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,616,178 times
Quote:
It's not enslaving others, you can cut that nonsense out now.
What would you call that when you force people at gunpoint to pay for your expenses?

Old 10-26-2019, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
What would you call that when you force people at gunpoint to pay for your expenses?
How many times do we have to go over this, no one is being forced at gunpoint to pay taxes. A few people have been arrested for purposely not paying their tax bills, but they knowingly broke the law

Old 10-26-2019, 06:48 PM

5,818 posts, read 2,687,494 times
Quote:
92 months is almost 8 years, that's ridiculous. Btw, you know that if you don't pay your out of pocket portion in full at the time of billing, that even if you do make a payment arrangement, you can still be sent to collections and your credit ruined even if you made the arrangement

That's not true. Hospitals will take anything because so many people don't pay. My payment plan is ridiculous, but I did it because I could. Why the hell not.

And thanks, but I know how to work my finances. It was almost 5 years ago and I still have 800+ credit.

Old 10-26-2019, 06:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister 7 View Post
[/b]

That's not true. Hospitals will take anything because so many people don't pay. My payment plan is ridiculous, but I did it because I could. Why the hell not.

And thanks, but I know how to work my finances. It was almost 5 years ago and I still have 800+ credit.
Actually it is true

Old 10-26-2019, 06:51 PM

26,694 posts, read 14,616,178 times
Quote:
How many times do we have to go over this, no one is being forced at gunpoint to pay taxes. A few people have been arrested for purposely not paying their tax bills, but they knowingly broke the law
Thank you so much. I didn’t know this is voluntary.

This is disingenuous beyond belief here.

Old 10-26-2019, 06:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeexplorer View Post
Thank you so much. I didn’t know this is voluntary.

This is disingenuous beyond belief here.
Nope. Paying the bill the Department of Revenue sends you is the law, no disingenuity involved. Just facts
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies