Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2019, 03:41 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
If my kid was gay I’d love him the same - I’d make him think hard about any decions he would make - but if he is grown he is on his own. He remains my son no matter what. How he behaves in public up to him. Now - if he was a person who hurt others, I’d turn him in myself, still my son, but in a place to do no harm.
If my Son said stuff like was the "grabbing puzzles" and acted like that I wouldn't have them as part of my life. Not to say they couldn't attend my funeral, but I wouldn't be socializing with him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2019, 03:51 PM

13,608 posts, read 21,401,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by YanMarcs View Post
Is that serious? In many county of white majority states it is easier to find a gay person than a black person for example ...

Many Hollywood shows are situated in the suburbs of big cities, in the future or in dystopian realities, considering that over 70 percent of Americans know someone who is gay ... having one gay couple per show is more than normal, it's natural..
oh come on , of course it is easier to find a gay person in a majority white country than a black person, just like it's easier to find a black gay person in a majority black country than finding a white person. Sexuality and race don't have anything to do with it.

However statistics were already given in the thread the percentage of people who are gay, is low compared to society in general.

Hey like I said I don't care if you are gay, marry who you want and live with who you want my life goes on, but NO homosexuality is not normal, normal is what most people are and you are not to quote a line from a Star Trek movie.

Entertainment industry does go out of it's way to say it is common and normal, well no it's not. So live your life, I'll live mine to heck what people think.

But someone did ask "what is the gay agenda?", the agenda the media and film industry it seems is to make it seem being gay is normal and all around, when no it's not, most people AREN'T gay just a simple fact.

Old 11-21-2019, 04:21 PM

900 posts, read 375,965 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
oh come on , of course it is easier to find a gay person in a majority white country than a black person, just like it's easier to find a black gay person in a majority black country than finding a white person. Sexuality and race don't have anything to do with it.

However statistics were already given in the thread the percentage of people who are gay, is low compared to society in general.

Hey like I said I don't care if you are gay, marry who you want and live with who you want my life goes on, but NO homosexuality is not normal, normal is what most people are and you are not to quote a line from a Star Trek movie.

Entertainment industry does go out of it's way to say it is common and normal, well no it's not. So live your life, I'll live mine to heck what people think.

But someone did ask "what is the gay agenda?", the agenda the media and film industry it seems is to make it seem being gay is normal and all around, when no it's not, most people AREN'T gay just a simple fact.
There are no serious statistics and no government officials about the percentage of LGBT people in the US, they are estimates and there are many, and each uses what suits them.

Normal are concepts that vary according to time, it was normal in the past to have slaves ... the concept of homosexuality is not used to normal, but to nature is natural and that is what matters.

Each one interprets the question as they please, but facts are facts, homosexual people are part of the daily lives of more than half of the national population so it is natural and statically certain that there is a wide representation of the reality close to what the average citizen lives in life. .

Old 11-22-2019, 06:49 AM

19,815 posts, read 9,376,760 times
Yes, to the most recent comments above.

It bothers me that people distort the meaning of the word 'normal' to make it equivalent to "nothing wrong" (with it). If I'm not mistaken, the American Psychiatric Association started it when they said that homosexuality was "normal".

Well, in my opinion, there is nothing wrong with someone if s/he is homosexual or bisexual, but that does not make that person 'normal' according to the dictionary definition of 'normal'.

nor·mal
/ˈnôrməl/

adjective
conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected.
"it's quite normal for puppies to bolt their food"

Old 11-22-2019, 07:21 AM

2,180 posts, read 641,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Yes, to the most recent comments above.

It bothers me that people distort the meaning of the word 'normal' to make it equivalent to "nothing wrong" (with it). If I'm not mistaken, the American Psychiatric Association started it when they said that homosexuality was "normal".

Well, in my opinion, there is nothing wrong with someone if s/he is homosexual or bisexual, but that does not make that person 'normal' according to the dictionary definition of 'normal'.

nor·mal
/ˈnôrməl/

adjective
conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or expected.
"it's quite normal for puppies to bolt their food"

By the same token, it's not "normal" to be left handed, to have red hair or to have green eyes. The incidence of green eyes in the human population is less than the measured incidence of homosexuality. Yet, nobody runs around telling green eyed folks that they are "abnormal."

BUT, if the understanding of the word normal is, "expected variation in a range of options".... then sexuality differences (same sex attraction at least) ARE normal. Human sexuality is complicated and implicates all sorts of chemical, biological and physiological factors in our bodies and brains vis-a-vis other humans. However, it would NOT be normal or expected for humans to have attraction to animals, machines or to go around humping trees. So THAT is "not normal."

It's all in the context and you shouldn't use the word "normal" as a weapon. Just like how with handicapped kids or delayed development kids or even little people (dwarves) they don't use "normal" anymore. They use "average" to denote what is "normal" or "expected" among kids a certain age, or the expected height of a human.... because it better captures the sentiment. Unless you're just trying to be an ass about it. Then don't be upset when someone pushes back.

Old 11-22-2019, 07:49 AM

12,964 posts, read 13,684,417 times
We used to call them bachelors pads and spinsters. Trust me it ain't new.

Old 11-22-2019, 07:52 AM

8,957 posts, read 2,561,248 times
Why would this be a bad thing?

Old 11-22-2019, 07:57 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
You can spin it all you want to defend homosexuality but if you believe in God

marriage is covenant between a man and a woman that become one flesh. The marriage of homosexuals and lesbians, men with men and women with women, is an abomination against God and a perversion against nature.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/policy...-households-us

Would it shock you to learn that belief in God is in no way, shape, or form a requirement to be an American citizen with the same rights as any other?

Old 11-22-2019, 08:10 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,819,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Would it shock you to learn that belief in God is in no way, shape, or form a requirement to be an American citizen with the same rights as any other?

The Republican Party disagrees.

Old 11-22-2019, 08:14 AM

36,539 posts, read 30,885,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Or that belief in God does not mean one believes homosexuality is a perversion or abomination. Interpretations vary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies