Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-20-2019, 01:34 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post
If they are of age... no problem.

It's not a matter of opinion.
Gay does not equal sterile. Gays and lesbians do have children.

How does having children lead to extinction? My wife and I have two generations now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2019, 01:39 PM

45,237 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Wow, that is really interesting, and thanks for posting! I had no idea that this kind of detailed question was being asked.

I think that the government truly is Big Brother now. Although I don't object to a census, I think it should be limited to just the basic names of people in a household along with their age and sex, and their relationship to whoever is listed as the head of household -- which I think should be limited to: spouse, child, parent, other relative, or "other" (period). However, I would not object to listing the general total household income without going into detail, and whether all members speak English (and if not, what the primary language is of each member), as these questions might identify what services might benefit many members of a community. But other than that? Nope.

(I also don't see why any kind of race or ancestry question is relevant these days, with fewer and fewer people being 100 percent "anything" as it applies to ancestry.)
The puropose of the census is to help lawmakers know which groups need to be discriminated against

Old 11-20-2019, 01:39 PM

33,315 posts, read 12,546,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I know several same sex households that have been living together for decades. A few are in their 70’s. A few are siblings. I don’t make assumptions and their orientation is none of my business.

This country has long bestowed unique privileges and benefits on married heterosexual couples, especially survivors, whether married or not at the time of death of one party. I view SSM as a civil right.
I'm a second half baby boomer, and there was one household on my street growing up (in one of the most affluent SF Bay Area suburbs) where two spinster career women owned the house and lived there. Both had successful careers, but seemingly not rewarding enough where either would have been able to afford the house and the travel, etc. that they did separately (the perks each wanted in life). No one thought they were lesbians, and even if people had thought they were, no one would have cared. They lived there for decades. One of the women later died (the house wasn't reassessed after that ). The remaining lady later married a man she had known since before she ever moved to California. Later he died, and then she died, and then the house was sold. A gay physician and his boyfriend lived next door to them, and no one cared.

Old 11-20-2019, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Trump supporters talking about god and scripture has to be the highest of ironies.
No kidding.

Old 11-20-2019, 01:51 PM

45,237 posts, read 26,464,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Look at the tone and overall posturing of that edict. It's sickening and disturbing.

Yet here we are, several pages later, and both teams are still fixated on my genitals and where they go each day.

Statism is cancer. A brain drain. You lose all sense of individuality and empathy for your fellow man.

Sickos.
https://www.betterteam.com/illegal-interview-questions
Yet ask a prospective employee the same questions and you will get punished for them.
Quote:
Illegal job interview questions solicit information from job candidates that could be used to discriminate against them. Asking questions about a candidate's race, religion, or gender could open a company up to a discrimination lawsuit.
https://www.eeoc.gov/employers/remedies.cfm
Quote:
Remedies For Employment Discrimination
Whenever discrimination is found, the goal of the law is to put the victim of discrimination in the same position (or nearly the same) that he or she would have been if the discrimination had never occurred.

The types of relief will depend upon the discriminatory action and the effect it had on the victim. For example, if someone is not selected for a job or a promotion because of discrimination, the remedy may include placement in the job and/or back pay and benefits the person would have received.

The employer also will be required to stop any discriminatory practices and take steps to prevent discrimination in the future.

A victim of discrimination also may be able to recover attorney's fees, expert witness fees, and court costs.

Remedies May Include Compensatory & Punitive Damages
Compensatory and punitive damages may be awarded in cases involving intentional discrimination based on a person's race, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), religion, disability, or genetic information.

Compensatory damages pay victims for out-of-pocket expenses caused by the discrimination (such as costs associated with a job search or medical expenses) and compensate them for any emotional harm suffered (such as mental anguish, inconvenience, or loss of enjoyment of life).

Punitive damages may be awarded to punish an employer who has committed an especially malicious or reckless act of discrimination.
of course a prospective employee can always opt out of the interview and go elsewhere, but they'll have no such luck with doing it with a census taker

Old 11-20-2019, 01:55 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times
I don't care who marries who or who lives with who as long as it's consensual but as a couple poster have pointed out Hollywood, the entertainment industry and media sure does seem to push being gay.

Just about very TV show I have liked or watched in recent years has a gay couple or lesbian couple in it as if the producers and writers MUST have a gay or lesbian in the cast. Seeing how they are not a high percentage in the population based n given statistics why does TV industry have so many portrayed gay people in castings?

Walking Dead
Fear the Walking Dead
Games of Thrones
Star Trek Discovery
Jessica Jones
Luke Cage

just for examples I'm sure there are more

Becomes evident that the entertainment industry has a SJW agenda to it.

I'm not offended by seeing a gay person on a show but when every show has to have one it becomes yeah whatever......

Last edited by lionking; 11-20-2019 at 02:16 PM..

Old 11-20-2019, 01:58 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,217,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
I don't care who marries who or who lives with who as long as it's consensual but as a couple poster have pointed out Hollywood, the entertainment industry and media sure does seem to push being gay.

Just about very TV show I have liked or watched in recent years has a gay couple or lesbian couple in it as if the producers and writers MUST have a gay or lesbian in the cast. Seeing how they are not a high percentage in the population based n given statistics why does TV industry have so many portrayed gay people in castings?

Walking Dead
Fear the Walking Dead
Games of Thrones
Star Trek Voyager
Jessica Jones
Luke Cage

just for examples I'm sure there are more

Becomes evident that the entertainment industry has a SJW agenda to it.

I'm not offended by seeing a gay person on a show but when every show has to have one it becomes yeah whatever......
Every show has a straight couple too. People are more likely to get invested in characters that are like them that means that they will tune in week after week. It's all about the money.

Old 11-20-2019, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
LOL at the God worshipers! I guess you forgot "thou shalt not judge".

Did you know that same-sex behavior is common across the animal kingdom?

We are mammals and here is the list of other mammals that display homosexual behavior.

List

I think it's time you drop that antiqued morally corrupt book and take up science so that you can understand how the natural world works and behaves.
I love the Houston metro, but one benefit you (personally) get from now being 2,000 miles away is being far from large groups of people who share the stated view (in this thread) of the OP (IIRC, one of the OP's houses is in my community, and the other is 'closer in') .

Old 11-20-2019, 02:03 PM

20,872 posts, read 9,550,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
You can spin it all you want to defend homosexuality but if you believe in God

marriage is covenant between a man and a woman that become one flesh. The marriage of homosexuals and lesbians, men with men and women with women, is an abomination against God and a perversion against nature.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/policy...-households-us
The only reason marriage exists in any sort of Godly manner is an an accommodation to sin.

I Corinthians 7: "Now for the matters you wrote about: It is good for a man not to marry. But since there is so much immorality, each man should have his own wife, and each woman her own husband. ..."

That is, since the sin of lust exists, and little can be done about it, marriage is a "concession" (Paul's words, verse 6) to accommodate and "legitimize" that sin.

So we have: Heterosexual lust is a sin. Marriage exists to accommodate or acquiesce to it.
Why not: Homosexual lust is a sin. Allow marriage to accommodate or acquiesce to it.

Old 11-20-2019, 02:12 PM

19,815 posts, read 9,376,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Every show has a straight couple too. People are more likely to get invested in characters that are like them that means that they will tune in week after week. It's all about the money.
Yes, but they also risk turning off a lot of people (or, rather, having a lot of people turning the show off).

I was a fan of Grey's Anatomy for eight seasons, despite its very liberal bias (and, no, I am not going to put "imo" as I usually do in my posts because, imo, that is fact). But after it got to the point that it was unusual to have a Euro-white straight intelligent couple in an episode (other than Derek and Meredith, of course), I permanently stopped watching.

And, to be clear, there are many series that have gay couples and/or many non-white characters that I do watch and enjoy, but I just don't like it when TV shows make it seem as though those of us who are white and straight and who still comprise the majority of people in the U.S. are actually only a small percentage of U.S. residents. In my opinion, that is almost as bad as what went on in the 50's and 60's when most TV shows and movies almost entirely ignored non-whites altogether, unless they were portrayed as some kind of servant or gang member.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies