Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2019, 05:08 PM

48 posts, read 17,254 times

Advertisements

I'm a Democrat, a Catholic Democrat. But for other Democrats who think this next election is a sure fire bet and America will go back to normal I may be the first telling you this but you may be wrong.

Here is what I know or think I know. All the stats say the wealthy received the biggest tax cut in history. Then all the stats say the Economy is healthy and booming with record unemployment and rising wages. Now, whether I agree with the stats or not is not the question that is how it is portrayed. Typically, in American History a President is given a second term when it looks this good. (Mind you I disagree with how it looks but that is what the media directors are presenting.)

That all works in Trump's favor. Then the top candidates may not be as strong to the general public as they are to their individual niche markets. I'm thinking Warren and Sanders. With Joseph Biden speaking to a broader audience, realistically he is old and speaks from a different era.

So, yes, Trump might get a second term. What do you think? What will you do? Is America ever going to be the same again?

For me I'll vote for any Democrat running against him. But when election night comes a year from now and potentially Trump wins don't say you didn't hear it from somewhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2019, 05:09 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
I don't know ONE democrat that thinks the election is in the bag.

Old 11-03-2019, 05:13 PM

8,957 posts, read 2,559,282 times
It's not just possible that Trump is re-elected, it's all but a certainty at this point for just the reasons you mentioned. The economy, unemployment, rising wages along with the fact that the DNC candidates are a complete joke and you get 4 more years of Trump and likely the Republicans taking back the House.

If you'd have told me these things would happen before 2016, I'd have called you a liar, but here we are. The DNC forced Hillary, the only person Trump could have beaten, on everyone and now we've got unelectable garbage like Warren, Biden, and Bernie going against him. If I didn't know better, I'd think they were throwing the election on purpose.

Old 11-03-2019, 05:15 PM

7,132 posts, read 4,769,652 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Questioner1981 View Post
So, yes, Trump might get a second term. What do you think? What will you do? Is America ever going to be the same again?
Yes, Trump may get reelected. Or maybe not. Anybody who claims to know is full of it. Anything can happen between now and election day. One thing I do know, he will run an ugly campaign since he is full of lots of hate and ugliness to begin with.

I will vote against Trump. I am not thrilled with Warren but I would rather have her than Trump.

America is never going to be the same but it is not Trump's fault, it the fault of social media. It has allowed the proliferation of lies and conspiracy theories. It is just crazy what is going on with it. Trump and his gang are making great use of it to push their BS.

Old 11-03-2019, 05:17 PM

57,296 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Any president can do a tax cut, how hard is that. The tough part is spending cuts and reducing the deficit, that takes talent and compromise. Trump has failed on just about every campaign promise but the economy is excellent in spite of him, for some but not all.

Old 11-03-2019, 05:17 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,198,692 times
They are running a field of Unlikeable Unelectable candidates at this points. The Moderates have no chance as of today
They lack a strong Candidate like an Obama or Clinton.

The more they push the "Peach foty 5" the more people will vote against the Democrats. Independents, Libertarians and even moderate Dems.

This Impeachment mess may hurt them big time for a long time.

Old 11-03-2019, 05:18 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Trump is in a unique spot since he is being looked at for impeachment where he could be a rare incumbent to win despite an OK economy. That said, the economy is key and depending on which metric you look at, it isn't good for Trump or is good for Trump. It is very merky, especially for an incumbent.

Old 11-03-2019, 05:19 PM

2,486 posts, read 1,420,277 times
Trump WILL be re-elected.One main reason is the democrats are almost totally obsessed with trying to criticise, derail, block, lie about, twist news stories, make fake news stories , obstruct, and anything else they can think off AND NOT BE FOCUSED ON THEIR JOBS OF BEING IN OFFICE.

Old 11-03-2019, 05:24 PM

4,627 posts, read 3,396,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Questioner1981 View Post
I'm a Democrat, a Catholic Democrat. But for other Democrats who think this next election is a sure fire bet and America will go back to normal I may be the first telling you this but you may be wrong.

Here is what I know or think I know. All the stats say the wealthy received the biggest tax cut in history. Then all the stats say the Economy is healthy and booming with record unemployment and rising wages. Now, whether I agree with the stats or not is not the question that is how it is portrayed. Typically, in American History a President is given a second term when it looks this good. (Mind you I disagree with how it looks but that is what the media directors are presenting.)

That all works in Trump's favor. Then the top candidates may not be as strong to the general public as they are to their individual niche markets. I'm thinking Warren and Sanders. With Joseph Biden speaking to a broader audience, realistically he is old and speaks from a different era.

For me I'll vote for any Democrat running against him. But when election night comes a year from now and potentially Trump wins don't say you didn't hear it from somewhere.
I am a lifelong (moderate) Democrat and I'd say that the 2020 election is Trump's to lose. As you said, he is the incumbent and unemployment is low. So advantage to Trump as there would be for any incumbent with the wind at their back so to speak.

I hope I am dead wrong and independents are sick of Trump and vote to dump him. But I am not holding my breath.

Old 11-03-2019, 05:27 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,782,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral_Weeks View Post
I am a lifelong (moderate) Democrat and I'd say that the 2020 election is Trump's to lose. As you said, he is the incumbent and unemployment is low. So advantage to Trump as there would be for any incumbent with the wind at their back so to speak.

I hope I am dead wrong and independents are sick of Trump and vote to dump him. But I am not holding my breath.
Agree 100%
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies