Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2019, 10:34 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
How can they blandly say "conservatives once again upset" when the conservatives I know weren't asked? Another media bias stunt. I'm conservative and could care less what Starbucks puts on their cups. Had their coffee once and it tasted like the burnt bottom of a pot.

^^^^^This. My experience also. Nobody cares. Another made up accusation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-11-2019, 12:43 PM

46,964 posts, read 26,011,859 times
Quote:
How can they blandly say "conservatives once again upset" when the conservatives I know weren't asked?
There's a big, big world out there and things happen beyond your personal experience.

Old 11-11-2019, 12:55 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,390,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/s...ry-coffee-cups

Apparently "Merry Coffee" is offensive because it looks a lot like "Christmas" without actually saying it. Conservatives were outraged in 2015 by the plain red Starbucks cups and again in 2016 by the green "Unity" cups. Do you agree or disagree?
This "controversy" was manufactured by the Starbucks corporation. I did research on this and supposedly there was some Christian pastor (one, just one) somewhere who mentioned the cups publicly, in a sermon I think. That's hardly outrage coming from "conservatives" everywhere. Starbuck's loves publicity and when they make up stories they'll get it. Nobody cares about their cups. I'd venture to guess a lot of "conservatives" don't go to Starbuck's anyway, so why would they care about the cups. Starbuck's seems to appeal to a younger, hipster, mostly liberal type of crowd.

Starbuck's has failed to prove that anyone is outraged about their cups or that there's any controversy. They're making it all up.

In that link the OP posted, the article pulls out two tweets from customers who don't like the slogan "Merry Coffee." Which proves nothing, except they don't like the slogan "Merry Coffee."

Old 11-11-2019, 12:57 PM

13,480 posts, read 8,390,475 times
Quote:
How can they blandly say "conservatives once again upset" when the conservatives I know weren't asked? Another media bias stunt. I'm conservative and could care less what Starbucks puts on their cups.
Exactly.

Old 11-11-2019, 12:57 PM

30,383 posts, read 19,184,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/s...ry-coffee-cups

Apparently "Merry Coffee" is offensive because it looks a lot like "Christmas" without actually saying it. Conservatives were outraged in 2015 by the plain red Starbucks cups and again in 2016 by the green "Unity" cups. Do you agree or disagree?
i could care less what Starbucks does with their cups...I do like their coffee.

Old 11-11-2019, 12:58 PM

27,656 posts, read 16,147,064 times
Nobody cares...again. Quit falling for fake news and being all divisive about it. Who needs a handfull of fake russian trolls when you have corporate/state media driving people to hate?

Old 11-11-2019, 01:01 PM

5,462 posts, read 3,038,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachel976 View Post
I think it's cute, and I'm a Republican. And Jewish.
Of course, why wouldnt you like it.

Wouldnt you also love it when its called "winter break" or "holiday season" than "christmas break" at schools? Democrats work so hard to do such things for you.

And imo, merry coffee was pathetic. I m sliwly moving to illy or local brands and ditching sbx .

Old 11-11-2019, 01:05 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,377,888 times
A few conservatives post on social media and Fox News picks up on it. I'm not sure how extensive it is in the real world.

Having said that, all conservatives are statist scumbag Marxist snowflakes so I would thoroughly enjoy it if any, even if just one, was upset over it.

Old 11-11-2019, 01:34 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,259,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shanv3 View Post
Of course, why wouldnt you like it.

Wouldnt you also love it when its called "winter break" or "holiday season" than "christmas break" at schools? Democrats work so hard to do such things for you.

And imo, merry coffee was pathetic. I m sliwly moving to illy or local brands and ditching sbx .
I think most people don’t notice a difference. I certainly wouldn’t notice Christmas break vs winter break, except that our winter break is in February and Christmas break is in December. Holiday season? Christmas season? It’s all the same to me. I think it is to most normal people who grew up in America.

If you are paying attention to the difference in real life, you might just be too invested in this.

Old 11-11-2019, 01:48 PM

22 posts, read 9,486 times
Ploy twist: conservatives who entered this thread and said they don't care and/or haven't drank Starbucks in years... very much care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies