Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2019, 07:38 PM

1,216 posts, read 1,084,809 times

Advertisements

Wishful thinking, bah humbug......Landslide 2020

Old 11-16-2019, 07:39 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,939,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I don't know that the money deal will work out for him.

Only properties that are money makers are his DC hotel and Mar-a-Lago. Maybe the golf courses he frequents. Hard to imagine many being willing to pay up to hob nob with a guy who is no longer President.

Trump organization consists of a lot of properties that are investment intensive with large overhead costs. Who knows who is financing them now, but how long will that continue?

The Trump brand is toast. They are crow barring his name off of buildings.

Given the scrutiny future business deals will involve, probably laundering money for Russian oligarchs and drug cartels is out.
They're crow barring his name off buildings in NY. His brand is still more than fine with half the country, they won't turn on him.

If they 'let him off the hook' in some of the lawsuits? That just might be a dealmaker. ( granted ~ how would I know? Just contemplating. )

Old 11-16-2019, 07:50 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,702,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
They're crow barring his name off buildings in NY. His brand is still more than fine with half the country, they won't turn on him.

If they 'let him off the hook' in some of the lawsuits? That just might be a dealmaker. ( granted ~ how would I know? Just contemplating. )
Uh, the brand is "fine" with the very people that never bought his condos or stayed at "branded" properties. His Miami (Doral) is failing and that's an extremely hot market.

I don't think Trump properties are big in Alabama but maybe I am wrong???

This is why they are looking at Russia, Turkey, etc. for possible expansion later because they are done in the USA. It would be like having the "Richard Nixon School of Law" or something.

Old 11-16-2019, 07:53 PM

15,882 posts, read 6,586,699 times
He needed an artificial ego extender implanted.

Old 11-16-2019, 07:56 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,702,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjshae View Post
He needed an artificial ego extender implanted.
I don't buy any conspiracies but at the same time sooner or later a human being feels what is happening...even a guy who has gone through life never having an idea of it.

This is the entertaining part of the Reality Show. No one truly knows how it will end. It's a random thing. Using Occam's Razor it won't be very exciting. That is, it will be like Epstein (not the dead part) where we expect this earth shattering justice to occur and then....realize it's not gonna happen.

Old 11-16-2019, 08:01 PM

32,133 posts, read 15,120,742 times
No way Trump would resign. He loves the power too much. And he's all about people feeding his ego.

Old 11-16-2019, 08:01 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,550,354 times
I am not a big fan of making predictions regarding politics. We see threads that get resurrected all the time when one side of the other says something that, in hindsight, seems pretty silly. The truth is none of us knows what is about to happen. Election Night 2016 should have taught us that. However, I think I can safely say Trump is not about to resign. There has to be more than just a scribble on the wall before that happens and my hunch is that Trump will never resign until Barry Goldwater's ghost visits him in the Oval Office.

I actually think there is a slightly better chance that 67 Senators vote for impeachment before he resigns, not saying that will happen.

For sun, if any of us knows how to have a light hearted moment, we should start a thread..... what's more to happen, Trump resigns or Jesus comes back and starts a rock band/Sylvester Stallone wins Best Actor/Cleveland Browns win the Super Bowl or some other wacky thing

Old 11-16-2019, 08:04 PM

13,240 posts, read 4,939,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Uh, the brand is "fine" with the very people that never bought his condos or stayed at "branded" properties. His Miami (Doral) is failing and that's an extremely hot market.

I don't think Trump properties are big in Alabama but maybe I am wrong???

This is why they are looking at Russia, Turkey, etc. for possible expansion later because they are done in the USA. It would be like having the "Richard Nixon School of Law" or something.
All I'm saying is his businesses in this country will not suffer if he resigns & the conflict of interests will disappear. As president, he cannot really expand into other countries because of the conflict. His businesses in other countries will not suffer either. If he could plea bargain some of the lawsuits down, I think he would. I dunno if that would ever be on the table. If he were my Father or Grandfather, I'd want him to resign.

Old 11-16-2019, 08:05 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,560,617 times
Trump will never leave the White House on peaceful terms. If he doesn't win in 2020 he would torch the place before accepting his loss.

Old 11-16-2019, 08:07 PM

18,561 posts, read 7,396,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
He checked in unexpectedly to Walter Reed today for a "partial physical". Is this a preparation to resign for "health reasons" and be pardoned by Pence . . . .
Since there's is no imaginable crime for him to be pardoned for, your hypothesis can't be true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies