Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2019, 04:21 AM

3,730 posts, read 1,768,035 times

Advertisements

You can spin it all you want to defend homosexuality but if you believe in God

marriage is covenant between a man and a woman that become one flesh. The marriage of homosexuals and lesbians, men with men and women with women, is an abomination against God and a perversion against nature.

Quote:
The Census Bureau estimates about 1 million same-sex married and unmarried couples are living together nationwide, according to new figures released Tuesday.
https://www.rollcall.com/news/policy...-households-us
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2019, 04:35 AM

39,079 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post

marriage is covenant between a man and a woman that become one flesh. The marriage of homosexuals and lesbians, men with men and women with women, is an abomination against God and a perversion against nature.

That bolded seems doubtful. It is more a manifestation of nature as same sex attraction is found in some individuals in many animal species and certainly in every human culture. We still can't explain why, but it is clearly "natural". Maybe we will know someday but until then there is always the ignorance and hate of religion to provide the answer.

Old 11-20-2019, 05:11 AM

1,687 posts, read 1,283,541 times
Gay people shouldn't be bothered or harrassed. Nobody should be. However, I will not approve turn-table bullying.

There's laws that say I shouldn't not-hire, fire, hit, vandalize the stuff or, yell slurs at people because they gay. That's fine, those are good laws.

But try as they might (and they're trying real hard in some places) there is no law that can make us love, praise, worship them and, adopt that as OUR lifestyle.

The decline, in my not-so-humble opinion, is not the 1 million same sex households, probably about 5 million individuals ...it's more because of the unwieldly influence that 5 million has over the other 345 million.

I don't like that the gay agenda is promoted as normal, even to grade school children. In games, comics now, TV shows, et al...

I don't like that, because it exists in nature, that it is should be considered normal. You know what else exists in nature? ebola, diahrhea(sp?), vomiting. Yea, technically natural but, rare, very gross and, it will not be embraced.

I don't like this:
GAYS: We want want a lack of intrusion in our bedrooms (ok, fine, makes perfect sense)
ALSO GAYS: We want a parade to show everybody what we do in the bedroom (.....)

I have no respect for any group so small, that so petulantly demands the overwhelming majority cater to them.

...and gay or straight, it's hard to respect, on an intellectual level, a person who's defining feature is what type of genitals they like. What about your job? Ever ran a marathon? Or you ever helped anybody on the side of the road? Do you even have a hobby? Were your illustrations put up in a storefront cuz' the proprietor thought they would attract business?

It's my God-given right not to like or adopt the gay lifestyle and, it's my 1st Ammendment right (if that even applies anymore apparently) to say it.

Old 11-20-2019, 05:16 AM

9,639 posts, read 6,022,039 times
Quote:

So?

Mind your own business.

Old 11-20-2019, 05:17 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,392,274 times
These old tropes simply will never die, will they? To quote our President: "Sad!"

Old 11-20-2019, 05:21 AM

17,005 posts, read 12,600,110 times
Sad for the OP.

Not comfortable telling people who they can marry as long as it involves a sane adult willing human.

Whenever I see people railing against gays, I wonder if they are having an affair.

Old 11-20-2019, 05:32 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
The number of Gays and Lesbians is so small it is insignificant. If it makes them happy, I am fine with it. We're talking about 1% of the population, so who cares what they do? Just don't try to normalize it to my kids in School, Media, Social Media and Entertainment like they are doing.

Old 11-20-2019, 05:33 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,713,823 times
Quote:

https://www.rollcall.com/news/policy/new-census-data-1-million-sex-households-us
Well...maybe that is a biological check on population growth. I am certainly not qualified to know, but it certainly seems as if the phenomenon is being promoted. It seems as if every other new show, especially NETFLIX Original Series, has gay relationships. I do think that "Hollywood" is socially engineering our society and I would agree that its a liberal agenda to do such.

That having been said, I think they have the right to live as they wish as mutually consenting adults. They should have all the rights as everyone else. That said, I am still uncomfortable with it.

Old 11-20-2019, 05:35 AM

45,235 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordSquidworth View Post
So?

Mind your own business.
Agree and the same goes for those running the census.

Old 11-20-2019, 06:13 AM

19,814 posts, read 9,376,760 times
How can the Census Bureau determine which same sex people living together are homosexual couples and which are simply roommates living together to save on rent or some other practical reason?

I personally have known at least a half-dozen people who were absolutely heterosexual who temporarily lived with a person of the same sex for many months. Even if a residence has just one bedroom, many poor people end up with someone regularly using the sofa as a bed.

(However, granted, it does seem likely that two people are gay if they have been living together for at least a couple of years, and both people are over 25 or so.)

Last edited by katharsis; 11-20-2019 at 06:36 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies