Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-06-2019, 07:03 AM

2,881 posts, read 6,090,152 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
SMH.

Black people need not to frequent these restaurants with their trash food anyway. Let them have it and all the health problems that come with it.
'Their trash food'. Please, American food overall is processed garbage and you have to pay MORE to get organic offerings. There is no 'their food', it's 'our food' (American) and you trying to make an actual distinction won't change that. This country is large in more ways than one.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2019, 07:07 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
Yup. And if a Jew skimmed news articles looking for a minor incident of antisemitism and posted about it here, the very people who are accusing everybody and everything of racism would tell the Jew to stop playing the victim card.

Oh, the hypocrisy.
Why are we talking about anything hypothetical and not what happened? Why are you bringing up Jews?

I was just reading the Detroit News, like I do daily, and the article was prominent on the the papers website. I don't know if that qualifies as skimming news articles looking for minor incidence. I just thought it was controversial, which you are obviously demonstrating that it is. I am sure that I can google and find tons of stuff to post if that were my intentions.

Old 11-06-2019, 07:07 AM

21,934 posts, read 9,508,101 times
Sounds like another Smollett type hoax to me.

Old 11-06-2019, 07:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
Sounds like another Smollett type hoax to me.

Could be....that is why I said "If its true". There have certainly been enough bogus claims of racism purposely done not to automatically question the validity of new claims. That's a possibility. The other possibility is that it is a continuation of the over 300 year pattern of racism against blacks.

Old 11-06-2019, 07:17 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Been to restaurants where people didn't want to sit next to a table with young children. I have also been in places where people wanted a table as far away from other customers as possible.
I am in a mixed race marriage and have been stared at. Usually by old white women. The world is filled with people who for different reasons, including racism make choices everyday. By far my worst experiences is with bible banging white women. Asking my daughters is they believe in 1 god or if they worship animals. WTF.They are Buddhist . LOL

Old 11-06-2019, 07:21 AM

I don't know which is sadder. The fact that racist people like this are still prevalent or the fact that there are people who get MORE upset that racism was exposed than they get that racism is actually happening.

Old 11-06-2019, 07:26 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,165,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
https://www.detroitnews.com/story/ne...move/40555631/

If this story is true, then all I can say is that the customer had to be a great tipper. Why else would the customer have the power or pull to keep blacks from sitting near him. I am pretty sure that the customer is not a racist though and that there is really some OTHER reason than race. Maybe he just wants to sit near people with the same values and from two parent homes and good schools and he KNOWS that all the blacks in that area don't meet that criteria, by having personally met them all.
When the waiter asked what color he was, I guess the waiter was blind.. I would have responded " I am white" lol..

We have to lighten up on these crazy stories.. as if skin color matters today.

I eat with black people at the same table and they chew the same as I do.. and the conversation is great.

Old 11-06-2019, 07:26 AM

73,020 posts, read 62,622,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Everybody and EVERYTHING is RACIST. If you just accept that, you will sleep better at night.
Wild guess, you side with the person who complained about Black people.

Old 11-06-2019, 07:27 AM

11,027 posts, read 6,508,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
I don't know which is sadder. The fact that racist people like this are still prevalent or the fact that there are people who get MORE upset that racism was exposed than they get that racism is actually happening.
As usual, you’re taking a singular (and wobbly) case of discrimination and re-creating it into an institutional racism problem that follows your usual line of “everyone against the brother man”.

For every incident of a white racist prick asking to sit away from black people in a restaurant there’s an equally offensive story of black racist pricks committing violent acts of discrimination against white people all on their own. The numbers do not lie.

You’ll age yourself trying to stay ahead of this, OP. Good luck with your vendetta.

Old 11-06-2019, 07:29 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
That is some click bait garbage if I have ever read some. Employee fired...fake employee? If anything it was some loser employee with a racist agenda. The table was reserved.

But it worked for the website. They'll get a bunch of hits off this.
This story has been all over all local news for the past 24 hours.

The guests who were told to move are not seeking to profit from the incident.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies