Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-21-2019, 08:06 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,048,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerobime227 View Post
Why? We all know it's harmless, even less so than e-cigarettes and the like and several states have managed to legalize it, so what's the hold ups with the feds? I hate how due to it when I want weed I have to give my friend with a medical Marijuana card who grows his own money to give me some as opposed to just buying it at Walmart?

Are these people in positions of power just straight up dumb-****s?
Weed is NOT harmless.

The weed that was running around in the 60's is NOT your today's weed. It is MUCH, MUCH worse than alcohol.

The entire medical Marijuana thing is a scam.

Look all drugs should be legal. Weed is legal in Washington state. I really don't give a rip if YOU smoke weed as long as you DON'T drive under the influence.

But don't pretend that weed is harmless. It is NOT.

Old 11-21-2019, 08:11 PM

14,834 posts, read 7,414,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
Weed is NOT harmless.
Actually it pretty much is, for adults at least.

Quote:
The weed that was running around in the 60's is NOT your today's weed.
Very true, today's weed is much more potent. That's a good thing since the same amount will last you longer.

Quote:
It is MUCH, MUCH worse than alcohol.
Absolutely absurd and lacking factual knowledge of pharmacology, biology, physiology, as well as basic science and objective fact.

Quote:
The entire medical Marijuana thing is a scam.
100% false. Many conditions are legitly aided by weed, the most widely accepted being childhood seizures. We've even legalized it for that here red states like GA. Why? The objective fact that children were suffering and weed could help was too much for even our supermajority R legislature and governor to ignore.

Quote:
Look all drugs should be legal. Weed is legal in Washington state. I really don't give a rip if YOU smoke weed as long as you DON'T drive under the influence.
Ok, now we're finally getting somewhere. Thank you for bringing it back to a reasonable position.

Quote:
But don't pretend that weed is harmless. It is NOT.
Again, for most, it is. Out.

Old 11-21-2019, 08:46 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
There seems to be little evidence of marijuana use by mass murderers.

Might be the main push behind pot use.

We don't know for sure about GW Bush's use, though. He might just be a permanently potted person from earlier years of use. Raised by an evil family. He used alcohol to deaden those brain areas. Then he used religion to . . .

GW's use was probably an attempt to escape his family.

Very bad results for people using it to escape evil.

Not sure whether putting pot in Sherlock Holmes' pipe would have been a help beyond his tobacco use.

Last edited by Hyperthetic; 11-21-2019 at 09:03 PM..

Old 11-21-2019, 08:49 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,048,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Actually it pretty much is, for adults at least.

Very true, today's weed is much more potent. That's a good thing since the same amount will last you longer.

Absolutely absurd and lacking factual knowledge of pharmacology, biology, physiology, as well as basic science and objective fact.

100% false. Many conditions are legitly aided by weed, the most widely accepted being childhood seizures. We've even legalized it for that here red states like GA. Why? The objective fact that children were suffering and weed could help was too much for even our supermajority R legislature and governor to ignore.

Ok, now we're finally getting somewhere. Thank you for bringing it back to a reasonable position.

Again, for most, it is. Out.
Is tobacco harmless for adults?? Weed is inhaled and there is enough evidence that it is WORSE than tobacco.

Yes, but it is NOT a good thing. How many people drink high alcohol drinks so they can stay drunk (high) longer?? Isn't it the same thing.

IF medical conditions are aided by weed.....limit sales of medical marijuana to products with NO THC. How do you think sales of medical marijuana would do under THOSE conditions.

It is your BODY. The government should have no business deciding what you can ingest. Even more important the government should no longer have the right to decide medical treatment for you.

BUT don't lie to yourself. Weed is a pretty awful drug, as is alcohol.

Drugs are awful. BUT, if you wish to indulge....have at it. I would like them to be priced very cheaply, so you can remove yourself from the gene pool at the earliest opportunity.

Old 11-21-2019, 08:57 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,226,860 times
Quote:
Is tobacco harmless for adults?? Weed is inhaled and there is enough evidence that it is WORSE than tobacco.

Yes, but it is NOT a good thing. How many people drink high alcohol drinks so they can stay drunk (high) longer?? Isn't it the same thing.

IF medical conditions are aided by weed.....limit sales of medical marijuana to products with NO THC. How do you think sales of medical marijuana would do under THOSE conditions.

It is your BODY. The government should have no business deciding what you can ingest. Even more important the government should no longer have the right to decide medical treatment for you.

Drugs are awful. BUT, if you wish to indulge....have at it. I would like them to be priced very cheaply, so you can remove yourself from the gene pool at the earliest opportunity.
Stoners can justify their “need” for relaxation.

Old 11-21-2019, 09:08 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
A stupid claim was made and I called that stupid claim by claiming it was stupid.

And I made it my business. If you have an issue with that, tough.
When you infringe on my right to self ownership it becomes my business.

Old 11-21-2019, 09:14 PM

Quote:

It’s not awful in the least and people have used it for thousands of years just like alcohol.

It is less harmful to the body than alcohol when not smoked. Zero comparison.

Old 11-21-2019, 09:16 PM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
I don't think pot is used for date raping.

Too much awareness to it.

Old 11-21-2019, 09:18 PM

3,372 posts, read 1,566,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerobime227 View Post
Why? We all know it's harmless, even less so than e-cigarettes and the like and several states have managed to legalize it, so what's the hold ups with the feds? I hate how due to it when I want weed I have to give my friend with a medical Marijuana card who grows his own money to give me some as opposed to just buying it at Walmart?

Are these people in positions of power just straight up dumb-****s?

It helps to grease the wheels of our criminal "justice" system and there has been a war on everything hemp-related for many decades now. Hemp products are superior to many alternatives but have been suppressed for a long time now because of the overarching narrative that all things hemp-related are "evil." Just more propaganda for the lemmings to gulp up.

Old 11-21-2019, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
It helps to grease the wheels of our criminal "justice" system and there has been a war on everything hemp-related for many decades now. Hemp products are superior to many alternatives but have been suppressed for a long time now because of the overarching narrative that all things hemp-related are "evil." Just more propaganda for the lemmings to gulp up.
Yes, weed was banned because of monied business interests opposed to hemp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies