Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2019, 08:54 PM

284 posts, read 78,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbcmh81 View Post
Well, I'd send my long form birth certificate, but I hear Republicans think those are fake.

I don't expect to change anyone's mind. People only really change their minds when they decide to educate themselves.
Yes, education from weak and false sentiments. No thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-12-2019, 08:56 PM

16,345 posts, read 18,083,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Regardless. Stack the violations. So you have illegal entry, charge 1.
Residing without authorization, charge 2.
Working without authorization, charge 3.
Residing more than a year, charge 4.
Potentially using a stolen ID, charge 5.

Shall I go on with more “minor” charges?
Yes, you're free to keep listing fake charges.

Old 11-12-2019, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beautiful DC View Post
Yes, education from weak and false sentiments. No thank you.
I mean, when your only motivation is angry revenge, do you really need education or compelling debate?

Old 11-12-2019, 08:59 PM

589 posts, read 300,473 times
Hopefully, this nonsense will finally end. Hopefully, the SCOTUS will deem Obama did not have the authority to keep these illegal DACA here legally through his EO. Then we can start deporting these Illegals and send Obama to prison for treason since he is no longer in office.

Old 11-12-2019, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Are you a tax payer? Pick a side. I'm running with the side called American tax payers that are getting waxed by illegals. Or do you need that defined too?
First, can we see your tax returns for the past 7 years? I want to make sure you're paying enough in my arbitrarily determined view in order for you to have rights or an opinion.

Old 11-12-2019, 09:01 PM

50,347 posts, read 47,099,157 times
Quote:
Well, I'd send my long form birth certificate, but I hear Republicans think those are fake.

I don't expect to change anyone's mind. People only really change their minds when they decide to educate themselves.
We've had 40 years of "Education" on illegals. Why do you think we want the wall? Holy crap can anyone be this much in denial??? I live right on the border and have to deal with this crap on a daily basis. It has to stop.

If you actually pay taxes you should be FORCED to give extra to cover the costs of illegals. Maybe then you'll educate yourself to the spread sheet called illegal immigration. Only a real mushroom doesn't see what the costs actually are. You are either smoking shrooms or have skin in the game. No actual American wants this flood gate of tax payer rip off.

Old 11-12-2019, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scot892 View Post
Hopefully, this nonsense will finally end. Hopefully, the SCOTUS will deem Obama did not have the authority to keep these illegal DACA here legally through his EO. Then we can start deporting these Illegals and send Obama to prison for treason since he is no longer in office.
So EOs are illegal? I thought someone told me that wasn't the issue.

Old 11-12-2019, 09:02 PM

929 posts, read 400,009 times
Quote:

Educate us on what? lol...if you came here illegally then you are here illegally...even my 4 year old knows that lol..such a garbage response...

Old 11-12-2019, 09:03 PM

18,476 posts, read 15,266,337 times
Quote:
What would it say? I don't know, that our year-round rah rah American is special platitudes actually mean something? That Reagan's shining city on a hill was true? That we were better than other places?

But yeah, I get that these types of appeal-to-compassion-or-American-exceptionalism arguments don't work. So how about that addressing the system would solve a lot more than just potential abuse by immigrants, but create better finances long-term for all of those social safety net programs? Or that getting people documented and paying taxes is better than not? Or how about addressing the immigration system directly- in which almost none of the current undocumented immigrants would be allowed in under- would help make undocumented immigration less of an issue altogether? Take your pick. This idea that there cannot be any solution besides deportation is limited thinking.
You dont seem to understand how it works. “Getting people documented and paying taxes.” Only makes the situation better if they are the types of people who contribute more than they receive. If they receive more than they contribute in taxes, that makes the system worse, not better. Most of the people we are talking about are in the latter category. You make them documented, and then they are eligible for all those social services I mentioned in my previous post, and that is an unsustainable model.

There has to be a balance of skilled, highly paid people, to unskilled people on the low end of the pay scale. The wealthy and the middle class, pay for the social services for the poor. If you add unlimited amounts of poor people, then you have to raise taxes, and the middle class becomes poor people from all the taxes they will have to pay to support them. Then they will need to use more social services as well. And it works it’s way up the ladder to the upper middle class. There is a lot of talk on this forum about the dangers of the growing wealth gap. If you want to make it a whole lot worse, then flood the country with poor people. That will do the job real quick.

I am wealthy by most standards, but if I gave $1000 to every poor person I meet, I will become poor very quickly. I stay wealthy by not giving away all my money. That doesn’t mean I am not charitable, it just means I am not stupid. I give quite a bit to charity, but it is money that I can comfortably give without changing the lifestyle I want to live.

To hit closer to home, my biggest expense is my 3 children. They are my dependents. I buy them food, clothing, a big house in a good school district with high property taxes, summer camp, vacations, etc. If I had 10 kids, I would have a lot less money to do that kind of stuff. Even if they mowed lawns and worked at Burger King after school, to help out with the bills, it would still not be enough to cover their expenses. Forget about food and clothing that it wouldn’t even cover, but college alone costs enough that I would be paying hundreds of thousands of dollars a year to send them to school. Now, I could adjust my expectations and lifestyle, and not send them to college, or summer camp, and we could not go on vacations, but then I would be accepting a lower quality of life for myself and for them. If that is what you want for your family, that is your business and I wouldn’t judge you for it, but that is not what I want for myself or my family.

It is the same for your open borders policy. Sure, we could do it. But adding tens of millions of low skilled, poor people would lower the lifestyle of the current citizens who have to pay for all the new poor people who come here and need help from the government.

Old 11-12-2019, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
We've had 40 years of "Education" on illegals. Why do you think we want the wall? Holy crap can anyone be this much in denial??? I live right on the border and have to deal with this crap on a daily basis. It has to stop.

If you actually pay taxes you should be FORCED to give extra to cover the costs of illegals. Maybe then you'll educate yourself to the spread sheet called illegal immigration. Only a real mushroom doesn't see what the costs actually are. You are either smoking shrooms or have skin in the game. No actual American wants this flood gate of tax payer rip off.
lol... actual Americans disagree on almost every single issue out there. You're a hoot, dude.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies