Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-14-2019, 08:26 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
I believe they are drugged, I worked in a school yrs ago and a little boy who was about 12 was so zoned out on Prozac and Ritilin and guess what, his father was an MD, yes a legal drug pushing MD.
Given most mass shooters don’t survive, autopsy results are readily available. It is rare for one of these mass killers to be under the influence. Some, like the Sandy Hook and Parkland shooters refused medications.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2019, 08:30 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,748,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaminhealth View Post
As far as young kids being drugged, pharma has everyone drugged from cradle to grave and they work to keep those ready for the grave propped up with their drugs (another topic) but pertinent.
Everyone?

Need a hand with that broad brush?

About 7.5% of children, age 6-17 are medicated. Thus far, none have engaged in a sensational mass shooting.

Old 11-14-2019, 08:31 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishiis49 View Post
Unsure of your point? It's the media fault for reporting these crimes? The media should not report any school shooting? That will cause all school shootings to stop???
The media created this pandemic of school shootings by making them national news for days on end. How many days was Sandy Hook or Parkland talked about? At least a week if not more. By the media giving these events press coverage, it increases the incidents of gun violence at schools exponentially. Wikipedia school shootings in America. Until 1999, they largely were once a year. Now it is nearly 30 a year and most get talked about on the news.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
At some point you cannot blame the parents. I know some really good parents with many children and once in a while one of them turns out to be straight evil. No matter what you do that kid is straight up trouble. Gun safes don't do crap when your evil child knows how to open it from youtube. I know someone who conceals carry for the most part because their kid who left home early is violent and threatening. He even broke into the house and stole/sold Mom's wedding ring for drugs.
Well yeah. Like Sandy Hook's mother I blamed her for keeping the gun at home knowing he was prone to it. Unless she was totally blissfully unaware of the harsh reality. You know the "not my child" phenomenon. However, the kid did steal the gun and shot her up so there's that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Most mass shooters don’t expect to survive the incident and don’t.

Start with the end result, suicide and work backwards.
But here is the thing, it isn't just as simple as just a suicide. This is a "if I'm going down, y'all are coming with me" scenario. This is similar to workplace violence where a shooter will kill others who wronged him before killing himself than a school suicide like mentioned in the Pearl Jam song "Jeremy." Two different group of profiles entirely.

Quote:
Many posters here blame parents, anti- depressants, bullying, violent games etc. Anyone or anything other than the killer.

Only thing certain is most of these killers intended to kill themselves or achieve suicide by cop.
I do blame the killer but we have a culture that breeds this. It is not video games, the news cycle is far worse than the video games and movies that glorify gun violence. The culture also thinks semi-automatic weapons like an AR-15 or in this case a 45 semi-automatic handgun and bump stocks and large clips, magazine, cartridges or whatever you want to call them are permissible. To blame one and not the other is just plain wrong.

Old 11-14-2019, 08:39 PM

8,085 posts, read 5,251,365 times
Quote:
Everyone?

Need a hand with that broad brush?

About 7.5% of children, age 6-17 are medicated. Thus far, none have engaged in a sensational mass shooting.
+1.

Anyway, someone needed to mind her own business in a private medical matter. Especially with a minor in school. My Lord.

Old 11-14-2019, 08:43 PM

6,658 posts, read 4,748,387 times

Old 11-14-2019, 08:48 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
Multiple people were injured Thursday in a shooting at a Southern California high school, officials said. Not again

(Sorry about the typo on the state. My fingers were going fast and I can't fix it.)

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...oting-n1082231
Impossible. California has gun control.

Old 11-14-2019, 09:08 PM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
The media created this pandemic of school shootings by making them national news for days on end. How many days was Sandy Hook or Parkland talked about? At least a week if not more. By the media giving these events press coverage, it increases the incidents of gun violence at schools exponentially. Wikipedia school shootings in America. Until 1999, they largely were once a year. Now it is nearly 30 a year and most get talked about on the news.

Well yeah. Like Sandy Hook's mother I blamed her for keeping the gun at home knowing he was prone to it. Unless she was totally blissfully unaware of the harsh reality. You know the "not my child" phenomenon. However, the kid did steal the gun and shot her up so there's that...

But here is the thing, it isn't just as simple as just a suicide. This is a "if I'm going down, y'all are coming with me" scenario. This is similar to workplace violence where a shooter will kill others who wronged him before killing himself than a school suicide like mentioned in the Pearl Jam song "Jeremy." Two different group of profiles entirely.

I do blame the killer but we have a culture that breeds this. It is not video games, the news cycle is far worse than the video games and movies that glorify gun violence. The culture also thinks semi-automatic weapons like an AR-15 or in this case a 45 semi-automatic handgun and bump stocks and large clips, magazine, cartridges or whatever you want to call them are permissible. To blame one and not the other is just plain wrong.
semi-automatic weapons like an AR-15 or in this case a 45 semi-automatic handgun and bump stocks and large clips, magazine, cartridges or whatever you want to call them are permissible

in your words .... have been around for 100 years. How can that be the missing link?

Old 11-14-2019, 09:14 PM

18,739 posts, read 7,613,748 times
What are the chances we will find out this kid was taking prescription antidepressants, and in the last few weeks he went off his meds?

Alternatively... what are the chances that this is true about his meds, and we WON'T find out?

Old 11-14-2019, 10:22 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
semi-automatic weapons like an AR-15 or in this case a 45 semi-automatic handgun and bump stocks and large clips, magazine, cartridges or whatever you want to call them are permissible

in your words .... have been around for 100 years. How can that be the missing link?
No I stated the missing link but why should those tools that shouldn't be needed make it easier. If you can shoot a target in five shots (the most you'd find at a boy Scout range) you should spend more time on the range. The problem we see is people who commit.this act use it to spray bullets and potentially hit more targets, not accuracy on specific targets.

Old 11-14-2019, 10:29 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Insofar as he didn't get his hands on an assault rifle, this is a relative success... Looks like handgun; hence two dead instead of ten to twenty.

Sad that we have to look on two deaths and half a dozen wounded as a relative success, but this is America: we're a poor, hopelessly cursed nation where life and safety are not valued.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies