Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2019, 10:05 AM

6,968 posts, read 2,699,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGoodTheBadTheUgly View Post
You can spin it all you want to defend homosexuality but if you believe in God

marriage is covenant between a man and a woman that become one flesh. The marriage of homosexuals and lesbians, men with men and women with women, is an abomination against God and a perversion against nature.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/policy...-households-us

I lived in a same-sex household for 3 years. It was called a fraternity house and I was in college and did the same thing for a few years before getting married after I graduated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2019, 10:08 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,202,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
I lived in a same-sex household for 3 years. It was called a fraternity house and I was in college and did the same thing for a few years before getting married after I graduated
Then on that census question you would have checked the box that said room mate, not spouse or unmarried partner.

Old 11-22-2019, 10:26 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,624,543 times
Who’s God? If you are a Christian are you supposed to judge anyone? What’s wrong with live and let live? Gays have been around since the beginning of time. You don’t have to like it. Just get used to it because these people aren’t going away, even with Trump as Liar in Chief...

Old 11-22-2019, 10:51 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katharsis View Post
Excellent post! What you wrote in the first paragraph was what I was going to add to my previous post after thinking about it some more, but you said it better than I would have. I think "atypical" is a MUCH better word to use to describe traits that are found in a (relatively) small percentage of a larger group.

I also agree with the second paragraph, except that I am comfortable around people who are homosexual or bisexual -- but I admit that I am not at all comfortable around people who are transgendered. But as you said, "I just have to accept and live with them in society as I do believe they deserve all the rights that I do. I don't want to infringe upon their freedoms just because I am uncomfortable with it. There is nothing that can be done to make me feel comfortable with it either."
I don't mind being around gay people. I have a problem seeing two men kissing and acting feminine. However, I am less offended by two women kissing....but don't like seeing that either....really. They could be kissing me I am not potentially missing out on anything when two guys are kissing.

Old 11-22-2019, 11:01 AM

37,110 posts, read 41,246,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
If my kid was gay, I wouldn't expect him to go around glorifying and promoting it for others. That's the difference you can't understand. There is one point to human sexuality, and that is procreation, that's the primary purpose. Not the only purpose, but that is why we have a sexual attraction to the opposite sex. So, no, it isn't "normal" at its very basic principal.
Being homosexual does not preclude procreation, and not all heterosexuals procreate.

Old 11-22-2019, 11:06 AM

2,486 posts, read 824,551 times
Quote:
The number of Gays and Lesbians is so small it is insignificant. If it makes them happy, I am fine with it. We're talking about 1% of the population, so who cares what they do? Just don't try to normalize it to my kids in School, Media, Social Media and Entertainment like they are doing.

This is exactly how I feel about it. As a Libertarian I believe that all people should be able to do whatever makes them happy as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.

If teachers try to indoctrinate kids, THAT is hurting others. They are teachers not parents.

Old 11-22-2019, 11:24 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,704,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Originalist View Post
This is exactly how I feel about it. As a Libertarian I believe that all people should be able to do whatever makes them happy as long as it doesn't hurt anyone else.

If teachers try to indoctrinate kids, THAT is hurting others. They are teachers not parents.
Is there some sort of libertarian instruction manual that tells people what to believe? Why can't you just say what you believe without attaching it to anything?

Old 11-22-2019, 11:45 AM

73,005 posts, read 62,585,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annandale_Man View Post
Funny you mention that. Alot of people living in same sex households might just be roommates and nothing more. Given that it isn't cheap to live alone, some people take up roommates.

Old 11-22-2019, 12:05 PM

1,161 posts, read 434,913 times
Quote:
Again, it is a VERY small percentage of the population, and shouldn't be promoted, and glorified like Education, the Media, and Entertainment are doing. Nobody is saying to call them "wrong", or "weird".
You didn't answer my question. Why shouldn't it be normalized? JUST because their a minority? That doesn't make sense.

Old 11-22-2019, 12:13 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,202,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Funny you mention that. Alot of people living in same sex households might just be roommates and nothing more. Given that it isn't cheap to live alone, some people take up roommates.
And if they are roommates they would check the box for roommate, not the one for spouse or unmarried partner.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies